The Inauguration of Barrack Obama: So Annoying

Harakiri

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

The American media is so annoying. Tomorrow, Barrack Obama will be sworn into office. O.K, thats all good, but the media blows this whole thing up.

Barrack Obama may be the first African American president, but the media treats him like a messiah.

Yesterday while flipping through channels on the tele, I find the shopping channel, where they are selling things putting Obama next to huge figures like George Washington, and Thomas Jefferson. He has not even entered office yet and we are already going to put him next to some of America's best presidents?

If John Mccain had won, he would not at all get as much media time as Obama. Yes he's a black man going into the presidency, but does he have to be everywhere?

"What are his daughters wearing to the address?" Who cares? This was one of the biggest headlines on the Today show.

"What will happen to his Black Berry?" Who cares?

Post your thoughts. I'm just annoyed by how overblown this is...everywhere I look, there he is...With as many problems as we got going on in the states, theres no way he's going to be able to solve much of anything in four years...

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's the first africian amercian president. During Black History Month. Trust me, to most people its a huge step for equal rights. Well, its alrerady equal rights, but still. Just over 100 years ago, there were slaves. Now this. Its a big deal to alot of people. (Though the media IS blowing it out of proportion). I don't know that much about this, though. It's just how I think others would see it.

Completely agree. My father looked at the news paper yesterday, and counted something like 11 of the 13 sections had Obama on the front page. It was rediculous. Yes, it's 'history', yes it's all 'great', but wow, is it annoying how they treat him.

He's the first africian amercian president. During Black History Month. Trust me, to most people its a huge step for equal rights.

You say that as though there's still segregation and lynchings going on.

EDIT: Black history month is February I believe.

:twss:

I'm English and I know that this is a very great moment for America as for being the first African American president is going to be a big thing and you're going to have to live with it even if you like it or not. This could change a lot in history.

BARACK OBAMA FTW! :thumbsup:

Completely agree. My father looked at the news paper yesterday, and counted something like 11 of the 13 sections had Obama on the front page. It was rediculous. Yes, it's 'history', yes it's all 'great', but wow, is it annoying how they treat him.

He's the first africian amercian president. During Black History Month. Trust me, to most people its a huge step for equal rights.

You say that as though there's still segregation and lynchings going on.

EDIT: Black history month is February I believe.

:twss:

edited

Didn't they spend like 150 million dollars on it?

I definitely do think they are turning this into too big of a deal. Yes it's great that we have our first black president, but people shouldn't be praising him when he hasn't done anything yet. If he does some great things, then sure, praise him all you want. But he hasn't even had a chance yet.

But I wouldn't go so far as to call the inauguration "so annoying." Having our first black president is definitely something that deserves publicity.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

He's the first africian amercian president. During Black History Month. Trust me, to most people its a huge step for equal rights. Well, its alrerady equal rights, but still. Just over 100 years ago, there were slaves. Now this. Its a big deal to alot of people. (Though the media IS blowing it out of proportion). I don't know that much about this, though. It's just how I think others would see it.

That's where I stand. Although, I have to say, if a woman won the election I don't think there would be nearly as much hype.

There is just no reason to get mad at something like this, and if anyone has that right, its Barack himself. He has to see his face in every single newspaper. Face it, this man is a legend. People have the right to be extatic, and i would encourage it.

Terra_Aer.png

47QV.gif UBbP.gif<--- click for teh free cookies! nom nom nom

We have to watch it at school.

You have to watch it?

Can anybody tell me if you had to watch George Bush get sworn in for the first time also, in school?

Anyways...

I really dislike the media in my country. They really didn't talk much about McCain, it was all about Obama... All the time. One crap channel even went as far as just mentioning McCain for like 10min during the entire air of the election night (Kanal banan 5).

Sure, as one who likes nature, it was good that he got elected. But the media coverage wasn't really fair.

