Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Hugger_88

The trailer was disappointing, but I think it does still leak a few of the storyline details, or at least what the tone of the game will (Hopefully for me) be, which is more covert and tactical gameplay.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The trailer was disappointing, but I think it does still leak a few of the storyline details, or at least what the tone of the game will (Hopefully for me) be, which is more covert and tactical gameplay.

Not really a trailer, but a teaser. Don't you guys think it's a little early for a real trailer? CoD WaW didn't get a trailer until like 3 months before it came out.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Not really a trailer, but a teaser. Don't you guys think it's a little early for a real trailer? CoD WaW didn't get a trailer until like 3 months before it came out.

Well it was a horrible teaser. A teaser should make whoever watches the thing want the game to be out within the next 5 seconds

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Well it was a horrible teaser. A teaser should make whoever watches the thing want the game to be out within the next 5 seconds

It did that for me :oops:

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other

Wii version is neither here nor there. If people want to play it on the wii, why not? It won't look as good but the game will still be there. I just hope the campaign for this is as good as the last (As in CoD4), and hopefully a bit longer :) Also, wasn't CoD was dropped from the title or something?

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Wii version is neither here nor there. If people want to play it on the wii, why not? It won't look as good but the game will still be there. I just hope the campaign for this is as good as the last (As in CoD4), and hopefully a bit longer :) Also, wasn't CoD was dropped from the title or something?

It didnt say Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 in the trailer, it just said Modern Warfare 2, but honestly I think they'll keep the CoD. If they dont they'll get complained at until they do. But CoD is a LEGEND when it comes to shooting games.

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

People expecting more, its 8+ months away, doubt we will see any in game stuff till mid summer.

And i reckon they are moving away from COD brand, no mention of COD on MW2 site and no mention of MW2 on main COD site.

keen.png

It didnt say Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 in the trailer, it just said Modern Warfare 2, but honestly I think they'll keep the CoD. If they dont they'll get complained at until they do. But CoD is a LEGEND when it comes to shooting games.

I never saw CoD as anything special until MW. WW2 is an overused genre as it is and the games just seem to 'mainstream'. Anyway, I did some more research and it is just "Modern Warfare 2". It's still part of the CoD series and is a sequel to CoD4 though.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

I never saw CoD as anything special until MW. WW2 is an overused genre as it is and the games just seem to 'mainstream'. Anyway, I did some more research and it is just "Modern Warfare 2". It's still part of the CoD series and is a sequel to CoD4 though.

Yet fighting in an unamed arabian country isn't?

Ugh, some people are so ignorant.

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

I was doing some research and I found out the same stuff. It will still be a part of the CoD family, just wont be carrying the name in the title.

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

http://www.bingegamer.net/2009/a-comprehensive-look-at-the-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2-teaser/

This is extremely interesting. Are we still dealing with Russians, or are they going to be other Eastern European terrorists? Are there new perks? What can we expect? I would LOVE a level in the snow. I'm going to be following this. This is great.

A snow ghillie type suit?

I'm in.

+Underwater combat possibility?

Definitely in.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

http://www.bingegamer.net/2009/a-comprehensive-look-at-the-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2-teaser/

This is extremely interesting. Are we still dealing with Russians, or are they going to be other Eastern European terrorists? Are there new perks? What can we expect? I would LOVE a level in the snow. I'm going to be following this. This is great.

I'm in.

Definitely in.

:o

=D>

=P~

I might buy a PS3 just for that. (B/c i dont want to pay microsoft for online).

You don't. Both Cod4 and Cod:WaW run on their own servers. Online and updates = 100% free.

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

I'm in.

Definitely in.

=D>

=P~

You don't. Both Cod4 and Cod:WaW run on their own servers. Online and updates = 100% free.

You still need to pay for Xbox Live.

I'm in.

Definitely in.

=D>

=P~

You still need to pay for Xbox Live.

Except Xbox is infinitely better. Better exclusives and stuff like that. Tbh there's like 4 MAYBE good games on PS3, and only one of them I'm sure is greatness, KH3.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

it is in the CoD series, the name just won't be in it because it makes it kind of long.

Wrong. They changed it, so now Treyarch can't steal the game engine and gameplay. With their own name, Treyarch would have to pay IW to use their engine. Great thinking on IW's part.

BTW: Does anybody else notice the perks, right when they leave the elevator? A website dedicated to finding stuff in the trailer found it. There are 5 perks, one of which is stopping power. Another looks like Hermes (The Greek God) shoes. (It's a shoe with a wing on it)

Also, here is a list my friend showed me. IW said not all of the list is true, as it was sent around in email chains and info was added on, however most of it is true.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/ar ... ?id=209704

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1

it is in the CoD series, the name just won't be in it because it makes it kind of long.

Wrong. They changed it, so now Treyarch can't steal the game engine and gameplay. With their own name, Treyarch would have to pay IW to use their engine. Great thinking on IW's part.

Thing is though I believe they're both controlled by Activision, and Activision want one "COD" a year, and know Treyarch dont have the skill or incilnation to do anything but copy IW.