Ever been muted for something so dumb...

Ra

After reading the recent news post about the future of runescape. I had hope. And now for the first time since I've started I've "been muted for 24 hours due to breaking a rule. To prevent future mutings please read the rules.."

*EDIT*

I apologize to EVERYONE for this misinformation, Which I've removed.. It's even worse still

I'm muted for Rule 6 - Account Sharing/Trading

I made a Joke in my clans chat, that "dont tell anyone my pass is scaperune" (its nothing even remotely close). plus my next statement one line later was HAHA. the context of the conversation had nothing even remotely close to account sharing or trading (was about racing to 99 farming, and I told someone they'd never catch up unless something happened to my char)

That goes to prove that they customer support are a bunch of train monkeys who just skim through things, cold iron fist first ask questions later.

What gets me is that if your in clan-chat thats your choice.. you shouldn't report your clanmates.. if YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT YOUR HEAR LEAVE!

But thats besides the point..

#1 I only even used that as an example because I was 99% sure that was a weak banned password

& at the time I didn't know, but

#2 you can't even say your password in game (turn off public chat and try it if you dont believe me, you get a neat little message)

And I got a 24 hour unappealable mute. And I was banned from the rs forums.. What a joke....

just another example off the top of my head,

My little brother got a 3 day mute last week and they wouldn't let him appeal it even though they had no evidence. It's just bad.

I'm pretty much over it now, but as a paying customer: what a bunch of Nazi's.. its only temporary so deal with it?

Never had a blackmark in my rs life and this is it..?

I really thought that my argument could have been the only thing to get me in trouble. as stated in my post before edit.

My first ever guide - for advanced farmers (~50+)

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=549364

Now With Pictures!! - let me know what you think

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You shouldn't respond to annoying people in the first place, they aren't worth the trouble. Calling people idiots can get you muted and I don't really see why a small temp mute is bad punishment.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Wait till you get in an argument with someone.. I never argue with anyone.. 99% of the time I just ignore them. he just got to me.. don't even lie and tell me thats never happened to you.

24 hour mute or not. its a blackmark by name name I don't deserve and its stupid..

Just a warning to all noobs out there. My public chat is now permanently off to further prevent this from happening

My first ever guide - for advanced farmers (~50+)

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=549364

Now With Pictures!! - let me know what you think

Yet it is ok for a trophy in a POH to call someone an idiot? What's next. Mutes and bans for saying you have a fat puss. Or telling someone else they have a fat puss. The way I see it, if a NPC or anything in the game can use a word, it should be acceptable for players to use it.

And I agree. It isn't worth arguing with an idiot in the first place. Just ignore them, leave or switch worlds.

in4F.gif

Ya I've heard that the appeal page doesn't load during sometimes which seems pretty stupid. It's only 24 hrs and it's just .1-.5 blackmarks you'll be fine.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

So.. you get muted.. and all of a sudden it's mass mutings? Sorry, but one person isn't a "mass". It could just have been an individual mistake. No need to bring in the CEO's words. I doubt he gave the order himself to mute you.

Calling someone an idiot is hardly a sign of maturity so being muted doesn't mean they are pandering to a younger crowd, it just means they have etiquette standards.

I have been playing this game since it was just about launched in runescape classic and I have never had a similar altercation, in fact my account remains entirely black mark free.

And as someone said, this is hardly a mass muting.

You should accept the responsibilities of your actions

Caldius.png

Never been muted, but with quick chat it cant be that bad :$. also i did just get my black marks down to 0 from 7.5 :D :D :thumbsup:

[bleep]ing quick chat is gay as hell, you have no idea how this much this [cabbage] truly sucks when your trying to play a game like great orb.

So.. you get muted.. and all of a sudden it's mass mutings? Sorry, but one person isn't a "mass". It could just have been an individual mistake. No need to bring in the CEO's words. I doubt he gave the order himself to mute you.

faces just got banged.

Never been muted, but with quick chat it cant be that bad :$. also i did just get my black marks down to 0 from 7.5 :D :D :thumbsup:

[bleep] quick chat is gay as hell, you have no idea how this much this [cabbage] truly sucks when your trying to play a game like great orb.

Wouldn't bother me. I hardly talk in RS anyway.Talk to mates on either TS or MSN. Who needs to be social? :thumbup:

X_kaylin_X.png

[bleep] quick chat is gay as hell, you have no idea how this much this [cabbage] truly sucks when your trying to play a game like great orb.

It's attitudes like that that get people muted :?

24 hour mute is a pretty easy punishment and not really a 'mass' muting =/

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

rather unfortunate if you ask me ive have many arguments with people who have no respect at all in game, i always reply with as harsh words i can use that dont get filtered simply because it helps get your frustration off your chest, its not easy to always ignore a complete muppet when your not in a great mood yourself.

Idealy putting someone on ignore does work wonders you cant get annoyed at something if you have not seen it but sometimes the initial spark of and argument is enough to force a reply, its very bad for yourself to keep your frustration inside and letting it out is good, Just be carefull how you do it.

I quite enjoy going to clan wars, castle wars with some heavy metal on with ags + barrages works wonders on that frustration.

Oh yet to get a black mark btw that was supposed to be the point i was getting at lol.

69er_is_best.png

GWD solo drops: Armadyl Hilt sold at 63.5m - (More to come hopefully)

See this is the kind of thing I find odd...one day I quot runescape (I came back of course), and I ran around swearing at people for two hours, argueing and pissing people off in general. I know - It was stupid. However, I never got muted. I never got banned, I never got warned, nothing. TBH I don't know how the system works but I've never been muted and I've said some pretty foul stuff to people. Somehow I doubt that calling somebody an idiot was the reason you were muted, considering they unblocked words like "[wagon]" and "suck." My guess would be either you did it right in front of a player mod, or it was a mistake.

v178InvestmentBlog.jpg

To be honest, most of the mutes I have been given have been for pretty innocent jokes at some point or another. While some would consider it a "fair" punishment, it does reflect an underlying attitude that the game does need to be 100% child friendly.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I feel your pain, all these other haters are morons.

Jagax can mute my stink nuggets.

I have private chat off because of their lamesauce mute hammer.

imo having to NOT interact with the people in game for fear of a mute is a fail for runescape.

They need adult servers where you can say anything.

Fools_Taco.png

My thoughts exactly.

imo having to NOT interact with the people in game for fear of a mute is a fail for runescape.

Can't imagine why you've been previously muted :roll:

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

The only thing I can think of is some little beggar STARTED an argument with me and I think the worst thing I called him was a jerk or idiot..

Well thar's yer problem, ma'am.

So where's the other muted people in this "mass muting" that you mentioned.

hzvjpwS.gif

It's attitudes like that that get people muted :?

24 hour mute is a pretty easy punishment and not really a 'mass' muting =/

i dont act like that in game honestly, i express my opinions how i really feel.

honestly, quick chat is just a sad substitute that needs alot of work.

i still think jagex' CS is lame:

Thank you for sending in your offence appeal - you obviously care about your account, and making sure that you read our rules can help to ensure that you can avoid this situation happening again.

At Jagex, we examine offences and offence appeals very carefully before we come to our final decision.

In this instance, we have found that you were responsible for this offence, and therefore the Black Marks you have gained will remain on your account.

We want you, and every other player, to be positively engaged in our community and the game - if you continue to break our rules, you may reach a point where you are limited to Quick Chat, or even excluded from the game on this account, or any other accounts you have.

What do you do now?

Go here to have a good read of the Rules of Conduct, there is also good advice on ensuring your account is kept secure in our Knowledge Base.

Have fun - enjoy the community and the game - and please don't spoil the experience of your fellow gamers.

Sincerely,

RuneScape/FunOrb Customer Support

this was my permanent ban..., read the underlined pieces and the bolded part: there wasnt even QC when i got banned, they changed their auto-message, this is really lame!

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

I don't know why you're advocating adult servers. Considering the maturity of your post, you're lucky Jagex doesn't have you on quick-chat only worlds, let alone being old enough to get on adult servers.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

the RSOF is probably a better forum for you where you can find more kids your age :lol:

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Just because they want to up the maturity of the game as a whole doesn't mean you can start insulting people, even if they did start it. Part of being mature is knowing when to just walk away, or use the ignore list.

That being said, my guess is that an overzealous player mod heard you or that the things you said are much worse than you are making them out to be.

At least it's only 24 hours.

Torlen.png