What happened to the laughs?

Dizzle229

Links to profile pls? I wanna look through this guys post, see what makes him funny.

Found it: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=232272

You want an awesome, funny topic?

I'll give you an awesome, funny topic!

Watch this space...

Edit: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=785107

It's already locked.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Links to profile pls? I wanna look through this guys post, see what makes him funny.

Found it: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=232272

You want an awesome, funny topic?

I'll give you an awesome, funny topic!

Watch this space...

Edit: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=785107

It's already locked.

Damn.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

You're like the kid that goes "well this is awkward" ten seconds after everyone stops talking.

You know, the one nobody likes.

[bleep]!

Well, it's about time in the cycle for threads complaining about threads.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Oh for [bleep]s sake, Paperclips wasn't especially funny. The very fact that a lot of people here think of him as the highlight in the history of OT posters is something I can't quite wrap my head around. His posts got old really fast.

However, one thing I do think is funny is that these threads seem to be appear once a month or so, and the people who post in them always reminisce the good ole' days... 6 months ago. Here's a fascinating tidbit for you from someone who's been here for 7 years: OT hasn't changed in the slightest - the same kind of threads that were posted back then are posted now, and the same kind of posters still post; they've only been recycled. I'd say it's only gotten (microscopically) better, since some of the stupid crap that used to flood the forums no longer is allowed. Have a nice day!

2009rb9.jpg

Oh for [bleep] sake, Paperclips wasn't especially funny. The very fact that a lot of people here think of him as the highlight in the history of OT posters is something I can't quite wrap my head around. His posts got old really fast.

I think Bubsa was better than PCY.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

TIF doesn't go in cycles. That's merely an illusion formed by the presence of threads that are created from a thought triggered by another thread. That is, someone posts a funny thread, someone thinks of something else funny and posts it. Someone posts a book thread, and someone else posts a thread about newspapers. One person posts about spirituality and ghosts, and another makes a thread about Buddhism. The nature of the forum is thought triggering, not cyclical.

Dammit Reb, free meth lab! Meth lab!

Personally I thought this is why we had a Debates forum and an Off Topic forum. Most of the threads in here are, essentially, debates.

I would love to see a more lighter tone here. Alas! My friends have told me I'm as funny as a stick, although I insistently argue that the stick is quite good for a laugh.

hzvjpwS.gif

I don't know why, but it really annoys me when people say "why so serious?" The movie is old, the phrase is old, it's not cute anymore because everyone says it.

"Lulz" in OT is like that one guy at a party who is constantly telling bad jokes and does not know when to stop, while the majority of the people who post in those threads are the people with bad humor who keep on laughing.

I'm fine for something that's amusing, but fart jokes and describing your ejaculation are not really funny. Things like the "Funny Pictures Here" thread started off funny but the aforementioned "don't know when to stop" guys come in and ruin the thread.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Look if you want humour make a thread that we can all find humour in, there is no point in just complaining - be proactive

I don't know why, but it really annoys me when people say "why so serious?" The movie is old, the phrase is old, it's not cute anymore because everyone says it.

It wasn't even that funny in the film.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Personally I thought this is why we had a Debates forum and an Off Topic forum. Most of the threads in here are, essentially, debates.

I would love to see a more lighter tone here. Alas! My friends have told me I'm as funny as a stick, although I insistently argue that the stick is quite good for a laugh.

And exactly how many of the threads here are Runescape related? Debate Club forum is for Runescape related debates.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

What I'm talking about how 90% of threads on an INTERNET FORUM are serious.

Emphasis is for...?

I don't come here to laugh. Most of the 'funny' posts make me angry.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

We have a few good topics.

Zombie thread, anything that can't kill you and worst thing you were caught doing at school? Come on, thats gold.

I hope you're being sarcastic because you could not have brought up any worse threads than those three. Judging from the thread you just posted I doubt that's the case, however.

2009rb9.jpg

And exactly how many of the threads here are Runescape related? Debate Club forum is for Runescape related debates.

Ah. My mistake. ^^

As you can see, I'm not exactly familiar with the Off Topic boards. Pls dun stab me with your verbal pitchforks, I'm just learning :3

hzvjpwS.gif

Zombie thread, anything that can't kill you and worst thing you were caught doing at school? Come on, thats gold.

I hope you're being sarcastic because you could not have brought up any worse threads than those three. Judging from the thread you just posted I doubt that's the case, however.

