Oh how I miss you BTS...

rhupajiva

no point in bts if they don't release the updates they planned :cry:

How often has this happened? (I can only think of Mobilizing Armies)

Anyone remember Wilderness Tag? ::'

Along with the Boar...

Summoning batch two... and the Evil Tree was delayed a week.

Damn, I didnt even realise they got rid of BTS (I just thought they had been slow this month #-o )

Well as long as the DD are regular enough It shouldn't matter to much, even if it was nice to see all the coming updates before they came out, helped me decide whether to keep P2P or not.

Exactly what I was going to say. Since I quit paying several months ago, I've been using the BTS to see whether I want to become a member again or not. With nothing catching my eye so far, well, I don't. But without anymore BTS I won't know if I want to until the day of a particularly good update.

And we have lost something with the BTS: accountability. Well, Jagex has. With no timetable, and without having to post regular Development Diaries, Jagex can postpone updates all they want. New players will not know the difference.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny.. A while ago (august BTS), they said they'd be bringing more detailed BTS articles, improving them with screenshots, etc.. Now they just do away with them completely.. -.-

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

Funny.. A while ago (august BTS), they said they'd be bringing more detailed BTS articles, improving them with screenshots, etc.. Now they just do away with them completely.. -.-

lol they tend to change their minds alot...

remember last march (?) when they had a "state of play" and said they'd have those things often? I don't beleive we've had one since.

Still i think its a good move not to have bts's

what is dds?

dds is the abbreviation for dragon dagger (s) or super poisoned. Hence the farming skill came out it has been relabeled dragon dagger (++) but many of the older players still refer to it as a dds.

I'm pretty sure he meant the dds that people were talking about in this thread Captainpoet. Ilovesilvia, it is short for Development Diaries.

Admiral_Caro.png

I've always liked the BTS, and I'll miss it, but I think this is a step in the right direction. The fact that I didn't even notice there wasn't a BTS today says something about how much I really miss it, I guess.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Jagex has commented about this on RSOF. Here's Jagex's reply:

Okay,

Replace can be taken two different ways.

I can see why people might think we *literally* meant replace every BTS with a DD at the start of each month.

But saying "Development Diaries will replace BTS" could also just mean in a more General sense. As sin, Development Diaries will give you glimpses of future content.

It's only the 3rd of March guys. Give it a chance. ;)

~ MMH ~

The message is on page two of topic 15-16-871-58475635.

i miss the behind the scenes a lot....

they have a huge impact on the game.

Not too long ago jagex anounced in their last BTS that some randoms( like steaming rocks) would be removed,

they also said clearly that no item would become discontinued.

Nevertheless the prices of brocken pickaxes skyrocketted.

It's more fun when you can see what a BTS does to the whole runescape community.

I always enjoyed guessing what the updates would be and when they would come out with my friends.

Well that's just another thing that's gone i guess...

RSN:neovenator

proud fire cape owner

proud fighter torso owner

BTS gave us something to look forward to. The order of how the future updates were listed in the BTS would usually mean you get X update on the first week, Y update the next and so on. But I guess this also puts a lot of pressure on Jagex to make sure that X update will be released on schedule even if it's not completely bug/glitch-free.

I'll miss BTS but I'll survive even without it.

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

Ah, I always loved the BTS every month. I used to guess when it would come out so I can see what's coming up.

One thing I'm asking is when are these development diaries replacing the BTS supposed to be released?

j0xPu5R.png

Not too long ago jagex anounced in their last BTS that some randoms( like steaming rocks) would be removed,

It's more fun when you can see what a BTS does to the whole runescape community.

I always enjoyed guessing what the updates would be and when they would come out with my friends.

I fail to see why people losing money over speculation is a good thing.

I played long before BTS and ever since they made it monthly, I've heavily disliked it. I love being surprised by any update and I don't want to know stuff before release.

2496 Completionist

I liked the BTS, but this is awesome.

It's brings a surprise to it, which is brilliant.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

I liked the BTS, but if it means better Quality Assurance then I'm willing to give it up. Frankly, the QA team has failed spectacularly on a lot of the updates this past year or so. Vinesweeper sucked and needed to be fixed. Stealing Creation sucked and needed to be fixed. Bounty Hunter sucked and needed to be fixed. Clan Wars sucked and needed to be fixed. The trade limit sucked and needed to be fixed. Summoning sucked and needed to be fixed. Duel Tournaments still suck and still need to be fixed.

If giving up Behind the Scenes means that these updates won't effectively still be in the beta testing stage at the time of release, then goodbye and good riddance.

I fail to see why people losing money over speculation is a good thing.

I played long before BTS and ever since they made it monthly, I've heavily disliked it. I love being surprised by any update and I don't want to know stuff before release.

I didn't say the people losing money was a good thing...

I was trying to prove my point that it had a huge impact in the game....

RSN:neovenator

proud fire cape owner

proud fighter torso owner

I miss the BTS a little too. They were always a good read and sure made you look forward a lot to the release of the new updates. But the DDs are good as well and the BTS had quite big negative things within too. I won't miss it too much, but a little.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I fail to see why people losing money over speculation is a good thing

It's certainly entertaining to see a bunch of kids who think they're clever, end up losing pretty much everything because of their own short sighted greed, then trying to put the blame on Jagex.

Exhibit 1: People buying up broken pickaxes thinking they would be discontinued

Exhibit 2: People buying up granite

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Yeah... :(

I miss the BTS. I woke up on Monday, immediately went to RuneScape.

WHAT?! NO BTS?! (I had forgotten they'd said no more BTS)

Sooo, next day, I woke up... WHAT?! NO BTS?! ... Hang on... POO I LIKED THOSE THINGS.

Wednesday it occured to me to check for a DD.

Nooope.

... And today it occurs to me to check again.

Nutin'. Foo. Well, wallpaper and yet more answers. Not much else.

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

I'm going to miss the BTS, but I think there is another reason Jagex got rid of them. DDs will make it more random when updates will come and sometimes can be considered an "update". Some players might lose track of the updates in the month. This can allow Jagex to release less in the month. They said this year they would be doing more upgrades to existing things then making new stuff. Also this gives them more time to work on other projects. Like something not Runescape related. Like another MMO. That I heard is suppose to come out in March or at least this Spring, Mechscape.

03warrior.png

I liked the BTS, but if it means better Quality Assurance then I'm willing to give it up. Frankly, the QA team has failed spectacularly on a lot of the updates this past year or so. Vinesweeper sucked and needed to be fixed. Stealing Creation sucked and needed to be fixed. Bounty Hunter sucked and needed to be fixed. Clan Wars sucked and needed to be fixed. The trade limit sucked and needed to be fixed. Summoning sucked and needed to be fixed. Duel Tournaments still suck and still need to be fixed.

If giving up Behind the Scenes means that these updates won't effectively still be in the beta testing stage at the time of release, then goodbye and good riddance.

I do believe that Jagex specifically stated the reason for the lack of BTS is to avoid them announcing an update and not having it ready. Primary example is Mobilizing Armies, but you came out with several other good ones.

Although, BH summoning and duel tournaments were all released around January last year (I THINK) because the credit card companies that were pissed at Jagex gave them a deadline to meet, so Jagex had to release the ge, get rid of free trade and the wilderness, whip up some replacements, and bring out summoning to try and stop from losing too many members within a VERY quick deadline.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

for me BTS was like a christmas day - full of anticipation for the coming month - however i was also relaxed to understand things happen to projects, expect the unexpected, and slippage is likely. i understand jagex's point of view but dont necessarily agree with it however ill reserve judgement until the next DD comes out and we see what it gives us

platinum1004.png

platinum1004.png

platinum1004.png

platinum1004.png

platinum1004.png

That is exactly how you can tell that the people that make these updates do not love the game as much as we do, This new head of jagex is a smooth talker but, he just seems like another screw up to me i havent been interested in one update this year.. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

BigBoy600.png "He that will cheat at play,will cheat you anyway

from RuneScape Q&A Further Answers(13-14-621-58483955)

Q)How often do you intend on releasing Development Diaries?

A) Mod Mark - Whenever the developers feel like they have something to say. Think of them like a blog youd post on a blog if you felt like you had something you wanted to share. DDs will be the same.

With this quote... we could be wandering around aimlessly like blind chickens waiting for any news

I sort of like the concept of surprise updates but still

I miss the bts :cry: :cry: