Logout Timer Increase 13-Jan-2009

Kenneh

Been wondering if the lapse of some of the censor words was also for Jagex to see our maturity. Yet from the looks of the Grand Exchange, either some words will be repealed or everybody will be mute tomorrow. People I spoke to about it didn't even know what 'context' meant. :wall:

Oh the other hand, most censor updates were nice, and so was the fact they finally list all the hidden updates. <3:

when i started to read your post, I thought, this person sounds awfully familiar, and sure enough it was you.

and I'm pretty sure you don't know what context means, because earlier today I said "this update is badass". And you told me I needed to "use it in context".

Now explain to me how the hell that isn't in context??? The update was awesome and I look forward to having less limited speech and a 5 minute timer, and badass is usually a good thing, so it does fit the context.

Now HOW THE HELL do you expect people to use "[wagon]" in a good way, or a way that "is in context" if you don't even think what i said was in context?

P.S. HONESTLY, straight from the heart...you need to lighten up and grow a pair if your really freaking out over people saying [wagon] and damn...

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad they're finally doing patchnotes.

I suggested doing patchnotes a few years ago on the RSOF because I was sick of surprise hidden updates and everyone claiming every little thing was a hidden update (OMG I DINT GIT BAROS RMUR. IZ NERF!"), and was met with a Jmod response:

"We'd love to, but the number of changes would be too big to list"

Obviously not the case.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

still no party room update :(

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Been wondering if the lapse of some of the censor words was also for Jagex to see our maturity. Yet from the looks of the Grand Exchange, either some words will be repealed or everybody will be mute tomorrow. People I spoke to about it didn't even know what 'context' meant. :wall:

Oh the other hand, most censor updates were nice, and so was the fact they finally list all the hidden updates. <3:

when i started to read your post, I thought, this person sounds awfully familiar, and sure enough it was you.

and I'm pretty sure you don't know what context means, because earlier today I said "this update is badass". And you told me I needed to "use it in context".

Now explain to me how the hell that isn't in context??? The update was awesome and I look forward to having less limited speech and a 5 minute timer, and badass is usually a good thing, so it does fit the context.

Now HOW THE HELL do you expect people to use "[wagon]" in a good way, or a way that "is in context" if you don't even think what i said was in context?

P.S. HONESTLY, straight from the heart...you need to lighten up and grow a pair if your really freaking out over people saying [wagon] and damn...

Are you kidding? It's all about context. Just because they decided to give players a break with the censor, doesn't mean the "Offensive Language" rule has been dismissed. Use it in these sexual or offensive manners, and your begging for trouble.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

These are great updates which should contribute to making RS that little bit less tedious.

But by the way I have noticed you can now say "[wagon]"

(the American spelling) But not "arse", the way it is spelled elsewhere. Not particularly important but maybe they would like to change it?

4D485FC689.png

4d485fc689.png

4d485fc689.png

I Still click every 30 seconds or so, just for old times sake.

Yeah its gonna be pretty hard for me to kick the habit :wall:

I just did a slayer task while browsing the forums and still was clicking back every 30 sec or so. :wall:

Wow you cannot be serious, a 10 minute update counter, and you decide to stay and fight till the last second? Your either incredibly stupid or just plan [developmentally delayed].

Are you serious?

What would you do? Instantly log out when you see the timer? I always play till the last second when I see that timer,unless I'm at GWD or something.

I usually log out 1-2 minutes before it hits zero. :?

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Wow you cannot be serious, a 10 minute update counter, and you decide to stay and fight till the last second? Your either incredibly stupid or just plan [developmentally delayed].

Are you serious?

What would you do? Instantly log out when you see the timer? I always play till the last second when I see that timer,unless I'm at GWD or something.

I usually log out 1-2 minutes before it hits zero. :?

^^^ I log around 1 min before the update, go read it and then by the time im done reading, all the noobs have loaded it and i get a fast load :P

X_kaylin_X.png

Are you kidding? It's all about context. Just because they decided to give players a break with the censor, doesn't mean the "Offensive Language" rule has been dismissed. Use it in these sexual or offensive manners, and your begging for trouble.

That's what Rahila was saying.. he used it in the best context he could. He said the update was badass, aka, awesome. Read a post before you quote it and disagree..

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem..

I still haven't gotten used to leaving the Runescape browser alone for 5 minutes...

Well you better or else a random might catch you when your off guard,

Miss

tipitsignatureav7.jpg

Private Chat is allways ON, So please feel free to add me, I allways enjoy a good conversation and Im also a very good listener.

I still haven't gotten used to leaving the Runescape browser alone for 5 minutes...

Don't think anyone has to be honest. But getting to it, started fishing again:P I always got auto-logged when fishing before -.-

Finally, no more logging out because I forgot to press the arrow keys while making cbs.

Also, maybe I can get over that automatic thing and stop randomly pressing the arrow keys even when I'm not playing RS. Seriously, I sometimes even do it while playing text based games >.<

Hail to The Great Big Penguin in the sky. And Guthix, of course.

Harbringerjm.gif

Miss

Post makes no sense #-o

How not? She's saying, "Get used to it or a random will catch you off-guard," meaning you might die to the infamous evil chicen :lol:

I don't know, but I felt like the frequency of randoms got increased with this logout timer. I'm sure they haven't, but it was odd getting barraged with the Sandwich Lady, Drunken Dwarf, Niles, Giles, and Capt'n Hand all within an hour of playtime. O_o

hzvjpwS.gif

Post makes no sense #-o

How not? She's saying, "Get used to it or a random will catch you off-guard," meaning you might die to the infamous evil chicen

Actually it says "Get used to leaving RS alone for 5 mins or a random will catch you off guard"

Which is completely opposite of the truth

Post makes no sense #-o

How not? She's saying, "Get used to it or a random will catch you off-guard," meaning you might die to the infamous evil chicen

Actually it says "Get used to leaving RS alone for 5 mins or a random will catch you off guard"

Which is completely opposite of the truth

Yeah. Obviously she means more or less: Don't get too used to it. Cos randoms are still a threat.

Although most of these updates and fixes are long over due jagex really hasnt taken a year for mass improvements like this since rs2 came out i really cant complain. People whined about pking they got pvp worlds jagex is really taking the right steps so far and im sure player satisfaction is going well.

Make GE TELE F2P PLXXXXXXXX :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OTMSigXD.png

Think the extended timer is hinting that they'll *finally* get around to phasing out some of the randoms like they said?

They do seem to go hand in hand.. but they didn't mention phasing them out lately have they? Like when they announced all the planned updates.

I think that there were words that contained the word "[wagon]" that did not have anything to do with the word itself, such as the words "assassin" or "assonance" (don't know how someone on RuneScape would use that one though)