:( What did I do :(

Nopnoob

I just had a fight with my friend and I knew for a fact that he was using illegal 3rd party software and I reported him. Then a while later I started thinking what if he got permed :? I now really regret it. Not going to name names btw.

NOTE: This wasn't one of my closest friends, but we were still kinda good friends but I didn't know him IRL.

There, just had to say it :oops:

If something similar happend to you, please share.

5efw5y.png

Dutchy angel2w.gif

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a feeling this topic is more appropriate for Help and Advice.

But seriously, in spite of the fact that using an illegal 3rd party software is against the rules, you shouldn't have done that. Your intention was malicious. You did not report because you felt that reporting was the way to identify and rectify your friend's mistake, you reported with the hope of ruining your friend's account as an act of MALICIOUS REVENGE. So, pray hard now that your friend is not using the software to his UNFAIR ADVANTAGE, because if he gets banned, you are going to be haunted by your own actions for life. Or at least a very long time. Like a week.

Well if he didn't want to get permed he shouldn't have used macroing software in the first place.

Its common sence to not report your friends/family to authority's. Unless he/she is out for murder or whatever.

I for one would not report my friend to the cops because his bicycle lights are broken. He did not hurt anyone with macro'ing, and certainly not his friend. So why would you report him?

Besides, reporting really isn't that helpfull since macro software really easily gets spotted these days anyway.

One final word of advice: If you value the authority's above your friends, you will only have the authority as a friend in the end.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

If he uses macro programs then he knows the risks. Regardless of wether you reported him or not he would have probably been found out eventually anyway. Jagex takes a strong stance on cheating programs and the consequences are clearly stated in the rules.

Out of all the Runescape rules using cheating programs is by far the most deserving of a ban.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

If he uses macro programs then he knows the risks. Regardless of wether you reported him or not he would have probably been found out eventually anyway. Jagex takes a strong stance on cheating programs and the consequences are clearly stated in the rules.

Out of all the Runescape rules using cheating programs is by far the most deserving of a ban.

oh come on bots are so advanced jagex has no hope of catching you

do a quick google search and then tell me people always get caught

free bot software out there if your idea of fun is getting the levels without getting them yourself (the point of the game is workign on your account for the sense of achievment and fun you will get out of it , want high levels use a privite server!)

if you wanted to macro on a main account just for levels it is not hard, they have got rid of the 100's of bots not because they can catch them, because it is now not profitable with trade limit.

they take a strong stance :roll: on these sites if a main members account gets catch they get 0.1 blackmarks and a week ban, very heavy punishment much

and before some idiot says otherwise i would never macro myself

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

From a third party perspective, I'm glad you did it. Macroers are by and large terrible for the game, and one less macroer benefits all of us.

Personally, I refuse to credit OR condemn you. Only you really know your actions.

If you did this on a moral highground because it was the right thing to do, you are a more pious person than most and should be commended.

If you did this to avoid letting a friend surpass you on a chase to some goal in skills, gold, etc, then I think you acted out of malice. You should have warned them once.

I don't want to hear anything of this "no-snitch" code, either. If you are macroing, I hope you get caught and reported. Plain and simple. People in the end need to be held accountable for their actions, and a lack of accountability is the sort of thing that has made our society weaker as a whole.

stormveritas.png

well when swiftswitch became against the rule i didn't know and got black marks and 1 week ban for using 3rd party software, i alread had 2 black marks and this took me upto 9.5 black marks so i'm asuming it gives you 7.5 marks so maybe your friend might be lucky and have a clean account.

oh now i'm down to 7.7 marks for some reason

]ac_s_dc.png

You just ruined New Year for yr friend

Yeah I agree, you've RUINED EVERYTHING FOR EVERYONE EVER -.-

Melodramatic people drive me mad

OT: I personally wouldn't report a friend, but oh well. I can't stand macros either :XD:

You'll just have to hope that he gets away with a few black marks, he'll learn his lesson then lol.

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

One final word of advice: If you value the authority's above your friends, you will only have the authority as a friend in the end.

Ooh, that sounds cool :P

And you really shouldn't have reported your friend. Sorry for the melodramatic-ness, but you just stabbed him in the back.

The_Maddest.png

I love how all of you are like, "Yeah, report that cheater! I would!" Who the hell values something like runescape over a real friendship? IMO what you did shows a huge lack of maturity and spitefullness...think before you act.

If he's cheating, report him. Simple as. You can say 'oh well friendship is more important than Runescape' so yeah, report him and if he gets mad at you then he's got the problem not you. If he stops being your friend over a game then -.-

Also by not reporting him you're encouraging him to break the rules (in a way). People shouldn't cheat. Getting levels is part of the game and you're missing out on it by macroing.

I wouldn't get him in trouble with say, the police over something unless it was serious, but this. is. a. game. If he gets in trouble then he should have followed the rules in the first place. :wall:

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

If he's cheating, report him. Simple as. You can say 'oh well friendship is more important than Runescape' so yeah, report him and if he gets mad at you then he's got the problem not you. If he stops being your friend over a game then -.-

Also by not reporting him you're encouraging him to break the rules (in a way). People shouldn't cheat. Getting levels is part of the game and you're missing out on it by macroing.

I wouldn't get him in trouble with say, the police over something unless it was serious, but this. is. a. game. If he gets in trouble then he should have followed the rules in the first place. :wall:

Friendship should be more important than Runescape...

Especially IRL friendships.

priest_wiz.png

That is true. I'd never dump my friends because they screwed me over on Runescape, so hopefully if he does get banhammered he shouldn't either to you.

Just people are syaing 'you shouldn't have reported him he's your friend, friends are more important than Runescape.' but it should work the other way too (hopefully, if he's a reasonable person) that he'll understand it's just a game.

Just hope he doesn't get in too much trouble, if it's his first offense it shouldn't be too bad? I wouldn't know *shrugs*

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Actions in video games and other relaxed mediums are indicators of someone's true personality when their actions have no real world consequences.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Actions in video games and other relaxed mediums are indicators of someone's true personality when their actions have no real world consequences.

?

priest_wiz.png

?

He means that games like Runescape show someones real personality, because they can do whatever they want since there is noone condemning them.

As in, you can report someone all you like, because you won't get beat up by him.

You can scam all you want, because the person in question won't come hunt you down ect.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

If a friend swears, he has a bad day. If i see some body swear ingame, i tell them that I'll report if they do it again. And I do if they say it again.

When it comes to friendship, it all depends. Would you report your friend who you know is drinking and driving, or would you wait for him to wreck and kill somebody?

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

If a friend swears, he has a bad day. If i see some body swear ingame, i tell them that I'll report if they do it again. And I do if they say it again.

When it comes to friendship, it all depends. Would you report your friend who you know is drinking and driving, or would you wait for him to wreck and kill somebody?

I always report people without warning them. Except my friends. I never report them.

priest_wiz.png