Oh how I miss you BTS...

rhupajiva

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea...we got a bunch before Summoning and HD...then nothing...

This doesn't bode well for upcoming DDs.

BTS was a constant.

I can see Jagex passing the buck on a lot of updates because now they can say "oh it needs a few more weeks of testing".

One of the great things about this game is that it is constantly updated. If we go weeks without anything, interest might wane and involvement (through theorizing, anticipating level requirements, etc) will grind to a halt.

rhupajiva.png

First people complained that the BTS was annoying, as there were no surprises, now they are complaining that there should be a BTS. :wall:

Of course, those people complaining are most likely not the same.

2j3qh46.jpg

But in all seriousness, I am for the BTS disappearance, since it means that we'll get a nice surprise for some updates that aren't given DDs.

But we are still going to be getting DDs! It just means we wont have a warning for the preview.

I'll miss the BTS', I really wouldnt mind them not delivering within the week barrier they set themselves, its just nice to know that something is approaching. What are the chances of a new skill coming out tommorow? (I may regret that) Id prefer a BTS which gave us 3 basic points without much detail, than being left in the dark, seeing the same update at the top of the list, day after day.

erjypx.jpg

Just kidding ladies, you know I love you =D

Guide to Making Money with NPC Trading

no point in bts if they don't release the updates they planned :cry:

How often has this happened? (I can only think of Mobilizing Armies)

Anyone remember Wilderness Tag? ::'

no point in bts if they don't release the updates they planned :cry:

How often has this happened? (I can only think of Mobilizing Armies)

Anyone remember Wilderness Tag? ::'

Along with the Boar...

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Whats the boar that they spoke about? There is a boar/pig type pet called a Broav. You need one to sniff out a secret base in the While Guthix Sleeps quest

Broav.gif

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Whats the boar that they spoke about? There is a bear type pet called a Broav. You need one to sniff out a secret base in the While Guthix Sleeps quest

Broav.gif

I know the broav, but in one of the Chaos Elemental's letters, with the anagrams for summoning monsters, there was:

Rob A.

That's obviously Boar. Which never came out

Also, the summoning development diary said that the second batch would contain 25 familiars. In the end, only 24 were released (Count em)

OH MY POOR BOARRRR

PS. Your post count is insane too

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

First people complained that the BTS was annoying, as there were no surprises, now they are complaining that there should be a BTS. :wall:

Of course, those people complaining are most likely not the same.

Mmmh I think when the Development diaries are out, everyone would be satisfied.

13Ra3.png

Veteran Cape Owner (10 year)

I'll miss BTS but hopefully we'll get some nice surprises. As long as jagex doesn't use their new freedom from players knowing what updates are coming to cut back to 1-2 updates a month.

And yeah, they'll need to step up their DD production as well.

Personally, I think they should do a BTS every quarter and maybe be a little more vague about it. A few details, what type of content it might be(quest, mini-game, skill, etc), and the name of it. Then they'd have a 3 month window to put it out there.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

I'll miss the BTS too. While I'm [still] not P2P, I always did enjoy reading them just for the sake of reading. It gives us a good luck of what's coming to the game this month. Maybe we're a bit spoiled and have learned too much of the things they have in store for us. Previously the game didn't have a BTS and people still whined about when things were coming. When BTS was in place, there was a huge roar for excitement, but extremely high expectations as well and more often than not we find that such updates ended up with glitches and constant system updates. :wall:

So maybe the lack of BTS is a good thing. It gives the Jagex team time to polish updates up so we have less of these problems and have a more enjoyable experience. Plus keep in mind they already did announce that the game this year will focus more on fixing things that were already there rather than leave them broken. :P

So maybe the lack of BTS is a good thing. It gives the Jagex team time to polish updates up so we have less of these problems and have a more enjoyable experience. Plus keep in mind they already did announce that the game this year will focus more on fixing things that were already there rather than leave them broken. :P

This is probably the most important reason why throwing out the BTS's is a good move, Jagex can be more flexible and instead of disappointing players by announcing that they're holding a big update back for another month, they won't announce it at all. I don't think we need another Great Orb Project.

However, Jagex must start churning out DD's, because speculation and the sheer comfort in knowing that something is creaking away in Jagex Towers is appreciated, and I really hate suspense if it's for too long.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

While the BTS were nice, DD's are going to be better in the long run. Sure we might have a few weeks now until the DD's get into full swing, but once they do we will be getting a preview not only of this month but several months in advance, which will be better.

Just have to be patient :D

dawnsigblue-3.png

Think in the positive way. Now most of the Mondays/Tuesdays will have you eagerly waiting for a surprising, new update. Thats 4-5 days in month as compared to one ;)

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

[99 Woodcutting] [99 Strength][99 Hitpoints]

30db3v5.jpg

"What will come, will come..

..We will have to face it when it does!"

Farming With Profit and VineSweeper Guide

A better method to slay Dagannoths!

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]

I also miss it. The thing i don't understand is why they didn't have a dd set up for today. Alot of people will be looking for the bts today and a good way for Jagex to show their direction and make people happy would of been to have one today.

swordwarior.png