The Contemporary Spellbook

sees_all1

Instead of Contemporary, Vogue and Modern, why not come up with names that suggest a more magical nature?

Conjuror

Sage

Archmage

Arcanist

Transcendant

All suggestions. Vogue reminds me too much of the magazine ::'

Teleport spell suggestions:

Keldagrim

(Ardounge) Outpost

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree this has come on leaps and bounds.

For the members telepot;

• Maybe in the middle bit of land on the Fremennik Isles as its a every annoying location to get to.

Sophanem, would be a great help with access to the pyramids.

One way wildy teleports to either the Mage Arena or Agility course.

Underground pass where you fight/destroy the iban doll.

O and add me to the supporter list I love the passion you have about this idea/concept/project.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

For the members telepot;

• Maybe in the middle bit of land on the Fremennik Isles as its a every annoying location to get to.

Awesome ideas in my opinion. More:

•  
    [*:27hk8975]Piscatoris - really annoying to access if you don't have Spirit Kyatts/Fairy Rings

[*:27hk8975]FOR F2P - Karamja teleport. Karamja is arguably one of the most annoying places to access for F2P. It would also help high-level fishers.

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

I never said i was ok with Heal Other. I just said that the fact of people doing it all the time does not justify this doing. So both should be removed.

And I did not say that it can only be used while mining rune. How did you get that assumption? While mining gold, I take at least an hour for a full inventory at Al kharid mine. I'm sure other kinds of mining like mithril to adamantite will not need you to be in the wildy.

The intent of that 30 minute delay is to stop people from using it to do, say rune running, or whatever there might be. It might take you an hour to mine a full load of gold, but I don't see that as a problem if you use apparate.

I don't think you understood what I meant. I meant rune mining and other kinds of mining and also some other skills will take a very long time at the resource gathering space/whatever. And also, I think flak blast is sort of overpowered. Maybe it should be nerfed to up to 6/7 spaces away?

I think the rewards are fine as they are, but there are some problems with the spells. Don't take my opinion as I do not support everything. I'm sort of a part supporter/whatever.

Maybe you should include a spell that binds for 20 seconds-entwine or whatever. Maybe it needs 88+ mage?

I don't think you understood what I meant. I meant rune mining and other kinds of mining and also some other skills will take a very long time at the resource gathering space/whatever.

If it takes 30 minutes to fill your inventory at a mining spot, then I don't see apparate/super apparate as a problem. Part of the difficulty in gathering materials may be getting to them, but if the activities themselves take a huge chunk of time, then this will only decrease the total time by a fraction (i.e. it takes 4 minutes to run into the wilderness, and 1 hour to fill up your inventory with rune rocks. Super Apparate wouldn't be a problem here, because you'd only decrease total time by 1/16).

The main reason for a 30 minute limit is for activities that do not take a long time, but the travel takes a long time. For instance, when training runecrafting, using a teleport from the altar to a bank and a tablet from the bank to the altar would decrease time spent by about 50%. This is a problem.

Or, doing a quest, where getting to places takes a bit of time. Or, boss hunting, where if you teleport out, you'll have one teleport back, but you'd better survive another 30 minutes.

And also, I think flak blast is sort of overpowered. Maybe it should be nerfed to up to 6/7 spaces away?

Flak Blast is a level 96 spell that requires at the very least 10 blood runes. The purpose of Flak Blast is to push everyone/thing away from you to give more time (stop pjers in their tracks). Flak Blast is the only pushing spell that deals damage to your opponent, and at that its a relatively small amount (up to 20 - so average at 10).

I think the rewards are fine as they are, but there are some problems with the spells. Don't take my opinion as I do not support everything. I'm sort of a part supporter/whatever.

Maybe you should include a spell that binds for 20 seconds-entwine or whatever. Maybe it needs 88+ mage?

Alright, I'll hold off adding you until you're either satisfied with everything, or ask to be added.

