Newly uncensored word list

sven_bohikus

This is technically a test of responsibility.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

Due to the incredible amount of posts we're getting about this issue, I felt it was necessary to post up a reminder about reporting for Rule 1 - Offensive Language.

We don't just look at what words are being said in a report, we look at the context and how they are used.

Somebody saying "Man, jad just kicked my [wagon]" is perfectly reasonable within the game.

Somebody saying "I'm going to up your [wagon]!" is absolutely NOT.

We aren't saying that players can now freely use these uncensored words in RuneScape however they like. What we are saying is that there is a way they can be used and that none of these words are offensive BY THEMSELVES.

What makes them offensive/inappropriate is the context.

May I also remind you that RuneScape is a PG-13 game and that all of these now uncensored words are found under the PG-13 classification.

Thank you.

Mod Mark H

Community Management.

5-16-850-58235600

Makes perfect sense. This goes along with my example.

Just make sure your mature when you use these words, and you'll be fine.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Somebody saying "I'm going to up your [wagon]!" is absolutely NOT.

Lol. That sounds like a sexual offense.

OT: I hope they don't listen to the people that say they should revert back to the old censorship. If you're 13, then you have more than likely heard worse things being said. Besides, the words themselves aren't bad, it's how the person uses them. Hopefully within the next couple days the hype will settle and people will go about normal scaping. If not, that pretty red button still works.

Kingxero.png

Somebody saying "Man, jad just kicked my [wagon]" is perfectly reasonable within the game.

Feels so wierd being treated as older then 10 by Jagex.

Pures with 1337 names still get treated 10 and under by Tip.It.

icon_wink.gif

Is anyone else a little disappointed in some of the words released? I know some we might 'need' but others seem to be used to be vulgar for the sake of being vulgar. Maybe it's just my church backround speaking. :o

Most of the uncensored words are fine, after all, this is a 13+ game. What bothers me is that uncensored words are reportable. Wannabe mods are having a field day with this, and their reports are successful :|

In my opinion, newly uncensored words should NOT be reportable, or take some of them off. World 2 Spam in the GE yesterday during the glitch was terrible.

Spam:"Reported!" Ratio was at least 1:2

Its not the words themselves that are offensive. Its the meaning they are being used that is offensive and reportable. Like if I said this without using curses:

[hide=May be offensive if you take it seriously.]You worthless peice of scum! You should crawl in a hole and kill yourself with your own hands because your life is a waste of space. Now get off my earth![/hide]

Really, I could say thats offensive, but doesn't use old starred out words. Also, I don't mean what I just said to anyone.

Snowball997.png

Ok... Im not that good. But I have an anchor!!!

Hahahah, I am lolling over what Mod Mark H said...

See, if Jagex weren't greedy and actually hired sufficient Customer Support, that WOULD be true. However, they use automated software to sift through the majority of abuse reports. And quite frankly, their software SUCKS at inferring the context of a message. Many, many times in the past I've seen people muted for saying things that were totally innocent when you read the context surrounding them.

So regardless of what MMH said, I highly suggest that people do not use these uncensored words in public. I do not trust Jagex when it comes to offenses, not one bit. A friend of mine (who happened to have played since RSC) was mistakenly banned for macroing TWICE. The second time, he called up Jagex HQ to complain and they more or less told him to shut up or they'd make his ban permanent. He quit the game after that incident. So I have good reason not to trust Jagex when it comes to my account.

td2sig.jpg

CNN is still censored #-o

Get your biased flag avatar off and I'll believe you a little more.

In what part of having the flag of the place to live is biased? and what am I being biased about exactly??

Non of my argument was biased at all, I do like America and plan to move there I've just resently come back from staying there with my best friend over xmas. All I did was correct people miss presumptions, & try to educate people in real history which seems to be poorly taught to the kids of America.

At the moment America may be the worlds super power, but because of what?

Who convinced the American government to start the CIA?

Who sends there troops to the UK to learn because we have the best trained army in the world? (Not to be confused with the best Equipped which is the US), In fact 12 members of my family are in America/ the Middle east right now training the US army and working and dying alongside US troops.. so yeah you think we hate Americans and America?

