secondary items for phoenix?

mmmorgan

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the fire bird feather you get during Hero's/Golem Quest?

EDIT: Spirit Chincompa also has a stackable second.

Cooked Bird Meat. :thumbup:

Think about it;

the Phoenix is a bird (hence the bird meat)

the Phoenix is also flaming (fire + bird meat = Cooked bird meat)

:thumbsup:

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.

how about they introduce a new phase to the bird meat + fire => cooked meat

bird meat + fire + neglect => raw meat on fire

and then you have a very limited time to use that all on obelisk before all you get back is a dead bird familiar

fishing.gif

Worst case scenario: Similar to the Pest Control charms, there are Phoenix Charms/Phoenix Feathers/Ashes only available in small quantities for those willing to waste time on the minigame.

P2P forever!... Or at least 'til <insert excuse here> happens

Falterflame.png

98% of people have signatures with made up statistics in them. If you're one of the 2% that doesn't, copy this and add it to your signature.

Isn't there a Phoenix in the desert that you can get specific feathers from or something? :-#

Phoenix tail feather. You get one during the golem quest or something.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

cinnamon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_(mythology)

A phoenix is a mythical bird with a tail of beautiful gold and red plumage (or purple and blue, by some sources [1]). It has a 600-800 year life-cycle, near the end of which it builds itself a nest of cinnamon twigs that it then ignites; both nest and bird burn fiercely and are reduced to ashes, from which a new, young phoenix or phoenix egg arises, reborn anew to live again.

http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2item_id=4683

-Entrana Firebird feathers

-Ashes

-Tinderbox

-Some type of new charm, similar to obsidian charms

-Fire Rune

-Fire Battlestaff

Those are my speculations. You have to do a quest in order to have one by the way, which could mean that they're releasing a new item as a secondary. Of course this would probably mean that they will be horded as soon as they come out and near impossible to get without paying some outrageous fee to another player via junk trades.

I just hope it's a worthwhile familiar. I could use a good fighter. I believe it will be in the 50-75 range in the summoning skill.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

cinnamon

A phoenix is a mythical bird with a tail of beautiful gold and red plumage (or purple and blue, by some sources [1]). It has a 600-800 year life-cycle, near the end of which it builds itself a nest of cinnamon twigs that it then ignites; both nest and bird burn fiercely and are reduced to ashes, from which a new, young phoenix or phoenix egg arises, reborn anew to live again.

Nice find, could be a possibility.

I think that maybe the cinnamon and red feathers could be the ingredients.

OP: Change your title.

tipitsiggy.png

cinnamon

600 - 800 years eh?

So we could have this thing out summoned for the rest of our days. :thumbup:

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.

Tears of a Blood Elf. You anoint a chicken with them and, voila!, you have your flaming turkey!

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Ashes are shooting upwards, I only managed to buy just over 900 at max price overnight

Luckily for me, as I have already stated, I already have 13k in my bank....C'mon ashes....be the secondary ingredient (summoning is good for junk, no?)

Understanding.png

"Probably the worst thing I do is take bubble baths. But manly ones."

No matter what the avatar looks like, I'm male

Ashes are shooting upwards, I only managed to buy just over 900 at max price overnight

Luckily for me, as I have already stated, I already have 13k in my bank....C'mon ashes....be the secondary ingredient (summoning is good for junk, no?)

Even IF ashes are the secondary ingredient all the people investing might be in for a big loss coming up.

It takes about 35k charms for get to 99 Summoning and IF the Phoenix provides fairly good exp and stays about that rate then you are talking about only spending 280k on secondary ingredients. When training up summoning you dont normally do more than a few thousand of each pouch before moving onto the next best exp for your level. If the Phoenix is around the level 70 region then the average person is only going to make 4 or 5 thousand of them. 5k*8gp is only 40k.

However when you look at the exp rates for summoning familiars you notice that the ones that have easy to obtain ingredients yeild a lot less exp than others. A Ravenous Locust (lvl 70 summoning) which uses flour (45gp on the GE) is 132exp per pouch while Stranger Plant (lvl 64) is 281.6 exp and Granite Lobster (lvl 74) is 325.6 exp. With ashes being such an easy to obtain second and the familiar probably being a mid level it will not give enough exp to make it a worthwhile training option and thus the demand for seconds will not be in sufficient amounts to make a decent profit by selling ashes.

Also with Bogrog exchanging pouches for more shards at 70% there isn't really a junk value in summoning because you get real value back out of it.

Lastly, if you are buying at max on the GE then you are already too late and missed the boat for making a fast buck when/if ashes are the secondary ingredient.

I expect the secondary ingredient to be untradeable and as reward from the quest/daily repeatable award they are adding. The pouches will be tradeable but due to the nature of obtaining seconds the trade value will be higher (note the prices of the pest control familiars)

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Even IF ashes are the secondary ingredient all the people investing might be in for a big loss coming up.

It takes about 35k charms for get to 99 Summoning and IF the Phoenix provides fairly good exp and stays about that rate then you are talking about only spending 280k on secondary ingredients. When training up summoning you dont normally do more than a few thousand of each pouch before moving onto the next best exp for your level. If the Phoenix is around the level 70 region then the average person is only going to make 4 or 5 thousand of them. 5k*8gp is only 40k.

However when you look at the exp rates for summoning familiars you notice that the ones that have easy to obtain ingredients yeild a lot less exp than others. A Ravenous Locust (lvl 70 summoning) which uses flour (45gp on the GE) is 132exp per pouch while Stranger Plant (lvl 64) is 281.6 exp and Granite Lobster (lvl 74) is 325.6 exp. With ashes being such an easy to obtain second and the familiar probably being a mid level it will not give enough exp to make it a worthwhile training option and thus the demand for seconds will not be in sufficient amounts to make a decent profit by selling ashes.

Also with Bogrog exchanging pouches for more shards at 70% there isn't really a junk value in summoning because you get real value back out of it.

Lastly, if you are buying at max on the GE then you are already too late and missed the boat for making a fast buck when/if ashes are the secondary ingredient.

I expect the secondary ingredient to be untradeable and as reward from the quest/daily repeatable award they are adding. The pouches will be tradeable but due to the nature of obtaining seconds the trade value will be higher (note the prices of the pest control familiars)

I totally agree. Just sell your ashes while you still can.

priest_wiz.png

You make good points and I am fully aware of the potential loss.

What I meant by "junk items" was not that summoning gives them, it is that summoning takes them and thus increases the value of said items, even if the increase is only a small margin

Also, you shouldn't forget that in the first few days of the pheonix release, a lot of people are going to want them....needless to say, however, if it is indeed ashes then we're not going to be talking immense rise per item (I.E. it's not going to be over 1k per item, if even that, which I highly doubt)

Understanding.png

"Probably the worst thing I do is take bubble baths. But manly ones."

No matter what the avatar looks like, I'm male

You make good points and I am fully aware of the potential loss.

What I meant by "junk items" was not that summoning gives them, it is that summoning takes them and thus increases the value of said items, even if the increase is only a small margin

Also, you shouldn't forget that in the first few days of the pheonix release, a lot of people are going to want them....needless to say, however, if it is indeed ashes then we're not going to be talking immense rise per item (I.E. it's not going to be over 1k per item, if even that, which I highly doubt)

I doubt Jagex would intentionally let the prize of ashes go over that of willow logs :?

priest_wiz.png

I think there will be something like a pheonix charm you can get each day by doing the daily thing after the Phoenix Quest.

i tend to agree. :thumbup:

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

Who's to say it won't be an entirely new item? They did that with summoning, who ever heard of Spirit Shards before then?

Who's to say it won't be an entirely new item? They did that with summoning, who ever heard of Spirit Shards before then?

You could be asking you the same question. Let me do the honours.

Who, according to you, has stated that it won't be an entirely new item?

priest_wiz.png

i would bet its not going to be ashes, if they are making a quest for it im sure they are going to come up with something new for the phenix. and from the sound of its going to be a pretty high level familiar, so i doubt jagex would make ashes the secondary.

bedce0cd19.png

well it wont be high level i can tell you that -.-

why do i know this? well why would they make a QUEST for a level 75+ familiar when only a select few could summon it, or even complete the quest

Y_Z.png

I'm not too worried about it. I feel sure that it won't be feathers, because they're stackable (No other pouch has a stackable secondary ingredient). I suppose it could be ashes, but those are so easily obtained that we will never be in any real danger of running out.

And besides, my crystal ball isn't working that well. I wrongly predicted both of today's NFL playoff games. Who thought the Arizona Cardinals would be any good? :roll:

Actually, the level 23 giant chinchompa uses normal chinchompas for a tertiary ingredient, which are stackable :o

100111011101.png

5417.png