Quest 150

Le_Fay

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seriously wonder how they make the goblin series epic enough for 150. After all, all the other quests from the series were, to be frank, not anywhere near challenging or very rewarding.

From what I've seen, aside from the elven storyline, the Goblin series holds some interesting promise as to its storyline. Don't forget, Quest #100 was the precursor to Cook's Assistant, and the reward to that isn't worth discussing in this day and age...

You mean sequel to cooks assistant don't you.And i agree other than some metal gloves the reward from q#100 is nothing to talk about.

Just some metal gloves?

The reward from RFD is one of the best out there to this day. Barrows Gloves are the best gloves in the game by far.

Vector1.png

I seriously wonder how they make the goblin series epic enough for 150. After all, all the other quests from the series were, to be frank, not anywhere near challenging or very rewarding.

From what I've seen, aside from the elven storyline, the Goblin series holds some interesting promise as to its storyline. Don't forget, Quest #100 was the precursor to Cook's Assistant, and the reward to that isn't worth discussing in this day and age...

You mean sequel to cooks assistant don't you.And i agree other than some metal gloves the reward from q#100 is nothing to talk about.

Just some metal gloves?

The reward from RFD is one of the best out there to this day. Barrows Gloves are the best gloves in the game by far.

i guess people don't appreciate these things, since we have godswords and stuff like that now. before RFD, we wore cooking gauntlets.

fishing.gif

[hide=long string of quotes]

Just some metal gloves?

[/hide]

i guess people don't appreciate these things, since we have godswords and stuff like that now. before RFD, we wore cooking gauntlets.

I Guess you never bought cooking stuff from the chest since that was Recently NERFED and that was what i was referring to.Hence my comment about the "ONLY" useful part left being the metal gloves.

[hide=Stats/Goals And Drops]66evilone67.gif

66evilone67.png

66evilone67.png

66evilone67.png

3 - Black Mask

3 - Dragon Med Helm---1 - Dragon Boots---1 - Dragon Spear

5 - Granite Maul[/hide]

To blind to see whats right in front of you?

"What's in Raktuber this year? A white bird, as the etymology of ornithology goes. That's not where Bandos is, he's in a rage, old chum, old temple, old plots, old power. Old is as old does - I'm old, sometimes, so I should know, but I do not."

:arrow: FYI: Raktuber is about 50 days away from today? --> http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarticle.ws?article_id=452

Or precisely: Between the 109th day and the 146th day of the runescapian calender (which is just like the Earth calender, but only 10 months.

Tomorrow would be the 17th of March, or (31+28+17) = 76th day fo the year?

It's either not for a while, or i've just done some unnessecary maths -.-

:arrow: "Thats not where Bandos is"...? Haven't people been mentioning that Zanik isn't IN the box but like inbetween, sideways, upways, lengthways and all sorts of ways. That kind of fits.

:arrow: "old chum, old temple, old plots, old power."

- The Chum is quite possibly you as a player. Or H.A.M (whatever happened to them anyway?)

- Temple is the ancient goblin temple? Or GWD 'temple'

- The plot? Something old and destined? Zanik is the 'chosen commander' after all.

- Power? Closely linked to the above I presume, thats all Gods want these days....

:arrow: Penultimate Goblin quest (Land of the goblins) was released November 2007, so it was due.

:arrow: And i'd like to clarify, I always thought the 150th would be the Goblin one. ::'

2v8sgvs.png

Dang, I thought I had discovered something amazing when I just decided to check out what Jagex were writing on Twitter this evening. Then I go here, and of course someone posted it :x Oh well, looks pretty cool though. Might even buy the hoodie if its not sold out by next week.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

I have been waiting sooooo long for this.

I got kind of emotional when zanik dissapeared all those years ago.

Id say...

- Make a few Goblin Potions

- Buy a few Ancient Maces

- Get ready for some green action.

They might even update how the dorgeshuun goblins look. :shock:

I also really want that shirt. Its the first one they have released which I really liked.

Wish I knew how many were left. :?

As I love Goblins, all and any, this will probably bring me back for at least a month. But I'm worried that the rewards of such a quest won't be nearly as epic as RFD or Legends. Looking back on the quest arc, the most substantial reward I can think of is the train to Keldagrim, giving easy access to the Blast Furnace, the Fremminik Province, and that gold mine from Between a Rock and a Hard Place, and the Agility Course. Other than that, it's mostly been experience and novelty areas and items.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

[hide=CE Postbag Stuff]

"What's in Raktuber this year? A white bird, as the etymology of ornithology goes. That's not where Bandos is, he's in a rage, old chum, old temple, old plots, old power. Old is as old does - I'm old, sometimes, so I should know, but I do not."

