Windows Internet Explorer 8

Jard_Y_Dooku

As of today, Thursday, March 19, 2009, Internet Explorer 8 has been released.

Internet_Explorer_7_Logo.png

Click to download

Whether or not you use Internet Explorer as your main browser, it is tied to the operating system and as such, I would encourage all users to upgrade as soon as possible as Internet Explorer 8 introduces a number of security and compatibility upgrades. You can download the new version of the browser from Microsoft's website by clicking the large IE icon above and clicking the orange button labeled "Download Now" on the left side of the screen.

This is not an advertisement as Tip.It staff have posted software updates from Microsoft on the forums numerous times before, and I would encourage a Tip.It moderator to turn this topic into a global sticky. Thanks.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

What about Tech & Computers? :?

Yeah. This isn't about Runescape. And use Firefox 3, young'uns.

Yep. Safest browser on the net.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

1- Not as many people will read it in tech and computers.. It actually is somewhat important.

2- He said it has important security updates, and as it's tied to the operating system (as he said again), it might be smart to get. Did you even read it all?

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

1- Not as many people will read it in tech and computers.. It actually is somewhat important.

2- He said it has important security updates, and as it's tied to the operating system (as he said again), it might be smart to get. Did you even read it all?

Yes I did. It is smart decision to get it, if you're going to use IE. But really, there are better browsers, and we're not in imminent danger using IE at the moment.

Good grief guys, he's trying to be helpful. :roll:

Also, how do you know the new ie hasn't surpassed firefox? Granted it probably hasn't, but you probably can't prove it. Your flippant attitude suggests you haven't even looked at it. 10 to 1 odds Microsoft looks at what its competitors do to find out what they can improve.

For those who use the official rs client off the main site, that is a extension of IE as I recall. While the majority of players use unofficial clients, there still are some (myself included) who use the official one.

I have win7 beta so I've had ie8 for awile and it's still not as good as firefox. (it's WTF slow)

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

Don't use Internet Explorer unless you want to make yourself an easier victim to hackers/viruses.

I hope they've realised how [cabbage] their old one was and actually improved it.

I sincerely doubt it'd be up to Firefox standards but I'm just one of many waiting to be proven wrong.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Also, how do you know the new ie hasn't surpassed firefox? Granted it probably hasn't, but you probably can't prove it. Your flippant attitude suggests you haven't even looked at it. 10 to 1 odds Microsoft looks at what its competitors do to find out what they can improve.

For those who use the official rs client off the main site, that is a extension of IE as I recall. While the majority of players use unofficial clients, there still are some (myself included) who use the official one.

They both have a long ways to go to surpass Opera. ;)

And yes, whether anyone likes it or not, Internet Explorer has the majority market share of all browsers right now, and as such this is fairly important to post in the most populated forum. However, I'd do the same for Firefox 4; maybe Opera 10.

I have win7 beta so I've had ie8 for awile and it's still not as good as firefox. (it's WTF slow)

:thumbup:

Just opened up IE8 first the first time in a while. Don't think I could ever go back...

Off-topic: As long as we're on the topic of browser speed, it's fun watching how fast Google Chrome loads =P

f203f1850c.png

And yes, whether anyone likes it or not, Internet Explorer has the majority market share of all browsers right now, and as such this is fairly important to post in the most populated forum. However, I'd do the same for Firefox 4; maybe Opera 10.

Yay opera!! I tried Opera 10 Alpha and got no problems (using atm) I'd like to see full release if it's good at alpha :D

OT: Interesting.... I'm install it to see if SK go any faster.

ib7rVm.png

Yay opera!! I tried Opera 10 Alpha and got no problems (using atm) I'd like to see full release if it's good at alpha :D

OT: Interesting.... I'm install it to see if SK go any faster.

Opera 10 is going to be the god of web browsers... passing the Acid3 test at 100% score. But let's try to keep this topic mostly to IE8, hm? ;)

So...Hard....To....Not....Talk...About....OPERA!!!

Anyway I downloaded beta 2 months ago for the lolz because it was out, I never use IE8. Guess people that use IE8 gonna be happy?

ib7rVm.png

i dont know much about web browsers, so is this the beta of ie8 or the actual version? and what is currently the fastest web browser?

Yes, IE8 was just RTM (Release to manufacturing), which means the final version. It's been out of beta for a while now.

i dont know much about web browsers, so is this the beta of ie8 or the actual version? and what is currently the fastest web browser?

from using ie, firefox, and chrome, id say that chrome is the fastest to load. However with some internet savvy i belive you can make firefox just as fast by tweaking the number of connections it allows per page.

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

George S. Patton

1242631666.png

Ehhh... I should say good things about IE8 since I have a friend

that works on the project at Microsoft...

But...

Frankly... IE has way too many problems for me to deal with.

I'm still going to be using Firefox. :\

Thanks for the info though, I'll inform my friends that use it though. :P