Your right, lets take any fun out of tipit. The zombie thread, a bit silly, i know, but it's still fun to stop and think what would happen if zombies took over. Anything that can't kill you, its creativity. And worst thing you were caught doing at school, I don't think it's possible not to get a good chuckle out of that. The thread I posted, I really don't give a damn what you think about it. Hell, if someone wants to share something regardless of what it is, they should go ahead and share it. I'm tired of all these news threads, and the lack of creativity we have in this board.

You just need to learn how to use your

[yt]eW4tY8mQ_1o[/yt]

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

Is it a bad thing that I come here to learn? :(

Yes.

Ah, but you see in my case no one on an internet forum likes me. These are people I have not and will never meet in my life, people who don't give a flying [cabbage] about me and to whom I feel likewise.

For the first time in TIF history, I actually agree with you.

Well, for that and the fact that Adult Swim is getting worse.

At the same time, I'm disappointed. You just lost Quoi his meth lab.

One last thing. You said that there's a connection between all the threads that are created at a certain time, that they're inspired by one another. Seems I have to concede that point to you as well, as I posted this last night, and when I came on today I see that there are several new lighter topics.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Lately I've been noticing that OT has gotten increasingly boring. I used to spend hours browsing here, so what happened? Well, I think I know two reasons.

1. PaperclipsYaaar no longer posts.

2. Possibly as a result of 1, the topics here are way too serious.

We're currently flooded with news threads, though some of them are starting to die out. Most other threads are really serious. The Australian brush fires. Gun control. The drug war. Views on Islam.

When I joined back in 07' this thread was really fun to read. Now it's just like watching the news, or a political debate.

Some of the good ole' topics.

So my cat hung himself..... (this one was half awww, half hilarious)

The funny pictures threads (alright, these were taken down with good reason)

Coke Vs. Pepsi

Weirdest pranks

Childhood beliefs

Screamers

The list goes on.

I guess the only thing left to say is....

Why so serious?

You*re starting to piss me off with your attempts at youthful maturity. Go jump in a goddamned ball pit.

And hey, I learn things here, too, every now and again. Stuff about the election, worldly news (sometimes news posts aren*t all bad. At least, not when they*re about something genuinely newsworthy), etc.

Wait, I*m not done yet. Is seriousness necessarily a bad thing? I've noticed recently that very much of the interaction between friends at the teenage level is mostly jokes. I admit, I*m no exception, but there*s not a whole lot of serious talk that goes on. And any that does is quickly puncuated with "that*s what she said", or something like it. Maybe, just maybe, perhaps everything doesn*t have to be full of light hearted silliness and fun all the time. Perhaps, things should be serious sometimes. I know the other places I frequent never are. Ever.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Lately I've been noticing that OT has gotten increasingly boring. I used to spend hours browsing here, so what happened? Well, I think I know two reasons.

1. PaperclipsYaaar no longer posts.

2. Possibly as a result of 1, the topics here are way too serious.

We're currently flooded with news threads, though some of them are starting to die out. Most other threads are really serious. The Australian brush fires. Gun control. The drug war. Views on Islam.

When I joined back in 07' this thread was really fun to read. Now it's just like watching the news, or a political debate.

Some of the good ole' topics.

So my cat hung himself..... (this one was half awww, half hilarious)

The funny pictures threads (alright, these were taken down with good reason)

Coke Vs. Pepsi

Weirdest pranks

Childhood beliefs

Screamers

The list goes on.

I guess the only thing left to say is....

Why so serious?

You*re starting to piss me off with your attempts at youthful maturity. Go jump in a goddamned ball pit.

And hey, I learn things here, too, every now and again. Stuff about the election, worldly news (sometimes news posts aren*t all bad. At least, not when they*re about something genuinely newsworthy), etc.

Wait, I*m not done yet. Is seriousness necessarily a bad thing? I've noticed recently that very much of the interaction between friends at the teenage level is mostly jokes. I admit, I*m no exception, but there*s not a whole lot of serious talk that goes on. And any that does is quickly puncuated with "that*s what she said", or something like it. Maybe, just maybe, perhaps everything doesn*t have to be full of light hearted silliness and fun all the time. Perhaps, things should be serious sometimes. I know the other places I frequent never are. Ever.

You just described SGP.

And you know the "thats what she said" bull isn't what I'm looking for here, and it's definitely not the kind of jokes TIF uses (I hope it doesnt get that way).

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

That is what my last sentence was about. But the rest of it holds true for everywhere else; there is little serious discussion among at least my peers these days. And maybe that's what she said isn;t what you're looking for, but we still don't necessarily need to have funny topics "full of win" all the time.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Lenin, why are you using asterisks instead of apostrophes? Just wondering...

Attempts at humor almost always fail. Some people can pull it off, and they come around once in a while. Then they get banned.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.