Jagex reaches out to Tip.It Discussion

das

This is excellent news. I really hope Jagex doesn't announce this on the main page. The last thing we need is RSOF noobs invading us, taking advantage of the special attention fansites are now getting, and/or come here thinking it will automatically make them p mods.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is long, long overdue but I am glad they are finally recognising their community outside their own forums.

I hope this just doesn't mean they make demands to dumb-down tip.it like their own forums are with the strict rules etc.

I think we have good enough rules really. I know Tip.it complies with in game rules and that although the forums are different. I don't think they would want to alienate fansites by forcing them to change rules. It is somethng I haven't considered though =/

I would love to see some of the contact discussions between jagex and the tipit admins to see how they proposed the contacts. Would be nice to see those jagex accounts on tipit used after like a 2 year hiatus too.

It would be pretty cool but I think they'd probably be kept private :(

Okay. Bed Rachael, bed.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I'm glad that Jagex is finally getting involved in fan sites. That's definitely a good move on their part. They've neglected them for far too long :P

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Wow, this is excellent!

Whoever wrote the message stated "Unique Content". I'm totally looking forward to that.

Wonder what will prevent other fansites from just copying the data in one way or another, though.

Does Tip.It have any policies on information theft?

If we did, all the other fansites would be out of business.
Can someone help me find the thread on Zybez?
First' date=' does anyone [i']want[/i] to help?

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

So, I've been wondering...

Jagex recently stated that we can discuss Mechscapeworld ingame.

There is currently a ban on naming RuneScape fansites, but it would be awesome if we were notified that we could mention Tip.It ingame.

If we did, all the other fansites would be out of business.

So much for exclusive info, then. Unless we instate some now. ;)

This is long, long overdue but I am glad they are finally recognising their community outside their own forums.

I hope this just doesn't mean they make demands to dumb-down tip.it like their own forums are with the strict rules etc.

While I cannot comment on content yet, They have said they will not ask us to change anything we currently do.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Heh, awesome. Maybe they'll listen to us and bring back the BTS. :(

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

There is currently a ban on naming RuneScape fansites, but it would be awesome if we were notified that we could mention Tip.It ingame.
I believe discussing content on major fansites is allowed. Directing to it is not.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

I may be mistaken, but I've always been under the impression that MENTIONING fan sites is permitted. You can say "Yeah I was reading Tip.it the other day and..." or "I use the Tip.it quest guides," etc. What you CAN'T do is parade around saying "GO TO TIP.IT FOR RUNESCAPE HELP!!!" That's advertising, and that's what Jagex doesn't want.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I may be mistaken, but I've always been under the impression that MENTIONING fan sites is permitted. You can say "Yeah I was reading Tip.it the other day and..." or "I use the Tip.it quest guides," etc. What you CAN'T do is parade around saying "GO TO TIP.IT FOR RUNESCAPE HELP!!!" That's advertising, and that's what Jagex doesn't want.

We hope to have that cleared up very soon! ;)

Although tripsis interprets the rules the same way I do currently.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

This sounds very promising.

Like super duper fantabulously promising.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

aha thats awesome. except.. does this mean that all the noobs on the rs forum will be coming over here? :wall:

the whole reason i came here is to find a forum that doesnt suck.. as long as that doesnt happen then its gonna b freaking amazing :D

l_f9faeb8497d4422f960573321c8fec9d.jpg

Darwin's Radio, stairway to stardom 2009

aha thats awesome. except.. does this mean that all the noobs on the rs forum will be coming over here? :wall:
Does your computer screen reflect your face that much?

Only joking.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg