Logout Timer Increase 13-Jan-2009

Kenneh

With this update we officially launch the RuneScape Upgrade Year! Today, we are bringing you three changes to different parts of the game.

Firstly, the logout timer has been increased from ninety seconds to five minutes. This means that you will not be automatically logged out before this amount of time has passed particularly useful when you want to check the forums or the Game Guide while training combat or chopping down trees. The only exception to this is if you lose connection; if this happens, you will be automatically logged out after 30 seconds as usual (or after 60 seconds if you lose connection during combat). Make sure you stay on the watch for random events, and for other players who want to talk to you.

Secondly, we have had a look at the way the chat filter works. We have removed a number of words from the filter lists, which should make it easier for you to communicate in game. There is still a lot of work to be done, but rest assured that we will continue to work on this project over the course of the year. Please remember to be polite when communicating with other players: we are still on the look-out for people who dont play by the rules.

Thirdly, we have introduced an alternative location for the Varrock teleport for players who would prefer to land near the Grand Exchange. If you have completed all the easy tasks in the Varrock Achievement Diary, you will now have the option of teleporting to the south entrance of the Grand Exchange. All you have to do to change your teleport location is talk to Rat Burgiss (if youve completed the easy tasks), Reldo (if youve completed the medium tasks) or Vannaka (if youve completed the difficult tasks). This will also affect your teleport tablets, as well as the portals and scrying pools in your house. You can of course change your teleport location back to the original spot in the market square at any time.

We would like to thank everyone who posted their ideas for further upgrades on the forums. As we have said before, we have a lot of ideas, but don't assume that we already have YOUR idea on the to-do list. Make sure you post on the forums we have been reading eagerly what you have to say.

For a complete list of the various tweaks and fixes that have gone up, please read the Patch Notes in the Recent Updates forum.

Mod Fetzki

RuneScape Content Team Leader

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news...

You will now be able to get the phoenix eggling event after completing In Pyre Need even if you do not have the level 72 in Summoning required to tame the pet. If you do not meet the level requirement you will try to hatch the egg in the normal way, but will find yourself unable to and will take it away with you. Once you have achieved level 72 Summoning, you can hatch the egg and obtain the pet you 'choose' during the event.

A change has been made to allow dragon daggers, and their poisoned versions, to be converted to coins via CoinShare.

The Stealing Creation reward axes and pickaxes now have the correct wield requirements (40 instead of 41); they have also had their combat stats lowered slightly to bring them in line with other, similar items.

In response to recent player feedback, from our next game update we will be increasing the system update timer to ten minutes for most updates. Between ten and three minutes before the update process begins you will still be able to login, but when the update is less than three minutes away you will not be able to login until the update is complete.

The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you have any feedback about how this is presented, formatted, etc., please let us know so that we can improve this new feature.

Torch flames were appearing in the floor above in a few locations.

Fixed render issues with the Pendant of Armadyl and the Varrock achievement reward armour.

You will no longer have to fight more than one earth elemental at once.

The phoenix pouch gave the wrong experience when created because the charm required changed during development.

The magic secateurs can now be used in "In Pyre Need".

"In Pyre Need" chat clarified in a few places.

The fight in "In Pyre Need" has been fixed to cover some odd circumstances.

Several interfaces have been updated code-wise (theres little or no visual difference).

The giant hand from Balthazar Beauregards Big Top Bonanza has been adjusted to look better when wielded.

Several typos and grammatical errors have been fixed.

A table in Sophanem had the wrong examine.

A couple of animation bugs have been fixed in the "Surprise Exam!" random event.

Guthan's bodies have been graphically adjusted so all four metal studs on the chest should now show correctly.

Hooknose Jack has been in a fight with our graphics team and his nose was bent in the scuffle.

The lunar helm no longer causes odd stretching.

A few extra Stealing Creation quick chat phrases have been added.

The Stealing Creation platelegs reward has been lengthened by our craftsmen and now reach your feet.

Stealing Creation reward hammer now gives the correct experience for flatpacked furniture.

The Stealing Creation reward interface had the wrong number in a tool tip.

The Stealing Creation reward staff should no longer clip through your shoulder when running.

Stealing Creation items in the Fishing and Woodcutting skill guides are now correctly listed as members.

Penguin emotes are properly kept across sessions.

Amulet of fury now sits closer to your chest.

Villagers in Tai Bwo Wannai will now let you know what percentage of your favour remains after they pay you for helping out in the Tai Bwo Wannai Clean-up minigame.

The splash sound has been synchronised with a stepping stone Agility shortcut if you fail and fall into water.

The symbol on Father Lawrence's chest is no longer visible on his back in normal detail.

Part of a farmer's face was missing in low detail.

Dagonhai robes no longer clip through the Falador Achievement Diary shield.

A section of wall was missing in Seers Village.

Some black grass has been repainted green like normal grass should be!

The Shining music track had incorrect unlock information.

"Addy" items have been changed to "Adamant" to help you find them on the Grand Exchange.

The exclamation mark on the map in Temple Trekking/Burgh de Rott Ramble wasnt showing up all the time, but now should.

Duke Horacio will now only give you an air talisman during Rune Mysteries when you have inventory space.

The quest journal for Eadgar's Ruse now correctly crosses off the requirements if you meet them.

The quest journal for the Holy Grail will now inform you if you've killed the Black Knight Titan.

A specific ladder to a dungeon will no longer put you in some railings.

The final cutscene in As A First Resort has had its interface tweaked and now renders properly.

A cupboard was missing the back panel in the Exam Centre.

The code checks on the Oo'glog pools have been improved and optimised.

The ectoplasm-covered bed sheet has had its colour adjusted to be more in line with ectoplasm.

The ghostly Ahrim's robes have been corrected to match the non-ghostly version.

The weapons master found in the Shield of Arrav quest now fights as one should.

The message you get at Bounty Hunter when the crater is full has been updated.

A rug in the Burthorpe Games Room was a bit dusty on the edges and has been cleaned.

Quest journals have been adjusted so they open at the top if youve not started a quest and at the bottom (as usual) if youre on it.

Quite a bunch of updates, the varrock teleport sounds good to me, discuss.

Edit

I think you'll find that, Starred out messages are not reportable, but anything that is not starred out and can be deemed offensive is.

* Mod just muted someone for saying "suck my [wagon]" - That kinda confirms its reportable.

X_kaylin_X.png

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tidy little updates, I like 'em. I can now pick up mils of profit from the exchange 10 seconds faster :lol: Also gonna test the chat filter out later.

2376/2376 total achieved - May 2009

Retired Dec 2009

Thirdly, we have introduced an alternative location for the Varrock teleport for players who would prefer to land near the Grand Exchange. If you have completed all the easy tasks in the Varrock Achievement Diary, you will now have the option of teleporting to the south entrance of the Grand Exchange. All you have to do to change your teleport location is talk to Rat Burgiss (if youve completed the easy tasks), Reldo (if youve completed the medium tasks) or Vannaka (if youve completed the difficult tasks). This will also affect your teleport tablets, as well as the portals and scrying pools in your house. You can of course change your teleport location back to the original spot in the market square at any time.

THANK YOU JAGEX !!!!

chat142744sx.png

32078824.png

gomu_pistol.png

Jagex deserves some applause for this =D>

Hopefully we won't have people complaining about the updates, they all seem fine.

ezegyc.png

That's why you're on the TZDF blackdawn. Even your balls can tear zombies to shreds.

THANK YOU JAGEX !!!!

+over 9000

I wonder if this works in PvP... if so, AMEN!

ib7rVm.png

Thirdly, we have introduced an alternative location for the Varrock teleport for players who would prefer to land near the Grand Exchange. If you have completed all the easy tasks in the Varrock Achievement Diary, you will now have the option of teleporting to the south entrance of the Grand Exchange

****ing hell yes. That's the sole reason i go to varrock, just saved me a lil bit of time and a lil bit of run energy lol

lanthuscg3.png

Firstly, the logout timer has been increased from ninety seconds to five minutes.

90+fishing here I come \'

Also, they could have made the Varrock teleport f2p as well by making it unlock after Shield of Arrav or something. The other updates are great for f2p and p2p alike, though. I hope the censor update has made some Finnish words available again.

Rao.png

People are sooo excited about trying out the uncensored words... What can else can I say?

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

Ahhhhhh! I cannot sell/buy on Grand Exchange without being disconected! I reported it to Jagex.

Mate logged in and out like 20 times, hes at the GE rofl

People are sooo excited about trying out the uncensored words... What can else can I say?

[wagon] isnt blocked, atlast we can call people [wagon]'s.

X_kaylin_X.png

Only thing I can say:

ABOUT BLOODY TIME!

Current account: Dragonguy 87

Goals: Get members

Get all skills 40+

Hehe, this is like Jagex telling half of Runescape players that they're [developmentally delayed]. Sort of. That's how I interpreted it. :P

Runescape is why I support abortion.

I'm a bit worried about the unblocked words.

Sure you should be able to say duc and other random words which were blocked, but I'm guessing a lot of kids are going to use the newly unlocked words a lot. Well at least till the effect wears off.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]