Jagex does care!

halo475

Didn't you post this in the topic you made before? Why make a seperate topic about the same matter of discussion?

Regardless, happy to see you both unbanned.

No i havn't posted it their someone might of 7 or so pages in but how many people do you see reading all the pages in a long thread?

This is a different thread it discusses customer service, it just has penguins involved a little bit aswell.

Arzian.png

I'll bet you the "higher leveled" players got away with just a temporary ban though.

I don't get why people always assume that high levels get easier treatment. They pay the same as lower levels, and even less if they're lucky. Even that, its [bleep]ing $6 a month, I'm pretty sure Jagex would rather send the message that cheating isn't tolerated than have that low amount of money.

[hide=99s]47,297th to 99 Attack, 12/10/08
47,898th to 99 Hitpoints, 3/29/09
78,286th to 99 Strength, 4/5/09
36,125th to 99 Range, 6/7/09, 12:30 in the morning.
70,280th to 99 Defence, 4/16/10
67,781st to 99 Magic, 8/13/10
Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)
169,099th to 99 Cooking , 4/9/11
Idk what to 99 fm at some point
Idk what to 99 prayer on 1/28/2012

?? 99 thieving 12/30/2015

?? 99 herblore 1/2/2016, ?? 99 dungeoneering 9/5/2016[/hide]

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

Didn't you post this in the topic you made before? Why make a seperate topic about the same matter of discussion?

Regardless, happy to see you both unbanned.

No i havn't posted it their someone might of 7 or so pages in but how many people do you see reading all the pages in a long thread?

This is a different thread it discusses customer service, it just has penguins involved a little bit aswell.

Me and my sister are un-banned and a couple of friends. If you are truly innocent you will get un-banned sooner or later just be patient.

You posted about the same situation in two separate topics.

It has changed my mind about their customer service and i thought i would let you know because to me this was un-heard of.

Not really "unheard of" when they made an official statement saying that they would ban all those associated with the glitch manually, then sift through the banned accounts, looking for innocent players to unban them.

Most of the time if you didn't do anything wrong and you appeal, you'll get that offense removed. I did it, my friend recently did it for his Permanent Mute over some confusion when he said the word "Jew".

Sure, there are people who aren't always successful. But Jagex isn't this big, negligent parent (moderation/appeal) who beats their kids (members) like everyone makes them seem to be.

hzvjpwS.gif

well seeing as they dont loos anything but a bit of server space that is otherwise unused... it was completely reasonable to do this. as they are an game that is played on a java server it isn't as if the player is costing them anything so it doesn't hurt them

Y_Z.png

30 DAYS?!?!?!!! I expected maybe 1 or 2 days tops.

But being banned for 5 hours does NOT warrant a FREE 30 DAYS!!! I'm tempted to only partially abuse a bug next time one comes out so I will only get banned for a couple hours, but then I'll get a free 30 days.

Jagex got the wrap about not caring for customers mostly I believe foe the end half of 2005, 2006, and a good part of 2007. They made a few big blunders, some mistakes, and did very little to rectify their issues short of just correcting the mistake.

They never made any apologies or restitutions, and many time refused to even admit there was a problem, let alone they made a mistake.

Or when Andrew Gower threatened to sue Tip.It over the "Biased Banning Raises Brows" article back in 2006

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

But the biggest problem was they had *terrible* customer service to do anything. I think it was such a small part of their company for such a large thing that no one got any form of satisfying results.

Actually once upon a time (and i'm talking rs2) they had good customer service.

I remember getting stuck in one of the annoying random events and sending them a message asking them to tele me to lumbridge because I can't be bothered to do the random. They did :thumbsup: .

Zerker_jane.png

when will people realise that jagex does not care about them, jagex as a company wants to have satisfied customers, that has nothing with caring. i'm not saying that they're bad, because every other company functions that way.

jagex wanting = profit = satisfied customers that pay != caring

Palas1.png

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, Jagex does care, why else would they make F2P so epic even by itself, and they did help me recover a lost password in 1 hour. Very fast, considering they have to plough through like thousands a day or something due to the huge amounts of people playing RS. :thumbsup:

Yeah, Jagex does care, why else would they make F2P so epic even by itself, and they did help me recover a lost password in 1 hour. Very fast, considering they have to plough through like thousands a day or something due to the huge amounts of people playing RS. :thumbsup:

*stabs to death* dont [bleep]ing revive dead threads!!!!!!!!

Y_Z.png

Due to the penguin glitch innocent people were banned including me and my sister.

Now i have a recieved a message that apologizes and they have also granted me a free 30 days membership credit. This amazed me considering i was only banned for 5 or so hours but it proves jagex do care about their customers.

It has changed my mind about their customer service and i thought i would let you know because to me this was un-heard of.

Wow, very nice :thumbup:.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

*stabs to death* dont [bleep] revive dead threads!!!!!!!!

The thread isn't overly old and the post contributed to the topic, settle down :roll: If you don't like old threads being bumped, ever think of not posting on them to say you don't like it, which in effect, rebumps it...?

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

Unfortunately, the free membership seems to apply only to players who were falsely banned for abusing the penguin bug. I was falsely banned in October 2007 for "hacking" someone and the appeal was ultimately successful, but Jagex told me that only those involved in the penguin bug were reimbursed. I also lost my p-mod status, which Jagex has not given back to me.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)