And it will be interesting to see how he will tackle all the problems, both nation and world wise.

Eh, i'm actually looking forward to the elections in my country in 2010. I've made up my mind already.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Equal? Hardly. "Equal rights" are only defined by laws and morals.

You have to watch it?

Can anybody tell me if you had to watch George Bush get sworn in for the first time also, in school?

Anyways...

I really dislike the media in my country. They really didn't talk much about McCain, it was all about Obama... All the time. One crap channel even went as far as just mentioning McCain for like 10min during the entire air of the election night (Kanal banan 5).

Sure, as one who likes nature, it was good that he got elected. But the media coverage wasn't really fair.

And it will be interesting to see how he will tackle all the problems, both nation and world wise.

Eh, i'm actually looking forward to the elections in my country in 2010. I've made up my mind already.

Yeah it is blown up, and I know I never watched George Bush get sworn in 8, nor 4 years ago. I guess people are really hoping for a big change. Though I would take that as a bad thing.
hopesolopatriot.jpg

The American media is so annoying. Tomorrow, Barrack Obama will be sworn into office. O.K, thats all good, but the media blows this whole thing up.

Barrack Obama may be the first African American president, but the media treats him like a messiah.

Yesterday while flipping through channels on the tele, I find the shopping channel, where they are selling things putting Obama next to huge figures like George Washington, and Thomas Jefferson. He has not even entered office yet and we are already going to put him next to some of America's best presidents?

If John Mccain had won, he would not at all get as much media time as Obama. Yes he's a black man going into the presidency, but does he have to be everywhere?

"What are his daughters wearing to the address?" Who cares? This was one of the biggest headlines on the Today show.

"What will happen to his Black Berry?" Who cares?

Post your thoughts. I'm just annoyed by how overblown this is...everywhere I look, there he is...With as many problems as we got going on in the states, theres no way he's going to be able to solve much of anything in four years...

1. There's a difference between treating him as a messiah, and treating him as a marketing tool.

2. It's true that Mccain wouldn't have gotten as much attention, because an election of an old white guy isn't nearly as history-making.

Judging on the election results, it also seems that people simply wanted to see more news about Obama than McCain.

Fox News probably even aired more about Obama than McCain.

3. The 24/7 news channels will air dumb stuff occasionally because

- some people might be interested in it

- they need fresh stories, since they're on 24 hours/day

4. given that he's president and all, there's a good chance that he will actually be able to solve some of the problems that have arisen in the past 8 years (economy, poor international reputation, torture, war, infrastructure, education...)

160vy.png

Equal? Hardly. "Equal rights" are only defined by laws and morals.

I mean equal as in they're treated equally by law. I understand it is biased, and people have they're opinion. You cant change that.

He's our first black president...considering how much hate there is towards him based on his color still, it's a very big deal.

I'm glad I get out out my class and have a big enough break to watch him get sworn in.

If you hate it so much (the attention he is getting), go play a video game or something.

Edit: This happen before in 9/11, everyone was talking about it, and the media was just adding fuel to the fire. All you have to do is turn off the tv.

I wish Georgey had Beyonce sing at his inauguration. You know, I sure hope Obama's presidency doesn't turn out like a Good Morning America episode. I mean, that's exactly what the inauguration seems like to me.

...I wish that show was on before I left for school...

Whatever. I forgot it was tomorrow until I heard it on TV earlier. Cool. The first Hawaiian-American President.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

You have to watch it?

We did when I was younger, but now I'm in college, so professors don't waste time during class.

I couldn't agree more. Yep, Obama's very good news and all, he's gonna change things a lot, but no that much.

It's perverted, but deep down, I kinda want him to turn out to be a tyrant.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Well, I for one am celebrating that we have an intellectual in the white house. Finally someone that understands science, the history of the Middle East region, what a democracy really is, getting rid of torture....it's just like I woke up from a horrible 8 year long nightmare.

Why is it so annoying to you?