Bond holds multiple targets for 15 seconds - I think 20 seconds may be a bit high, with the different spells provided.

If you have any other concerns, please post.

-sees

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

lvl 63 - blaze runes: 10 fire...

this spell doesn't have a catalyst.. and you would be able to use a fire staff and thus is way overpowered.. it takes about 300-500k to get 99 fm with maple so thats 1.5m for a 99 in 3 days? the only thing that makes fm worthwhile is the time that you must put in it. if it also took like three other runes(i suggest cosmic) and then if it would work like a firemake-x with 3/4 of the normal exp it would better balanced.

also, the remore bless spell should be at least 70 prayer, seeing that is the requirment to bless graves. althought i would make it higher 75 or maybe 80

What if Blaze made a bonfire ... with 8 or 9 logs in your inventory? The fire it makes would last about 20% longer than other fires, the animation would take about 4 seconds, and the experience given would be # logs * 1/2 base experience.

Your firemaking level would have to be equal to the type of log you're using, and it would require 2 cosmic runes per cast.

•  
    [*:3214ubxt]Piscatoris - really annoying to access if you don't have Spirit Kyatts/Fairy Rings

[*:3214ubxt]FOR F2P - Karamja teleport. Karamja is arguably one of the most annoying places to access for F2P. It would also help high-level fishers.

I'll look into these - any suggestions on the levels, and runes?

♪♪ And I'm not done

I support. Looks like a nice spellbook. Dump Load has to be my favourite name. A Karamja teleport would be good, but would need a high level magic I think as otherwise lobsters would be far too easy to fish in F2P. Perhaps a law rune, earth rune, water rune and 3 airs?

•  
    [*:3m55edqk]Piscatoris - really annoying to access if you don't have Spirit Kyatts/Fairy Rings 1 law - 1 nature - 1 earth + 70 Magic (66 requirement for Swan Song, this shouldn't make the quest too easy)

[*:3m55edqk]FOR F2P - Karamja teleport. Karamja is arguably one of the most annoying places to access for F2P. It would also help high-level fishers. 2 law - 2 water - 2 earth + 85 Magic

I'll look into these - any suggestions on the levels, and runes?

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

I've just realised something people could use to skip parts of quests. In Mournings end's part 2 you have to get past the light doors. People could just use apparate/super apparate to get to the end bit in seconds. Or does it only work on baseground?

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

I guess it doesn't work in quest areas/other special places.

Entwining for 20 seconds isn't really long. What you can do then is run behind an obstacle, eat, maybe eat again, put on prayer/whatever miscellaneous stuff, blast-what-he's already next to you!

But really rune mining running to and fro from the bank takes about 10 mins or so and you can just apparate there in a few seconds.

I've just realised something people could use to skip parts of quests. In Mournings end's part 2 you have to get past the light doors. People could just use apparate/super apparate to get to the end bit in seconds. Or does it only work on baseground?

Just unlocked areas - so areas like that in quests would still be locked. You'd get a message saying your spell has failed.

♪♪ And I'm not done

For the teleports maybe add a twist to them (like the RfD apes atoll teleport).

Karajama - 2 laws and 2 pineapples (not sure if there F2P, if the not bananas).

Neitz - 2 laws and 2 yak hides/hair

Piscatoris - kebitt (sp?) tooth or bolt and a law.

Sophanem - 2 airs, 2 laws and a bucket of sand.

Underground Pass - Ibans staff (uses up on of the charges) and 2 laws.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

what if blaze made a bonfire ... with 8 or 9 logs in your inventory? The fire it makes would last about 20% longer than other fires, the animation would take about 4 seconds, and the experience given would be # logs * 1/2 base experience.

Your firemaking level would have to be equal to the type of log you're using, and it would require 2 cosmic runes per cast.

that is much better, except that burn times for logs are random, and higher logs don't burn any longer then lower versions

also, teleporting to sophanem should be very high lvl or it would make the sceptre useless, at least lvl 85 to cast. but i like the "item" teleports, however the items shouldn't be expensive or hard to get, so i suggest changing the kebbit bolt/teeth to maybe a grey chin? or maybe just some weeds (lots of grass in that area) and the iban staff(it only has so many charges and costs 200k to replace) to a piece of sulphur and let it teleport to just outside the well of voyage?

i would also like to suggest another attack spell as basicly this book has only 4. they're called "stream"(ea wind stream) these won't hit as high as the pulse spells but will fire in rapid succesion, making f2p (and maybe p2p) mage training against monsters instead of only pvp.

let them begin at lvl 76(82,86,92) these will look like 3 bolt like spells that you fire from one hand(the one without the staff) but with a slightly different colour scheme. costing a mind 3 chaos and 5 elemental per cast, hitting max 2(4,5,6) per "bolt" hit this may seem not much but it's in at the speed of a dagger spec and the next one will come rather fast after that as well, much like a shortbow on rapid.

Hope you like it :ohnoes:

rida81.png

Rida81.png

became quest point master on: 21 dec 2007 2:43 pm

i would also like to suggest another attack spell as basicly this book has only 4. they're called "stream"(ea wind stream) these won't hit as high as the pulse spells but will fire in rapid succesion, making f2p (and maybe p2p) mage training against monsters instead of only pvp.

let them begin at lvl 76(82,86,92) these will look like 3 bolt like spells that you fire from one hand(the one without the staff) but with a slightly different colour scheme. costing a mind 3 chaos and 5 elemental per cast, hitting max 2(4,5,6) per "bolt" hit this may seem not much but it's in at the speed of a dagger spec and the next one will come rather fast after that as well, much like a shortbow on rapid.

I like this idea. :o Maybe a bit higher max hits, though, to make it worth using. ::' Actually, the higher level spells are fine, the wind and water spells hit only 8 and 16 (respectively) though, so they could be revamped higher.

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

sorry I haven't been keeping up with the new ideas, I've been swamped at school :wall: :wall:

Anyhow, here's what I'm looking to do:

change Blaze to "Lights up to 9 logs on fire at once, gives 1/2 fire xp for all logs." Requires 2 cosmic, 10 fire

change Remote Bless to require 70 prayer

Add in these new teleports:

Piscatoris - level 70, 2 law, 1 monkfish,

Fremennik Isles - level 75, requires 1 law, yak hide, completion of "Fremennik Isles" quest

Underground pass - level 80, requires 2 law, 3 earth, 1 piece of sulfur

Karamja -level 85, requires 1 law, 1 banana, 1 jug of wine

Sophanem -level 90, requires 2 law, 4 air, 2 buckets of sand

Add in this new set of spells (I'm calling it "ripple", I think it fits better with pulse than stream does) All f2p -

Air Ripple - level 52, 2 chaos, 4 air - Hits up to 3, 3x the speed of a scimitar

Water Ripple - level 62, 2 chaos, 6 air, 6 water - Hits up to 4, 3x the speed of a scimitar

Earth Ripple - level 72, 2 chaos, 8 air, 10 earth - hits up to 5, 3x the speed of a scimitar

Fire Ripple - level 82, 2 chaos, 10 air, 14 fire - hits up to 6, 3x the speed of a scimitar

What I will do (or needs to get done)

-Change the names from Vogue to Sage, and from Mod to Arcanist.

-Design the robe sets, and staffs

-Give credit to everyone who's ideas I've just incorporated

Anything else I'm missing?

After I get all that done, and have about 30 supporters here, I think it'll be ready for RSOF (yikes!) - until then, no.

♪♪ And I'm not done

I have an addition to this suggestion, this suggestion will also make it easy to split the update between f2p and p2p. I've got the idea in my head but I'm basically thinking as I type so it might look like a mess at the end.

Make these a new 'branch' of magic, unlockable at maybe 50 magic with a quest. Maybe call it (somethingtodowithmagic) arts, focusing on the theme of the old style magic being based on using the raw power stored in runes. The new branch of magic will be a higher form of magic, more of an art rather than raw power.

Instead of using runes, it uses mana which is based off the player's magic level, and it does not give magic experience.

Each spell has a level, and a master. The spell at level 1 can be unlocked by doing a mini quest for the master. Progressing through the levels requires a certain amount of casts and magic levels. Say if spell x level 1 is casted y times and the player has level z magic, the player can talk to the master and be taught something new about the spell, making it more powerful.

For damage spells 50 is level 1, 62 is level 2, 77 is level 3, 92 is level 4 and 99 is level 5. f2p can only use level 1-3 or 4

I know jagex has a goal of level 99 unlocking something for every skill, so the skill doesn't "end" at lower levels.

Then you have things like teleporting and defensive spells which have different level requirements.

This way, f2p can be able to use up to a particular level, and p2p can get higher levels.

Mana regenerates slowly, or can be replenished by potions.

Perhaps fire spells do damage and reduce armor, wind spells do damage and reduce accuracy etc

Some/all spells need to be charged before they can be used which takes time and heavily reduces defense while charging. Spells may be charged in combat but it takes more time, and the player is vulnerable. Only a certain amount of spells can be charged at once, and this can be increased by a spell charge master.

I like the idea of a focus on protection spells. The user being able to instantly teleport a distance away, or knock back an opponent with a small amount of damage.

Magic users shouldn't have any real armor, but should be able to use magic to defend themselves.

What about a lower leveled spell that increases the "in combat" time to 30 seconds-lasts for maybe 5 minutes or so?This will prevent PJing, a major problem for mages. It should be quite low leveled because PJers are a problem to mages of all levels.

Another suggestion: Plague. A higher leveled spell that poisons an opponent, then it will spread to any enemies standing next to that opponent for 2+ seconds when he has the plague. Those opponents will also get the plague and spread it. The plague will last maybe 15-20 seconds on one person to prevent overpoweredness. Or else a friend could just plague you and you can run around poisoning people everywhere. It will hit 3-5 per (insert time). I'm not a member so I don't know how often poison hits.

Last but not least: Overwhelm. A very high leveled spell that will do damage based on (2 highest stats added up) level of the opponent. Max damage done is (2 highest stats added up) divided by 5. Minimum damage is (2 highest stats divided by 10) It will hit high regularly and rarely fails.

alright if you want I am able to post this in RSOF official forums of course giving you all the credit.

pm me if you are interested in this

34sny53.png

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Where is the incentive to get to 96 summoning when you can bank items with a level 55 magic level and bank 20 items at once at only 94 magic.?

All those spells seem to be very overpowered or are already covered by summoning familiars..

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Where is the incentive to get to 96 summoning when you can bank items with a level 55 magic level and bank 20 items at once at only 94 magic.?

All those spells seem to be very overpowered or are already covered by summoning familiars..

You can only bank set item with these spells making them worthless when compared to imps or yaks for expensive drops or when in a combat situation.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

lol at being able to bank items at level 55. to do that in hunter it takes what? 71 and it is only 2 items and it isn't stackable and you have to catch it :roll:

Remote Deposite . 55 ..... 1 L, 10 A ....... F . Deposit coins, bones, food or potions,

.......................................................Up to 5 slots, cannot use while under attack.

I like to use the roll smilie too. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

lol at being able to bank items at level 55. to do that in hunter it takes what? 71 and it is only 2 items and it isn't stackable and you have to catch it :roll:

Remote Deposite . 55 ..... 1 L, 10 A ....... F . Deposit coins, bones, food or potions,

.......................................................Up to 5 slots, cannot use while under attack.

I like to use the roll smilie too. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Yeah right. After cooking. After herbloring. After killing monsters when you already have enough prayer level.

:roll :roll :roll :roll :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: