PMods - Purpose or Status?

Guest jrhairychest

Or we could have you put your name in on that thread and see how you do as a mod? :D

You're right about the use becoming less and less. That's why it's changing, isn't it?

The one thing to consider about an update to stop this merchanting is, what will the cost be? Look at the grand exchange for example. It stopped scamming and made RWT difficult. It also led to this problem.

The PvP changes are the same. In replacing the wilderness with Bounty Hunter they allowed for RWT because you could still get the player's items. They then changed it to PvP worlds and that led to 26k'ing, which dropped the prices on a good number of upper tier items like a lead balloon because there was no risk yet a high reward. In replacing the drops they created inflation because once again, a loss of 26k potentially brought millions of coins into the game. The next change alienated a good amount of PKers because their (often expensive) items could not be protected, while just making the loss for 26king a tiny bit more.

You can't expect Jagex's merchanting clan fix to be perfect. Their updates have proven enough that they don't know about the gameplay, as you can see by the painfully low stock in shops now, which has made summoning nearly untrainable because the stock for shards is enough for just 3 mid level pouches.

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or we could have you put your name in on that thread and see how you do as a mod? :D

Irony..very good. Why would I want to? I'm happy and comfortable with myself. I don't need a crown. I'm also blunt and to the point which many people find difficult to handle. Evasive tactics won't work forever, so are you going to make a decision?

You're right about the use becoming less and less. That's why it's changing, isn't it?

One of many reasons as we have discussed a number of times. In the end I think pmods will become just game guides or event organisers. The wheels of motion seem to have already started on that.

The one thing to consider about an update to stop this merchanting is, what will the cost be? Look at the grand exchange for example. It stopped scamming and made RWT difficult. It also led to this problem.

The PvP changes are the same. In replacing the wilderness with Bounty Hunter they allowed for RWT because you could still get the player's items. They then changed it to PvP worlds and that led to 26k'ing, which dropped the prices on a good number of upper tier items like a lead balloon because there was no risk yet a high reward. In replacing the drops they created inflation because once again, a loss of 26k potentially brought millions of coins into the game. The next change alienated a good amount of PKers because their (often expensive) items could not be protected, while just making the loss for 26king a tiny bit more.

You will always get bi-products to solutions. There will always be loopholes that players will exploit. You won't have a perfect game but at least they are making the efforts to stop it. Personally I'd rather take price manipulation and 26k'ing over scamming and RWT any day. To me these are a lesser evil and at least Jagex are looking to do something about it.

You can't expect Jagex's merchanting clan fix to be perfect. Their updates have proven enough that they don't know about the gameplay, as you can see by the painfully low stock in shops now, which has made summoning nearly untrainable because the stock for shards is enough for just 3 mid level pouches.

No you can't but again at least they intend to do something instead of nothing. Maybe having infinite items in shops made some things just a little too easy so it might be an attempt at halting the power leveling of summoning and other skills that can be dependent on shop goods.

Irony..very good. Why would I want to? I'm happy and comfortable with myself. I don't need a crown. I'm also blunt and to the point which many people find difficult to handle. Evasive tactics won't work forever, so are you going to make a decision?

So it wasn't clear enough that my answer is no?

You really should try it though, crown or not there is a purpose to it, you'd see ;)

One of many reasons as we have discussed a number of times. In the end I think pmods will become just game guides or event organisers. The wheels of motion seem to have already started on that.

Really no problem with that. I always thought the crown meant "Look here, a knowledgeable/helpful player" anyway, so...

You will always get bi-products to solutions. There will always be loopholes that players will exploit. You won't have a perfect game but at least they are making the efforts to stop it. Personally I'd rather take price manipulation and 26k'ing over scamming and RWT any day. To me these are a lesser evil and at least Jagex are looking to do something about it.

It's a bit of a mixed bag if you just look at game effects. On one hand you had armies of bots choking your resources so you really couldn't train say, woodcutting well. On the current one you have to be careful every time you need something because you may be either unable to buy it or about to lose a lot of money on the crash.

No you can't but again at least they intend to do something instead of nothing. Maybe having infinite items in shops made some things just a little too easy so it might be an attempt at halting the power leveling of summoning and other skills that can be dependent on shop goods.

If that was the case they would have put an amount of stock that didn't downright cripple the skill. 500 is less than 5 pouches for me, and I'm a mid level summoner.

Though it is good that they do intend to do something. I only wish they left something more than "we're working on it"

I would advise Local not to bother debating.

You'll be cited as 'spamming' the moment you start making too much sense and demand evidence for dubious claims ;)

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

[99 Woodcutting] [99 Strength][99 Hitpoints]

30db3v5.jpg

"What will come, will come..

..We will have to face it when it does!"

Farming With Profit and VineSweeper Guide

A better method to slay Dagannoths!

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]

So it wasn't clear enough that my answer is no?

You really should try it though, crown or not there is a purpose to it, you'd see ;)

It is now. At least I offered you a choice. Seems like your status is more important to you after all. :^o .

I think I'll pass on trying for it thanks. I can be helpful etc. without a silver crown to my name. I dont need people to kiss my [wagon] and I dont need to feel superior. Ill stick to playing the game and leave that sort of thing to those who enjoy it.

Really no problem with that. I always thought the crown meant "Look here, a knowledgeable/helpful player" anyway, so...

It should apply to the new batch, so I'm very sure will fill this role nicely. I can't really agree with it in the old system as you've demonstrated you're not exactly Mr Patience yourself and wanting to hide away.

It's a bit of a mixed bag if you just look at game effects. On one hand you had armies of bots choking your resources so you really couldn't train say, woodcutting well. On the current one you have to be careful every time you need something because you may be either unable to buy it or about to lose a lot of money on the crash.

I think theyve done a pretty good job in combating certain things that were wrong with the game and all credit to them for that. Yesterday people were complaining about scammers, RWT and bots. Today its price manipulation and 26king. Tomorrow it will be something else to complain about.

If that was the case they would have put an amount of stock that didn't downright cripple the skill. 500 is less than 5 pouches for me, and I'm a mid level summoner.

Though it is good that they do intend to do something. I only wish they left something more than "we're working on it"

If you're unhappy with it, do something about it. Tell Jagex or start a forum thread on it. I like this approach of making things like that harder to level. Makes it more worthwhile when you do.

If they are working on it then thats what they are doing. What do you want them to say? Its finished but you can't see it yet? When its ready, its ready.

It is now. At least I offered you a choice. Seems like your status is more important to you after all. :^o .

I think I'll pass on trying for it thanks. I can be helpful etc. without a silver crown to my name. I dont need people to kiss my [wagon] and I dont need to feel superior. Ill stick to playing the game and leave that sort of thing to those who enjoy it.

Nah, I just don't think that's the right way to prove it. It just shows you only recognize the status and not the purpose

You can help without one, the crown draws people in to ask for help though.

It should apply to the new batch, so I'm very sure will fill this role nicely. I can't really agree with it in the old system as you've demonstrated you're not exactly Mr Patience yourself and wanting to hide away.

Patience is why I'm still here after 27 or so pages ;)

I still say the new system is just Jagex acknowledging what pmods had been doing for years. The Ad Busters and Comm Unity chats are a couple of years old, and are examples of it.

I think theyve done a pretty good job in combating certain things that were wrong with the game and all credit to them for that. Yesterday people were complaining about scammers, RWT and bots. Today its price manipulation and 26king. Tomorrow it will be something else to complain about.

Though until Jagex does make their solution it's the pmods that have to combat it. Harvester bot hunting, adbot hunting and regular RWT'er hunts were commonplace before Jagex's miraculous trade limit and RWT fixes. I personally try to warn people against joining merchant clans because Jagex has yet to issue their fix, and 26king has been barely touched by anything that hasn't hit PKers harder.

If you're unhappy with it, do something about it. Tell Jagex or start a forum thread on it. I like this approach of making things like that harder to level. Makes it more worthwhile when you do.

If they are working on it then thats what they are doing. What do you want them to say? Its finished but you can't see it yet? When its ready, its ready.

I did post against their merchant clan policy. It's on the sticky they made for it.

There isn't a reason to post against the shop changes, they're actually listening to players on it. There are still a few things missing but they fixed the shard problem today.

And I'm not sure how much summoning you've done, but 500 shards per day makes summoning nearly impossible. If my math isn't wrong 96-99 would have taken 34 years.

Nah, I just don't think that's the right way to prove it. It just shows you only recognize the status and not the purpose

You can help without one, the crown draws people in to ask for help though.

I can do what you do quite easily without a crown, but without the incessant reporting. Anyone without a crown can help players with purpose. I don't need reward for doing it. Just a simple 'ty' is fine.

There is a major difference between us. You feel you need to be recognised in some way in game whereas I don't. Your reluctance to drop your crown suggests that you need the recognition like some sort of reassurance. Its almost like a security blanket that you can't do without. Maybe you feel a nobody without this recognition and you feel you have to look for problems to feel needed.

If you really didn't feel you needed the status, you could have proved your point on principle.

Patience is why I'm still here after 27 or so pages ;)

I still say the new system is just Jagex acknowledging what pmods had been doing for years. The Ad Busters and Comm Unity chats are a couple of years old, and are examples of it.

I think its more to do with you trying to save face in the evidence of the organ grinder. If pmods were so successful in doing what they did then how come your role has now changed to glorified party organiser? In the end the issues were solved by updates, not pmods, so how can you say your programmes were successful? Preventative methods always beat the cure no matter how hard you try to justify yourself.

I think in the end instead of things being banned or reportable, Jagex are trying to move towards a game where the ability to commit any offence in the first place is difficult. After all they lose their own business by banning so its not exactly good acumen to bite the hand that feeds them.

Though until Jagex does make their solution it's the pmods that have to combat it. Harvester bot hunting, adbot hunting and regular RWT'er hunts were commonplace before Jagex's miraculous trade limit and RWT fixes. I personally try to warn people against joining merchant clans because Jagex has yet to issue their fix, and 26king has been barely touched by anything that hasn't hit PKers harder.

Right, so what exactly are you going to combat? You have no power against price manipulation so do you just stand there and tell people not to join? Considering you say most people hate pmods why would they be likely to listen to you? And what can you do about 26k'ing except post about it? Nothing. Trying to justfiy your existence by trying to combat things that aren't banned strikes me as someone who is trying to find a reason to justify their status.

I did post against their merchant clan policy. It's on the sticky they made for it.

There isn't a reason to post against the shop changes, they're actually listening to players on it. There are still a few things missing but they fixed the shard problem today.

And I'm not sure how much summoning you've done, but 500 shards per day makes summoning nearly impossible. If my math isn't wrong 96-99 would have taken 34 years.

Right, so they are doing something about merchant clans and they have done something about your shop prices for your shards. So much for Jagex not listening. Don't do much summoning (lowest skill) so I'll take your word for it on the maths.

I would advise Local not to bother debating.

You'll be cited as 'spamming' the moment you start making too much sense and demand evidence for dubious claims ;)

But you keep coming back lol.

I have not cited you as 'spamming' :-s To be honest I could say the same sentence directed at your posts. :wall:

a_local_guy......

I think Jrhairychest has made some very well thought out and intelligent points in his posts, backed by statements from Jagex and by other opinions and evidence, and he has been clear and concise, but responses have been vague, woolly, evasive and defensive.

I'm not going to quote loads of what you said, but I will summarise how it comes across.....

It appears that you feel the need to "help people", even though this is supposedly your leisure time and a game (a point that I have made on a number of occasions to you and others). However you are not prepared to just support other players as anyone can, you need to do this in an 'official' and 'recognised' capacity....Why??? Considering some of the incredibly negative things you have said about the way players respond to pmods, why do you choose to do this within a game? To what purpose?

I really feel that you have not answered this fundamental question, nor looked at yourself and your motives with any real insight, try doing that...honestly and openly. To me it seems obvious, the need to have a sense of an identified role, justifying a self important 'moral standing' in a virtual world is fulfilling some gap in your life (obviously I don't wish to delve into any personal matters). Now this may be important for you, if this helps you maintain some equilibrium then so be it, but please don't cover it up with lame justifications that have no meaning. :shame:

35cq0q9.png

Seems like I'm the last one defending it :lol:

I would give 'justifications' for it but you don't seem to accept the ones I've been giving, so short of making up something what am I supposed to say?

Recognition for a good deed is nice, even Jrhairychest admits that (Just a simple 'ty' is fine.), and if the crown is recognition for it then so be it. It comes with tools and information, which I would be a fool not to use. I've said before that I could care less about the status, it's been more an annoyance to me than a benefit. And yet it seems acceptable to give up both the status and tools in order to prove that I can do without the status when I'm arguing that the tools have a use.

I am doing what I can with what little I have in regards to merchant clans. Jagex may be working on something but there are people being affected by them today. And of course I'm trying to justify the status. That's what this debate is, unless things have changed while I was sleeping. You're asking me to justify it, why are you surprised that I;'m trying to?

In regards to summoning: You have proven that you are willing to make points based on things you do not know about. You refused my offer to give modship a shot, yet you are willing to make a judgment on the mods themselves. Isn't there a saying, "do not judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes"?

I would give 'justifications' for it but you don't seem to accept the ones I've been giving, so short of making up something what am I supposed to say?

Well thats part of a debate isn't it? lol. Your justifications or reasons do not make sense to me, I am trying to pin you down to something that does. I don't expect you to make something up, I do expect you to take the issues I raise seriously, even though they may cause some genuine self reflection.

Recognition for a good deed is nice, even Jrhairychest admits that (Just a simple 'ty' is fine.), and if the crown is recognition for it then so be it.

I actually thought we were getting here at this point. Then you moved on and started talking about the tools of a pmod being the reason, this meant that you had now not answered my question. :wall:

It comes with tools and information, which I would be a fool not to use. I've said before that I could care less about the status, it's been more an annoyance to me than a benefit. And yet it seems acceptable to give up both the status and tools in order to prove that I can do without the status when I'm arguing that the tools have a use.

But you still haven't answered....Why? Why do it? I said this.....

It appears that you feel the need to "help people", even though this is supposedly your leisure time and a game (a point that I have made on a number of occasions to you and others). However you are not prepared to just support other players as anyone can, you need to do this in an 'official' and 'recognised' capacity....Why??? Considering some of the incredibly negative things you have said about the way players respond to pmods, why do you choose to do this within a game? To what purpose?

And you still haven't answered that :shame:

35cq0q9.png

I'm not going to quote loads of what you said, but I will summarise how it comes across.....

Well I do because I can and I want to. The people who try to harass me, I take them with a pinch of salt (plus I actually find it to be fun when people do that). I help because I can and in some ways I think I owe something to Runescape (don't ask me why.)

But the way I see it is; It's like real life. People join the police to help people and catch the bad guys etc (on Runescape that's p-mods/f-mods). And the people who hate the cops for w/e reason do so and the police don't let them get in the way of doing there job (well I am assuming that).

But all in all I do enjoy being a p-mod (granted I haven't been as involved as much as I use to (and it's a pity really) but I do try still).

howlin1eeveesig.png

But the way I see it is; It's like real life. People join the police to help people and catch the bad guys etc (on Runescape that's p-mods/f-mods). And the people who hate the cops for w/e reason do so and the police don't let them get in the way of doing there job (well I am assuming that).

That's a pretty naive way to view why people join the police forces... Status and privileges are very dominant with this type of job.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

That's a pretty naive way to view why people join the police forces... Status and privileges are very dominant with this type of job.

Very true but they are added bonuses, not incentives to join.

Zerker_jane.png

Very true but they are added bonuses, not incentives to join.

Aren't bonuses the same as incentives? I mean having privileges and status if that's your goal is an incentive to join...

And I meant status as "public authority", not as ranks and hierarchy in the force. Privileges are kinda obvious, no speeding tickets especially in small towns.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

But this is the entire point I'm making....this isn't real life, it is a game people do for leisure, so why be a pmod? Joining the police force is a job. :wall:

I completely agree with langer :thumbsup:

I would say that for many people joining the police is very much about status and I have known and worked with a lot of police. I also would add that equating the 'police' with pmod status is treading on dangerous ground and smacks of players wanting to bumsnuggle up to Jagex in the misplaced belief it gives them some authority, 'plastic policemen' is the last thing needed on rs. :shame:

As has been stated on a number of occasions (and evidenced in one of Jrhairychests posts), it has been Jagex's programming that has dealt the biggest blow to the bots and RWT elements of rs, not the pmods.

35cq0q9.png

Seems like I'm the last one defending it :lol:

Because you don't really answer questions directly and your justifications have gaping holes in them. You also don't answer Erewhon2's posts when she asks you questions.

Recognition for a good deed is nice, even Jrhairychest admits that (Just a simple 'ty' is fine.), and if the crown is recognition for it then so be it.

A 'ty' and a crown are two different things. I get a 'ty' for help which is simple method of courtesy. You got this for your reporting quota. You were modded under the old system, remember? If you need a crown for recognition it shows you were after more than a simple thanks.

It comes with tools and information, which I would be a fool not to use. I've said before that I could care less about the status, it's been more an annoyance to me than a benefit. And yet it seems acceptable to give up both the status and tools in order to prove that I can do without the status when I'm arguing that the tools have a use.

If the tools you are referring to are a mute and a crown all I can ask is why? You really feel the need to mute players and go around using the crown as some sort of authority figure? You've said that most people hate mods so if this is the case you cannot argue that your crown is a respect thing. You state you hardly report so, if you're telling us honestly, you don't really need to mute players. So you don't really need these tools either.

If the status was such a burden to you, you would have jumped at the chance to get rid of it but you won't because you're scared of losing it. :shame:

I am doing what I can with what little I have in regards to merchant clans. Jagex may be working on something but there are people being affected by them today. And of course I'm trying to justify the status. That's what this debate is, unless things have changed while I was sleeping. You're asking me to justify it, why are you surprised that I;'m trying to?

But you're toothless. You cannot do anything about it so why are you trying to state that you are? Reason to justify your existence? I'm not at all suprised that you're trying to justify the status as I know you're afraid to lose it.

In regards to summoning: You have proven that you are willing to make points based on things you do not know about. You refused my offer to give modship a shot, yet you are willing to make a judgment on the mods themselves. Isn't there a saying, "do not judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes"?

:-s Didn't I say I couldn't comment on summoning? And in my view if it makes it harder then its better? If you read back it was because they dropped the number of shards for you to get, which you used as a justification Jagex don't listen to players. The very next day they change it. You've made a very cheap effort at points scoring here.

Great analogy. Shall I judge a murderer by killing someone? Shall I judge a thief by stealing? Shall I judge a bum who won't work for a living by giving up my job and living on benefits/welfare? Shall I judge a pmod by reporting others until I get a reward then become so two faced that I try to justify what I have done by saying I'm helpful. If your analogy is so true what gives you the right to judge anyone else?

I would say that for many people joining the police is very much about status and I have known and worked with a lot of police. I also would add that equating the 'police' with pmod status is treading on dangerous ground and smacks of players wanting to bumsnuggle up to Jagex in the misplaced belief it gives them some authority, 'plastic policemen' is the last thing needed on rs. :shame:

As has been stated on a number of occasions (and evidenced in one of Jrhairychests posts), it has been Jagex's programming that has dealt the biggest blow to the bots and RWT elements of rs, not the pmods.

Good points. I look at this as to why players 'need' the authority. If I'm being honest, I'd say if you really need authority in a game and a crown to be respected then its more to do with the type of person that you are and maybe your real life sucks that bad that you're not happy with yourself so the position of plastic authority makes you feel better and respected. If you're not respected without the crown, you're not respected with it. The character of a person lets players judge them, not some dumb crown that sits on your head like a plumcake. If they want real action then join the community police and become a real pretend plastic police officer.

Not sure about the bumsnuggling bit but as I'm from the UK it sounds nice :-w .

I completely agree with langer :thumbsup:

Langer is a guy I've seen on this post a number of times, often disagreeing and sometimes agreeing. Always justifies himself well and is extremely honest. I told him a while ago that if we have to have pmods he should be one of them. He very coyly declined and cited a number of reasons why he shouldn't. I say he should. His character (himself not his RS sprite) is exemplary and his reasons for justifying refusal actually pushed himself forward more. Having pmods with the attitude of this player would do the pmod cause no harm at all. Not that I want to pick out curtains together you understand. :thumbup:

Because you don't really answer questions directly and your justifications have gaping holes in them. You also don't answer Erewhon2's posts when she asks you questions.

Because every time I answer honestly, the result is the same. Regardless of my answer, it means that I am just in it for the status because nobody would want a crown for any other reason.

A 'ty' and a crown are two different things. I get a 'ty' for help which is simple method of courtesy. You got this for your reporting quota. You were modded under the old system, remember? If you need a crown for recognition it shows you were after more than a simple thanks.

Ah, I joined because I wanted recognition and because I hit a reporting quota. Answer me this, if there was a reporting quota, wouldn't there have been a lot more mods under the old system? There were enormous amounts of reports sent daily by people who did it simply so they could be modded, and yet they never were. There were mods like myself whose reports numbered in the single digits beforehand, if any. How did they get modded?

If the tools you are referring to are a mute and a crown all I can ask is why? You really feel the need to mute players and go around using the crown as some sort of authority figure? You've said that most people hate mods so if this is the case you cannot argue that your crown is a respect thing. You state you hardly report so, if you're telling us honestly, you don't really need to mute players. So you don't really need these tools either.

Tools such as information, a great community (which I have recently been getting reacquainted with) and the ability to stop rulebreaking? I count the crown as a tool too. Just yesterday I used it to stop a fight, and after saying I didn't report or mute anyone for it, got complemented by one of the people involved. That, is why I keep the thing.

If the status was such a burden to you, you would have jumped at the chance to get rid of it but you won't because you're scared of losing it. :shame:

The god far outweighs the bad.

But you're toothless. You cannot do anything about it so why are you trying to state that you are? Reason to justify your existence? I'm not at all suprised that you're trying to justify the status as I know you're afraid to lose it.

Did you miss the part about justifying it because the point of the debate is to? I'm arguing for purpose over status, it's a no-brainer that I'd be "justifying the status"

:-s Didn't I say I couldn't comment on summoning? And in my view if it makes it harder then its better? If you read back it was because they dropped the number of shards for you to get, which you used as a justification Jagex don't listen to players. The very next day they change it. You've made a very cheap effort at points scoring here.

Wrong. I used it to justify that they do not know their game as well as they should. And it took a week to fix it.

And you said that you'd take my word for it, not that you couldn't comment. Your comment was that making it harder makes it better, despite admitting that it's your lowest skill. And you even commented on it the sentence after you said you couldn't.

Taking 34 years to get 4 levels isn't challenge. It's unreasonable.

Great analogy. Shall I judge a murderer by killing someone? Shall I judge a thief by stealing? Shall I judge a bum who won't work for a living by giving up my job and living on benefits/welfare? Shall I judge a pmod by reporting others until I get a reward then become so two faced that I try to justify what I have done by saying I'm helpful. If your analogy is so true what gives you the right to judge anyone else?

So you haven't heard the saying... :)

I'm starting to feel a bit like a broken record.....I still do not understand why someone wants to be a pmod, when it is for a game, supposed leisure time. A fight can/could be stopped by anyone, I have seen instances where the appearance of a 'crown' in the bank has started the argument!

I couldn't resist pointing out this rather freudian slip either....lmao!

Says it all really =D>

35cq0q9.png

I'm starting to feel a bit like a broken record.....I still do not understand why someone wants to be a pmod, when it is for a game, supposed leisure time. A fight can/could be stopped by anyone, I have seen instances where the appearance of a 'crown' in the bank has started the argument!

Says it all really =D>

Whoops, a typo that a spellchecker can't catch :lol:

If you're reading too deeply into typoes though...

Says it all really =D>

Oh, for the love of Guthix. You're trying to debate something entirely different, it's getting lost in the flame war, and you don't seem able to make your point clear, huh? #-o

You're trying to argue against the Pmod system itself, not the individual mods who make it up--you don't see a need for the position to exist in the first place, and what you want to hear is justification for why mods are needed in the game. Am I right here? :ugeek:

Langer is a guy I've seen on this post a number of times, often disagreeing and sometimes agreeing. Always justifies himself well and is extremely honest. I told him a while ago that if we have to have pmods he should be one of them. He very coyly declined and cited a number of reasons why he shouldn't. I say he should. His character (himself not his RS sprite) is exemplary and his reasons for justifying refusal actually pushed himself forward more. Having pmods with the attitude of this player would do the pmod cause no harm at all. Not that I want to pick out curtains together you understand. :thumbup:

And quit with the triple posts already. :wall:

Here's a tip: scroll down below the "Post a reply" box to the "Topic review" box and click the "Quote" buttons to quote multiple posts.

You're trying to argue against the Pmod system itself, not the individual mods who make it up--you don't see a need for the position to exist in the first place, and what you want to hear is justification for why mods are needed in the game. Am I right here? :ugeek:

Yes you are mostly right, although it's not so much about why they are needed in the game, more about establishing the 'status' vs 'purpose' element, hence the broken record bit, and considering the debate I did think a_local_guy's typo was funny...and for the record I don't 'flame', I'm just trying to get someone to directly answer the question that I raised on page 22 of this debate....see below: :wall:

erewhon2: Lets see if we can narrow this down, some interesting posts and some strong feelings. As you will have gathered I strongly feel that being a pmod is about status, whether in the old 'reporting' system or the new 'role model' system.

So lets take out the 'reporting' bit and the new criteria, take out all the tantrums and tears.

I would still challenge you....why do you want to be a pmod? To help people? This is a game! Anyone can help others, its not like going to see a social worker and you need an appointment to see the specialist, and there are good fan sites including this one as well as an excellent manual on the RS site itself.

So I ask again.....why do you want to be a pmod? :shame:

Earning a pmod crown or even wanting to be a pmod is all about status. My one concession is that the new role will at least provide some service however unnecessary it may be.

Personally I thought it was clear, but I get references to tools, use of muting and helping people, all of which do not answer the question....why do it?

35cq0q9.png

Well, my answer was "to help people" but it seems that I can't choose that one. I'm not going to make up something because you aren't taking my answer.

People argue. People don't read the manual. People don't read the news. People fall for scams. Yes, it's a game, but people play it. I use all of those tools and such to help people. I have had people ask me if updates have come out because they do not read the fansites/manual. While it's easy to point them to it I'm not sure there are many players that would spend their game time reading the manual. And so they look to pmods who they think are knowledgeable about these things. And that probably fits perfectly into the Jagex article's future of pmods.

There's my answer. If that isn't good enough for you that's too bad, because it's the truth.