What skin color do you think Jesus was?

saif

I just think of him as white because when the bible ladies used to come into our schools on Thursday way back at Primary school the cards they used to tell stories had everyone except black people white.

If that makes sence.

Yeah he was probaly middle eastern or whatever its called.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well tbh, I have seen this trend throughout most churches either black or white, technically speaking, have their own depictions of Jesus. White people in white churches believe Jesus was white black people believe he was black.

And how about my Chinese church? There's no way we depict him as some Asian dude who looks like Confucius. (That's how you spell it, for the record)

I think I read somewhere that the Romans actually did know something about China. Of course that doesn't mean Jesus was Chinese (not like you guys are serious), but it...could...be...possible?

They did... Rome sent multiple ambassadors to Chinese imperial courts, they actually had pretty good relations & Rome never even considered military hostility against the various dynasties governing those areas

They did... Rome sent multiple ambassadors to Chinese imperial courts, they actually had pretty good relations & Rome never even considered military hostility against the various dynasties governing those areas

I would have assumed that the Romans would have wondered what was even further east than their lands, and eventually found the Chinese.

Wikipedia has a decent article on it here. Anyway. Back on topic...

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

It's almost certain that Jesus did exist, putting the whole 'Son of God' stuff aside. I can't imagine any possibility where such a major and detailed historical text sprang from an imaginary character. There's a lot of stuff about this guy.

He would have had a deep tan, to the point of dark brown skin, as was typical of the local people at that time, but representations will obviously vary.

A good example I'd like to draw up here is that in Buddhism in various cultures, the Buddha is often depicted as having characteristics of the local people where the statue/image is made. So for example, in Western cultures, the Buddha often has a Caucasian face shape. In Asian cultures, it's often an Asian face shape, and so on. It's the same with Christianity and Jesus.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

You know what I often thought about Jesus? That he was fully white. I think it was from Primary School where they showed pictures of him with white (Caucasian) skin.

Now I'm older, I know better. I've got an idea of him being a tanned colour.

It's almost certain that Jesus did exist, putting the whole 'Son of God' stuff aside

Ah, you and me are on the same lines though I personally think Jesus is a manisfestation of people's good deeds.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Clear. He didn't exist.

Not as clear as you'd think.

2j0jjua.jpg

Well, there's a lot of historical proof backing up that he was a real person, but none backing up any of what the bible said he did.

he was asian.

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

Clear. He didn't exist.

Not as clear as you'd think.

2j0jjua.jpg

Google results for any given terms don't prove anything... IMO a very horrible basis to make assumptions on

nfsnbq.png

It's pretty much historical fact Jesus did exist (his divinity can be debated), I'm just saying appealing to the results of a search engine is a strawman argument. The above query gets more than ten times the results, and it's obviously not true. Search engines don't work like that.

Arab? Wasn't he Jewish?

Anyway, he would have probably looked like the typical middle eastern type. Slightly tanned skin.

somebody has no sense of direction :D

Back around 1AD most jews were located in Israel which is in the middle east where Arabs live.

Saifzman.png

saif, i'm an arab and i'm telling you jesus look like a light brown color, a little lighter than brown cardboard.

Account created on Weds, December 21st, 2005

99 cooking on December 12th, 2010. 99 Agility on September 30th, 2011. 99 Fletching on August 17th, 2012. 99 Prayer on March 22nd, 2016. 99 Farming on April 4th, 2016.

Arab? Wasn't he Jewish?

Anyway, he would have probably looked like the typical middle eastern type. Slightly tanned skin.

somebody has no sense of direction :D

Back around 1AD most jews were located in Israel which is in the middle east where Arabs live.

Well if you already knew that then why did you make the thread in the first place?

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Why do people believe Jesus didn't exist? He did exist and he was some sort of preacher who helped the poor. You may or may not believe he was the son of God, but to deny him being a human being at all is ridiculous.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Honestly, does it really matter?

For that matter, did Jesus every actually exsist? But if he did, I'd say the Arab one.

Plus, don't use Negro, it may be the scientific term, but its use through history caused it to get a reputation.

You're in the wrong thread.

I'd say middle eastern, of course. I mean, he would have looked like anyone else.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge