What are your thoughts on grand exchange merchanting?

saif

[hide=I win]50moy4.jpg

w762.png[/hide]

I can average 1.5-4m a day with solo merchanting...

[hide=A C I D Y's clan fails]acidyls6.jpg

w1152.png[/hide]

^^^Bought off ge at about 99k ea, used the junk from skilling to sell at around 114-115k ea. A C I D Y's generals predicted it to go up to 175k ea... Crashed around 120k? #-o

In my opinion, clan merchanting FAILS. (Only if you have 100m+ players who listen to dump times.) There are too many early dumpers causing you to lose money on the investment.

Clans that feature early-dumpers:

Dejan619

Cmrobins

A C I D Y

Chessy018

Amplive

Gee Pee Up

I have clan merchanted four times.

Uncut dragonstones, made 4m off of those

Rune crossbows- made 3mish or so off those

Runite bolts- made 2m off those

Mystic Mud staves- made 2.5m off those

Each time, I dumped like 3 hours before the actual clan dumped :-w

If I waited for the dump time (dstones were to be dumped at 70k, I dumped at 59.5k), I would have lost money because the clan ended up dumping at min that same update I sold for max.

So here is a tip for you clan merchanters, DUMP EARLY... I might get flames for saying that but that's the best way to protect your yellow pennies from those greedy clan leaders.

P.S. when you dump with the clan, you will have to keep putting it every g.e update at minimum price to see if it will sell; sometimes it will not even sell (Like the people who are stuck with dragon darts).

Xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

2nd troll to 840+ post count.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mind explaining to me what rule it breaks if clans buy up a ton of a specific item?

If you lie to people to try to get them to buy into the item, it's item scamming.

Technically, group manipulation should be against rule 4 (cheating) as it is not really in the spirit of the game. However, Jagex hasn't really condemned it and I think they're going to fix it through GE limits, not making it against the rules.

But how are mass people buying and selling items on the GE lying to them? You have the GE database and a LIVE GRAND EXCHANGE to see what you're buying for what price. Where's the scam? Just because people are buying or selling something for a price that's soon to be changed either up or down, how is that a scam? That just means that specific player either got a good deal or a bad deal of what they could have if they theoretically knew what the group was doing.

Also, to anyone who says solo merching is fine yet group merching isn't.. How do you propose that Jagex separates the two and punishes those who are within a mass group?

Good luck.

P.S. I don't ever team marchant, I have only solod. (For your rebuttal of my argument, I suppose.)

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

price manipulation does get annoying sometimes.

i used to merch. alone before pvp and i personally don't think i had an impact since the items a merchanted were all stable and never rose or dropped more than 1% in a week, i went from about 20m-130 from about april-pvp release, the reason i dont merhcant anymore is i don't really focus enough anymore/can't be bothered and pvp has kinda effected the items i merched and i cant be bothered finding new ones

]ac_s_dc.png

Totally depends what type of mercher. If its a group/clan who totally buy out certain items then its not only against the rules but imo immoral.

Now a single person who just buys items for low and sells high is perfectly fine.

Agreed.

Still, it does mess up the market alot.

X_kaylin_X.png

I can't understand merchanting at all. RuneScape is a game, and games are supposed to be fun. Is it fun to stand in GE for hours to get about 2-3M profit? And it's far away from being the best way to make money, if you would actually train skills you would soon have much more money than you would ever get from merchanting, and a nice chunk of xp too. And it's 100x funnier than standing in GE. GE merchanting is for players who don't care about anything else than having lots of money. I've only had over a million twice and I've played since August 2005. I've completed hard quests, like Contact, with a really small budget (Under 50k for food and items for the quest, plus my equipment that costs around 600-800k). Money isn't a solution for anything - it's only a way to show off to other players how rich you are.

Feel free to call me a noob, or anything, I don't care.

I have a 100% positive view on GE merching but then I think anybody whos made more than max cash from it would say the same.. The people who hate on you for doing it solo or even in a group are just annoyed imo that they havent started doing it, they can use reasons like its immoral or whatever but you know they are just hatin on ya cashpile LOL

2376/2376 total achieved - May 2009

Retired Dec 2009

I can't understand how the "good" players use huge amount of money for everything, while I can do every quest for under 50k :? The most expensive item I have are the dragon boots (cost was about 280k when I bought 'em). Then I have addy gloves (3k for such awesome gloves...), Dragon Scimitar (I also have DDS and battleaxe, but I only use DDS at Giant Mole and battleaxe at combat mini-games), glory ammy (bought when they were 60k each), helm of neitiznot, legends' cape, rune defender, granite body and dragon skirt. They are cheap, but so what? I don't like wasting cash. I use monkfish for everything except if lobsters are enough (green dragon come to mind). I've only had sharks twice; the guy I completed Heroes' with gave me 50 for free and I used one in Fremmy Trials.

Money is how you use it - not how much you use it. If you use 10M+ equipment for everything at lvl 100+, you fail. I do quests, training, and pretty much everything with cheap items, and at lvl 89. I did Monkey Madness with monk robes, Yew Shortbow and Iron Scimitar (for killing annoying spiders). Beat that ;)

I can't understand merchanting at all. RuneScape is a game, and games are supposed to be fun. Is it fun to stand in GE for hours to get about 2-3M profit? And it's far away from being the best way to make money, if you would actually train skills you would soon have much more money than you would ever get from merchanting, and a nice chunk of xp too. And it's 100x funnier than standing in GE. GE merchanting is for players who don't care about anything else than having lots of money. I've only had over a million twice and I've played since August 2005. I've completed hard quests, like Contact, with a really small budget (Under 50k for food and items for the quest, plus my equipment that costs around 600-800k). Money isn't a solution for anything - it's only a way to show off to other players how rich you are.

Feel free to call me a noob, or anything, I don't care.

We don't really throw the n-bomb around here :shame: .

I merchant and sometimes clan merchant; see a few posts before.

We actually don't stand at the g.e; we log in, fix our offers: Buy/Sell, and log-off and go back to real life... skilling, imo, is a waste of time. I can do 200k/h with nat crafting (if i get like 5k more rc xp) but it isn't worth it because of the intensity. G.E merchanting can yield 100-250k an hour and it is as easy as logging in and going to sleep or going outside.

Xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

People do what they like to make money.

That's cool. I like these guys.

Sorta.

But people that whine because they can't get the stuff they need are annoying.

This isn't cool. I don't like these guys.

If people are getting loads of money from this stuff, jump on the band wagon, get loads of money and get your item.

They're making money by manipulating prices for others. It's working.

Kudos to them. Heartless, but kudos.

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

I have a 100% positive view on GE merching but then I think anybody whos made more than max cash from it would say the same.. The people who hate on you for doing it solo or even in a group are just annoyed imo that they havent started doing it, they can use reasons like its immoral or whatever but you know they are just hatin on ya cashpile LOL

I still want a bank pic ): .

Yes, i've solo merched, but i pretty much fail in comparison to most my friends...100-200k average as opposed to 10mil.

I saw other people telling me what they made from clan merchanting and tried it out and lost 3M on first transaction from playing by their rules :lol:

I started solo merching 3 weeks ago starting with 40M and got up to 110M now. I take less than 5 mins looking at charts and know what to do the rest of the day. I can play about 30 mins, about 1-3 mins at a time and make about 2M-4M profit a day, I won't say guaranteed but pretty consistent with such little work. I haven't made less than 1.5M a day since I started.

I'd advise everyone to never go into clan merchanting looking for easy buck. The people who set up the items profit alot off of you while you will have to depend on others not to dump early. Even if you dump early the profit margin isn't as great as if you were merchanting solo.

Kaizoku

I clan merchant, and i couldn't care less what people say.

Look, jagex made the grand exchange the way it is, how else are we going to merchant?

How about you don't merchant :wall: :wall: #-o

least give an explanation bruh :roll:

Saifzman.png

Well when I was in member's I tried merchanting I think it was verac's helms, and They were going up and I bought like 2 of them and then they next day the dropped like aton. I went in A C I D Y's and apparently they just dumped verac's helms.. -.-

So now I don't merchant what they are because everyone always dumps early. I tried it with them before but ehhh not so well.

But solo merching is FTW

090107165349uk2.png

I think that is quite awesome if I do say so my self ::' And that is over a period of 2 nights. :D

Ponder00.png

twssmas.gif

Sorry to hi jack the thread, but I didn't really want to make a new one.

But what would be a good thing to merch for someone with around 2 mil and a steady income of at least 200k an hour?

I'd just like to try it out and see what it's all about, im not gonna go screw up the entire rs economy.

To add something to the discussion I'll say that I think that solo merching is alright and fair, but when an entire clan comes and buys tons of something to raise the price its just corruption.

sir_cambridg.png

LOL. This could take a while.

Sir_Cambridg.png

Tbh those who clan merchant are even getting the short straw.

With solo merchanting you can make a nice 4 m + a day with a decent amount to start with.

Clan merchants rely on leaving all your money in one item that MAY rise for numerous days and then selling. In that time you can make a lot more with solo merching.

s652yx.jpg

clan leaders convince their followers to buy out an item they feel will reach a high price.

clan leaders are virtually drawing from the faith of the clan itself because the clan is putting ALL of their money into this item. The next day, the item that was apparently crashing skyrockets 5%. The clan leader sets a dump date and the clan is supposed to dump the item then.

Items that work the best are items that are in demand, like ranarr seeds. When items are in demand, it is easier to dump and less of a hassle.

Xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

I can't understand how the "good" players use huge amount of money for everything, while I can do every quest for under 50k :? The most expensive item I have are the dragon boots (cost was about 280k when I bought 'em). Then I have addy gloves (3k for such awesome gloves...), Dragon Scimitar (I also have DDS and battleaxe, but I only use DDS at Giant Mole and battleaxe at combat mini-games), glory ammy (bought when they were 60k each), helm of neitiznot, legends' cape, rune defender, granite body and dragon skirt. They are cheap, but so what? I don't like wasting cash. I use monkfish for everything except if lobsters are enough (green dragon come to mind). I've only had sharks twice; the guy I completed Heroes' with gave me 50 for free and I used one in Fremmy Trials.

Money is how you use it - not how much you use it. If you use 10M+ equipment for everything at lvl 100+, you fail. I do quests, training, and pretty much everything with cheap items, and at lvl 89. I did Monkey Madness with monk robes, Yew Shortbow and Iron Scimitar (for killing annoying spiders). Beat that ;)

You have a whopping 7.5m experience, total, across all of your skills. Your total experience in all your time playing this game adds up to a little over HALF of what it takes to get one 99 skill. If you've been playing for 3 years, and don't have any 99 skills, AND barely have HALF the overall exp for ONE 99 skill, I dont think you have the authority to talk about how people develop a high level character.

Lets see...you don't spend tons of money in Runescape...you observe that people with 99s spend tons of money...you dont have any 99s...and you don't understand why good players spend money. Seems pretty obvious to me why someone would want to spend money.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON