Homework

RayOxide

I do my homework in school which means it is technically classwork, yet I'm fully capable of retaining that information. I don't agree with homework at all, except for projects or reports. The tedious pointless exercises just waste my time. I can learn much easier on my own than by any teacher's method. Instead of doing a worksheet about psychology, I'd rather just look it up on the internet and do my own research. Not only that, but there is a lot of time wasted at school where the teacher doesn't have us do anything but sit there and stare at the wall - then gives us homework. Why couldn't it be classwork since we weren't doing anything anyways? I know that I still do it as "classwork" in my other classes but just the idea of it...

I'm really starting to think that my school is just run by [developmentally delayed] because all of your posts make your schools sound so much more organized than mine.

Basically... this.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to break the flow here.

I do believe in homework, just not so much of it. I'm not sure if people who say they had a 4+ hour homework bloc yesterday are extending the truth or not, but if it is true, that's too much work. If homework takes me more than an hour, I won't do it. I don't want to work on it for a few measly points. Heh, then again, the whole point-system should be removed.

Nah, it doesn't take more than an hour. Per class. So basically, if you get homework for 4 classes, you're looking at around 3-4 hours of homework.

2dvjurb.png

It's important just to secure whether or you learned anything in the actual lesson.

If on the other hand, you're that stupid kid who doesn't believe in school, In my opinion these guys should just [bleep] off and be turned into dog food. ::'

megakillersigbyhawkxsrh0.png

Quit Runescape 30th May 2006.

Thanks to Hawkxs for my signature :)

You may as well get used to it and get into the habits, because it's essential for higher education.

Yup. Chances are you won't understand the subject at hand the second the teacher shows you it, and you'll have to work it out by yourself at home because lectures only last so long. In higher education, however, homework is completely different in the sense that it's almost never obligatory. That's why highschool preps you to work independently, or else you'll be lost in college/uni.

hiccup.png

I do believe in homework, just not so much of it. I'm not sure if people who say they had a 4+ hour homework bloc yesterday are extending the truth or not, but if it is true, that's too much work. If homework takes me more than an hour, I won't do it. I don't want to work on it for a few measly points. Heh, then again, the whole point-system should be removed.

Nah, it doesn't take more than an hour. Per class. So basically, if you get homework for 4 classes, you're looking at around 3-4 hours of homework.

I'm saying an hour total.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I don't do it. I pay attention at school and study for tests, that's all I have to do to get good marks. Teachers who try to force me to do it really annoy me.

Same for me, although I don't really pay attention at school. I just study a bit for the tests and get good marks. And to think that I am doing the highest level of education available for me. Sorry for the bragging there.

2j3qh46.jpg

Homework? I HATE IT.

I'm in a very high level math class (Accelerated Algebra I - Algebra I in 1 year in the 8th grade) and honors classes for every other subject. I skate through social studies and the rest are a breeze. Why am I forced to do homework? I learn the material easily, I don't need to reinforce it outside of class! Last marking period - my grades. The only homework I did was for math.

Math - 96 (did homework)

S.S. - 93 (did no homework but got 100% on everything else)

French - 98 (102%, minus the homework I didn't do)

And a bunch of other decent grades. So my question is, why bother with that [cabbage] if you still get good enough grades and you've already proven that you are intelligent?

Because it isn't fair to the people that are idiots to take home homework every night while the rest of us just sit and relax.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

To give you guys an idea of how imperative homework is in my school, I'll calculate what my grade would be if I got 100% on all tests and quizzes but didn't do homework.

Algebra 2/Trig - 80%

AP European History - 52%

Spanish 3 - 48%

Pre-AP English 10 - 30%*

IT Graphic Design - This class is really only projects, and the only real homework we have is finishing up the projects at home since the deadlines she assigns are rather absurd. So I'm just going to skip this one.

Driver's Ed - 26%

Chemistry - 39%*

* - These teachers grade homework on correction, not completion.

I hate my school.

wl7w9j.png

So, this weekend, I had: about 15 math problems, each took upwards of 5-10 minutes. A worksheet (30 minutes or so) of spanish, and to study for a test. For science, I had a packet, and a write-up to do on the packet. it took 2 hours to finish For Language Arts, I have to study for a test, and read about 100 pages, and explain the meaning of the book. For social science I have a 7 page thesis paper (Was assigned a week ago, due this Wednesday). And that's just for this weekend.

Way too much homework. All in all, it ends up hitting 10 or so hours of homework. And that's with no breaks. So my weekend has sucked. And it's pretty much all like this. and homework is weighted heavily, so i fail if i don't do it, pretty much.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I don't do my homework. Simple.

I do my assignments, though, but that's far more important.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

I have a friend who doesn't do his homework. He's one of the smartest people I know and has a 2.0 GPA.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

I've grown up going to private middle schools and am currently going to a private high school. Thus, homework is around 20% of your grade. So, I do it. I don't see the point in doing it because most classes I understand the curriculum even without doing homework. I just can't bring myself to put it off and get bad grades.

naturenf7.jpg

|Signature by Jason321|

I believe in the idea of it, because it helps refresh your memory for the class ahead, which is why I do it the night before it's due, so I remember it in class. But in reality, I [bleep]ing hate it.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Oh, I see. Why try and help those who need it when we can force the medication on everyone?

Oh get off your high horse you little dweeb.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I do homework if the teachers strict about it or I think its worth doing.

I don't usually do the "do exercide 13b for homework" stuff. More like the assignmenty kinda things, I just did one now.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Of course, though not all my teachers set a great deal of homework. It's useful I find, keeps your mind fresh on what the subject is about so long as you aren't doing it the night before.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

I have no problem with the concept behind homework, but I think it's [cabbage] that it's worth so much, up to 30% or sometimes more of the total grade in some classes. :x

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I don't know how homework for America works, but here in England it's literally worth Jack.

You get your qualifications from exams, the only reasons for homework are:

1) Teacher is told by some higher up 'you need to set your class homework to meet such-and-such target'

2) Work in lesson doesn't get finished so you finish it at home (fair enough tbh, unless you have a teacher that chats on about nothing like my old Biology teacher did then blamed us for not getting the work finished >.<)

3) Teacher genuinely thinks you need to do extra practice

4) Teacher is an evil git

I used to get stupidly large amounts of homework from maths (Dunno how I got an A O_o) that I used to just copy off a friend. The best was when she set us full practice exams and then she'd read out the answers and let us mark them before giving them in XD Sufficed to say I filled it in during lesson :P

I've been putting off a load of English homework for approximately 2 hours now.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I believe homework is to make you help understand the subject. Tests are there to test if you understand the subject. If you manage to get a good mark on the test without doing your homework, what's wrong with that? I find grades that partially depend on how well you did your homework like some of you are mentioning completely ridiculous too. I mean, who cares if you do it, as long as you get it?

I guess it does get more important at college, but why make us waste time in high school 'so you get used to it for college'? If it's really neccesary, I bet we're all capable of doing homework. Only problem is if you know you have to do it to pass and still don't do it.

I'm saying an hour total.

I usually get between 30-60 minutes of homework per subject, so I basically have to skip some of it (or all of it) unless I want to fill my day with doing homework :|

2dvjurb.png

Sometimes homework is the only way to truly prove you can do the work, because a lot of the time in lessons everyone just copies off each other so it's very easy for people to just coast along doing no work of their own and end up failing the exams. In one of my classes where the teacher doesn't set homework, in the recent AS-level external exam 3 of the people who were predicted Bs/Cs because of classwork got 2 Us and an E because of not doing enough independently to properly understand the material. (The 3 people got mostly As/Bs at GCSE too - so although you may be able to get away with it at secondary school level, it doesn't work that way at A-level and beyond)