Ever been muted for something so dumb...

Ra

Never been muted, but with quick chat it cant be that bad :$. also i did just get my black marks down to 0 from 7.5 :D :D :thumbsup:

[bleep] quick chat is gay as hell, you have no idea how this much this [cabbage] truly sucks when your trying to play a game like great orb.

It's attitudes like that that get people muted :?

24 hour mute is a pretty easy punishment and not really a 'mass' muting =/

i dont act like that in game honestly, i express my opinions how i really feel.

honestly, quick chat is just a sad substitute that needs alot of work.

That is true I suppose =/ But I don't know how they could have quick chat without making it seem patronising =/

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GES6 on quick chat. Tells you what to do in that sort of situation. Same with GES7.

also its terribly ironic when you spam GES6 on quickchat, lol

But yeah really gotta be careful with what you're saying... but for saying idiot or jerk... I agree thats dumb. Well, jerk, maybe, depends on the context -- but we won't go there >.>.

And don't forget, offensive language is not the only thing you can get muted for.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

I understand if you get angry and so, but try to calm down and use your ignore list. The ignore list has helped me a lot when taking care of irritating people.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I don't know about getting muted for name calling but I can tell you that when conversations begin to include things of a sexual nature, that is where a line is crossed. You may be allowed to call people names but WHY do it? All it will do is cause trouble. If you want to be rude keep it to yourself... it is a simple concept to abide by. In this way you can rest assured you will never get into trouble and you will find that the game is improved for everyone.

In addition if someone calls you a name, ignore them. There is no need to feed the fire.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

read the new tip.it times...

And to the guy that said if an npc can use it players should be able to use it... This is definatly not the case.

Just cause an npc might say "you have a fat puss" at your overgrown cat, if you say it in a fight to someone who dosnt have an overgrown cat, thats saying something stupid, insulting and putting them in a bad position, there are many other examples too.

To the author:

Lets just hope you will get unmuted soon, something similar happened to me once... and a few weeks later i got an apology from jagex and my black mark was removed, just remember no-one is perfect and jagex can't be either

tipit_grid1.png

2,274th person to 99 mining

Never been muted, but with quick chat it cant be that bad :$. also i did just get my black marks down to 0 from 7.5 :D :D :thumbsup:

How do you get your blackmarks down?

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

I don't know about getting muted for name calling but I can tell you that when conversations begin to include things of a sexual nature, that is where a line is crossed. You may be allowed to call people names but WHY do it? All it will do is cause trouble. If you want to be rude keep it to yourself... it is a simple concept to abide by. In this way you can rest assured you will never get into trouble and you will find that the game is improved for everyone.

In addition if someone calls you a name, ignore them. There is no need to feed the fire.

I agree ^

Although i would like to put in my piece. Having played Runescape since...2002? maybe 03 I really dont remember, there is always that time where you just CANT hold back from saying something. By saying something i mean saying just telling someone they need to just let something be, or the occasional "ok bud thats a little over the line." There is obviously a line that doesnt need to be crossed, but the problem I see with jagex is that they feel that if you cross their line its over, no appeal, no if ands or buts. Yes, they have every right to believe and enforce this as it is THEIR game, but when they start losing players who have been playing since the days of classic because of this, they need to rethink their methods.

What is my point and why am i saying this? Because last year in June i was perm muted. Without warning. Without proof (literally, they just said i broke rule 1 and gave me 10 marks). I am now at 17.5 blackmarks. First 7.5 Ill admit i deserved. I made a macro way back in the day, it was a stupid thing to do. But do i really deserve to get a perm mute because THEY feel i crossed THEIR line once? I ended up quitting and joining WOW this last October, customer service is amazing. Kind of like jagex's used to be, you know, when you actually say Jagex Moderators in game, when you could actually send jagex a query? Jagex has fallen out of that, and i honestly dont think their note they posted on February 9th will change that.

So yes, Jagex does have a line and people who are muted deserve to be muted because they have (for the most part) legitimately crossed that line. BUT, as with any game, there will be the innocents who get banned with the guilty, and many of those people leave the game because of this.

1-800slayer.png

Retired after 2 accounts and 8 years of scapin...2 accounts over 2,000 total...may my life rest in peace

Brawl Code:5327-0581-3706

After reading the recent news post about the future of runescape. I had hope. And now for the first time since I've started I've "been muted for 24 hours due to breaking a rule. To prevent future mutings please read the rules.."

What the.. The only thing I can think of is some little beggar STARTED an argument with me and I think the worst thing I called him was a jerk or idiot.. And that gets me muted? I'm not the only person that this has happened to.. what a crock. Almost 8 years at this game and I get that.. ?

Anyways.. just trying to log onto my messages to find out if theres any proof or anything. but thats conveniently the one page that wont load on the website.. Man I'm getting sick of this game.. They better hope i never visit Britain...

Another thing that has cropped up in recent times, which we'd like to clear up once and for all, is the common belief that RuneScape is a game aimed at kids. This is absolutely not the case. We can see how this view has fostered, however, thanks to our over-zealous chat filter, Quick Chat worlds, dumbing down of certain bits of humour and storylines, as well as certain areas of the game like the Stronghold of Security, which do provide solid security advice but perhaps come across as a little condescending to the vast majority of our older players. I unreservedly apologise for this and to rectify this we have already removed a number of words from the chat filter and are currently working on reviewing and amending any content we feel is too kid-focused.

Can't call someone an idiot without getting muted.. good way to keep to your words..

"Gratz, you've earned a spot on my ignore list" is often enough to convey your displeasure and release your frustration. Whether you actually put him on the ignore list or just pretend not to hear him is up to you. You may even bait him into using profanities, at which point you can report him.

You can't see the evidence, you said? Why assume that that is what you were muted for then...

It's hardly a mass muting, it's just you, and you really haven't given enough concrete evidence to say whether you deserved it or not (Read: He cannot see the evidence page, can he know for sure?).

I had to edit my original post.. I got muted for joking that my password was scaperune in clan chat. Which, although I've never tryed it. I'm sure its one of they're weak banned passwords.

And I've had more then a few freinds tell me about temporary mutings

My first ever guide - for advanced farmers (~50+)

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=549364

Now With Pictures!! - let me know what you think

Another thing that has cropped up in recent times, which we'd like to clear up once and for all, is the common belief that RuneScape is a game aimed at kids. This is absolutely not the case. We can see how this view has fostered, however, thanks to our over-zealous chat filter, Quick Chat worlds, dumbing down of certain bits of humour and storylines, as well as certain areas of the game like the Stronghold of Security, which do provide solid security advice but perhaps come across as a little condescending to the vast majority of our older players. I unreservedly apologise for this and to rectify this we have already removed a number of words from the chat filter and are currently working on reviewing and amending any content we feel is too kid-focused.

Can't call someone an idiot without getting muted.. good way to keep to your words..

I'm sure the CEO isn't personally out there muting people ;) And if were going to adjust the guidelines for muting/banning at all (which they never said that they were), I'm sure it would take some time to figure that out. He did say that they "are currently working on reviewing and amending any content [they[ feel is too kid-focused." There's no reason for you to get upset because it hasn't happened over night.

And I do agree with what a few people said: that it's kind of silly to claim that there's a "mass muting" going on just because one or two people have been muted.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

not to be rude. But it was more of a turn of phrase then anything really..but If out of the 30 or 40 people I talk to at least 2 others have had this problem I can almost guarantee, alot more custmomers that have been muted for something dumb like this and just had to cope.

But just to make things clearer the I'll change the title..

And I've made jokes before - "my password is this..." The fact of the matter is - It wasn't even close.. I'm 99% sure scaperune is a weak, now banned password. And you can't even say your password in game anyways. (turn public chat off & try it.. you get a neat little message).

Anyways I'm pretty much over it now. but as a paying customer thats a Nazi attitude to have (its only 24 hours so deal with it...?)

My first ever guide - for advanced farmers (~50+)

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=549364

Now With Pictures!! - let me know what you think

Just cause an npc might say "you have a fat puss" at your overgrown cat, if you say it in a fight to someone who dosnt have an overgrown cat, thats saying something stupid, insulting and putting them in a bad position, there are many other examples too.

I have only ever said that when referring to an overgrown cat. Never been muted for it. But you always have people that look for things to report. I don't bother to get drawn into arguments anymore. It seems like to me, at least a while back there was a wave of people trying to entice other players into arguments just to report them. Seemed to be happening to me a lot. I did get muted once for telling a guy he had no nuts. Even though he more or less antagonized me and drew me in. I think him calling my Mother all kinds of [bleep]es was much worse. I said this before, seems like you can say pretty much what you want as long as it is not in English?

Now I get threatened by autoing reports because I don't talk much. To0 many haters. The general RS player base is the reason I don't talk much anymore. You either have to deal with it or decide if you really want to play. I remember a time when you could pretty much talk to people and play. I still enjoy playing but find not talking to the majority is the way to go. I talk to the occasional person when they act like they have good sense. I usually just ignore most though.

And yes. spammers should get muted. Most do care and ignore it. One spot that is real bad is f2p lobster fishing. Whenever I am f2p and go there to fish, I usually have 15 to 20 people on ignore within a few minutes. Sure ignoring is easy. Sure I do it. But to have to do it so often at times. And why do you have to be such a spammy little brat in the first place. Absolutely no point in that.

in4F.gif

Yes.

I was muted during an easter event that was bugged out. I told the annoyed crowd trying to complete the event, that there was something wrong with it and that they should try again later when it had been fixed. Apparently someone found this offensive and reported me. A month later, BAM!, muted for "encouraging others to break the rules". Tried to appeal and got an automatic response about one minute later, saying that they had evidence of my acts. I read this evidence and it was nothing more than a chat log of me trying to calm the angry mob. This by telling them to read the thread on RSOF about the bug. Funny isn't it...

Hopefully, these things wont happen in the future.

Luringrev.png

Jagex overmoderates so bad.

I got muted for spamming @@@@@@@ in the soul wars arena, as if anyone cared.

Troll gets muted, the system works.

People care. I mean, they're glad your immaturity inevitably got your proverbial [wagon] handed to you.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

it could have been a lot worse. About 4 or so years ago when I first started I was folling around with friends and did the "Jagex blocks your pass look *******!" thing, and got 10 blackmarks, a week-long mute, and was put on last chance.

It took me till last week of hard fighting on the sticky on RSOF to get my account cleared for something I had done whilst immature.

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png