At the whim of a call from the US, we are there to back you as you did in WW2, Falklands War. name a war on foreign soil where the British have not backed the US.

The UK and US are and always will be close allies we get to much out of each other to not be, and to even think that the majority of the British don't like Americans is dumb because more then any other nation in the world we are the closest allies.

And almost all British people like Americans, I don't speak for the European nations because they hate the UK as much as they hate the US.. its envy is all they envy the alliance and the fact the UK & US are a world super power of the on our own.. how many wars have we been in together that Europe didn't want us to start? just remember the UK is a part of Europe and in the EU but when people say Europeans it don't count the UK, we are British and will never be Europeans.

And Yea CNN.. don't work still comes up as stars :)

Wtf why would plum and Mobile be offensive?

Mobile is just like phone - Jagex doesn't want to be held responsible when a parent starts complaining about their kid getting some weird guy's phone number off Runescape.

Not sure about plum.

However, they use automated software to sift through the majority of abuse reports.

The Jagex mods I have spoken to (including in real life) all say the same thing: they do NOT used automated software, but they DO make their decisions QUICKLY. According to them most decisions only take a couple of seconds. Feel free however to argue that there aren't enough CS to allow them to spend a sufficient time on each decision.

ren_tbv450.png

Mechscape World (the original MechScape fansite)

Few corrections:

School wasn't censored, but to school, my school and at school were.

Crack definitely wasn't censored, my friend used that as a replacement for crap.

Fairly sure orly wasn't censored?

Also, fu.

MR. OCTOPUS BEARD DISAGREES!

30259it.jpgNo, THAT's what she said.

Wanna know how to keep an idiot busy? Read below.

Wanna know how to keep an idiot busy? Read above.

[hide=OMG DRAGON KITESHIELD IN-GAME!!!!]rickrollad5.png

Never gonna give you up...[/hide]

I cant use a chair, evidence that Lucien's men are sitting on them.

[hide=]
Because British people have crumpets shoved up their arsses.

I Rofl'd at that.

But I don't see the point of unfiltering these words if you can just be reported for saying them.

Unless...

They want people to say them, be reported, and get banned to weed out players they deem unrefined and rude!

I lol'd irl at that also, must remember to mention that to my ex-girlfriend.

I actually thought of that, really a benefit of the uncensoring is the idiots who abuse the words are more likely to get caught, reported and muted. So really, this entire thing is win-win.

I report people who use em stupidly on site.

ex1.PNG

why_we_cant_have_nice_things.jpg

I hope Ill get mod eventually.... :pray:

[/hide]

OT: roflmbo! OMG cracking up over that cat!!! mUaa haa haahaa.

After reading some of this today, I logged in, tested some words. Still bummed I can't say poof. I'm not calling someone a poofter for crying out loud - let me say "Poof" I'm out of here or "I need to go the store and buy a new poof" *Rolls eyes*

Up at the monks there was lots of talk about monkey nuts, licking monkey nuts...lol apparently those kids didn't need the new uncensored words.

The thing is.. I only think that's an offensive term in British.. I only heard it as a derogatory term a couple months ago from someone.

And bloodargon.. I have to know: how many warnings have you had on these forums...?

You gotta remember there are lots of slang terms that may not be offensive in one place, but is to someone from another country.. like one year Roots sponsored a Canadian team in Australia, and we couldn't figure out why everyone was laughing.

My first ever guide - for advanced farmers (~50+)

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=549364

Now With Pictures!! - let me know what you think

There's a poem by William Carlos Williams titled "This is just to say" which is about how someone ate the plums from the icebox that someone else was saving for breakfast. The interpretation of this poem has been leaned towards sexual desire, so the plum's image is based on the poem.

Just a theory.

Feels so wierd being treated as older then 10 by Jagex.

Pures with 1337 names still get treated 10 and under by Tip.It.

icon_wink.gif

Do let me know when you find one then ;) .

Zerker_jane.png