:arrow: FYI: Raktuber is about 50 days away from today? --> http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarticle.ws?article_id=452

Or precisely: Between the 109th day and the 146th day of the runescapian calender (which is just like the Earth calender, but only 10 months.

:arrow: "Thats not where Bandos is"...? Haven't people been mentioning that Zanik isn't IN the box but like inbetween, sideways, upways, lengthways and all sorts of ways. That kind of fits.

- The Chum is quite possibly you as a player. Or H.A.M (whatever happened to them anyway?)

- The plot? Something old and destined? Zanik is the 'chosen commander' after all.

- Power? Closely linked to the above I presume, thats all Gods want these days....

:arrow: Penultimate Goblin quest (Land of the goblins) was released November 2007, so it was due.

:arrow: And i'd like to clarify, I always thought the 150th would be the Goblin one. ::'

[/hide]

I do agree with you, that when I read the post bag for the CE, this segment was thought to imply hints about the goblin quest, however someone was wrong, so we now know 1 of 2 things.

1) The postbag was originally meant to hint at the goblin quest occurring in Raktuber, however at the desire to have an "epic" quest for #150, Jagex bumped the date ahead, and thus the CE postbag is now incorrect.

OR

2) The Postbag was hinting at a totally different idea for a different quest, and the goblin storyline was just mistaken for it. Bandos could simply be a symbol of war, and goblins have no relation to the post bag's hints at all.

Either way, once the quest is released, I think we might get a few more hints on what the postbag is implying, if anything at all.

dawnsigblue-3.png

[hide=CE Postbag Stuff]

I do agree with you, that when I read the post bag for the CE, this segment was thought to imply hints about the goblin quest, however someone was wrong, so we now know 1 of 2 things.

1) The postbag was originally meant to hint at the goblin quest occurring in Raktuber, however at the desire to have an "epic" quest for #150, Jagex bumped the date ahead, and thus the CE postbag is now incorrect.

OR

2) The Postbag was hinting at a totally different idea for a different quest, and the goblin storyline was just mistaken for it. Bandos could simply be a symbol of war, and goblins have no relation to the post bag's hints at all.

Either way, once the quest is released, I think we might get a few more hints on what the postbag is implying, if anything at all.

[/hide]

The way I read the postbag was that in Raktuber there would be something with a white bird, possibly albatross (Pirate Quest Storyline), but that's NOT where Bandos is. So the way I saw it they never said the Bandos quest was in Raktuber but rather that's when it isn't. Also, unless they can the holiday event quests the Bandos quest can't come out in Raktuber as there would be the Easter quest and event very early in April, before Raktuber even rolls around.

My ideas about the postbag:

"That's not where Bandos is" could very well mean the Bandos quest is not in Raktuber. Which would put it for this month as it can't be later unless they stop the holiday quests.

The quest/update for Raktuber that was mentioned would be "A white bird, as the etymology of ornithology goes." which I believe is referring to an albatross, which just happens to be the name of Rabid Jack's ship. A sequel to Rocking Out (which makes it a Master level quest)? <3:

200000000.png

Holy balls, a runescape clothing item without the giant RUNESCAPE sign on the front? I'm so buying this.
I'm buing it because I could actually wear it to school with people not [bleep]ing knowing it's Runescape.

I have been waiting sooooo long for this.

I got kind of emotional when zanik dissapeared all those years ago.

Id say...

- Make a few Goblin Potions

- Buy a few Ancient Maces

- Get ready for some green action.

They might even update how the dorgeshuun goblins look. :shock:

I also really want that shirt. Its the first one they have released which I really liked.

Wish I knew how many were left. :?

They have (had) 1200 in stock, and honestly: how many people DO buy off the jagex store :lol: And i'll be honest here ( :oops: ), I actually got a tear in the eye when I saw Zanik get sucked into the Xbox (what I call the coffin that sucked Zanik up, looks like an Xbox, but not 360)

i bet 1m it wont be even 50% goblin storyline

this

To celebrate the end of the Goblin storyline and release of the 150th RuneScape quest, we're releasing a limited edition zip-hoodie. 1500 are available to pre-order now, with only 2000 to be made in total.

ok... how are you getting that 1m to my account?

11th to 99 Summoning

85th to 99 Runecrafting

soulattacker.png

Last quest of the Goblin Storyline, woot! Zanik and these quests were just far too corny for me.

Corny? Well, they are one of the most popular storylines.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg