Some 'blogger' parent thinks RS makes kids fat

shivers21

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to current day. Parents that don't know very much about the game and only play a small portion and then try to post educated posts and fail. Did anyone else notice that dragon was listed as a mine-able metal? I gonna have to start looking for where you can mine dragon then, because I missed it.

F2P is full of people who are new to the game, and try to push the limits to what they can get away with online. So yes in f2p you will find examples of that. but a majority of the players don't have cybersex. As for health, well that's not the games fault, thats the child's fault. A child young enough to be persuaded by what they saw in a game shouldn't be playing it. Sure i'm not the ideal 6-pack guy, but I don't think eating a whole lot will make me live longer.

This is a joke. A merry jest. The writer is PRETENDING to be a PARENT. A technology fearing parent.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

This guy has few to none valid points, kinda on to something with the game being about levling and repetetivness.

if he knew the game he would know there is no Dragon.

Also kinda funny how he talks about Zezima and some other guys like he meet them and showed them "the light"

This owns her.

Eating a whole bag of swordfish is beyond human capability. You could not even eat one by yourself, most likely. This has no effect on kids whatsoever. I don't even know someone that could get Swordfish to eat. and the video that you said described how female players are treated? That is rs humor. that was all setup and everything....

If you don't even really play the game, then you have no right to accuse it of teaching children bad things.

I have played runescape for 4 years. Even though I am not a child, I have not seen a single suspicious character. Runescape takes many precautions to keep it's users safe, such as the ignore list. If a child is smart enough to play runescape, they know enough not to give their adress to a stranger. And the perverts are most likely children themselves!!!

0neJudgement.png

Goals:

94 magic

94 ranged

55 slayer

Addy gloves-done

Rofl in the comments:

jared said...

Hmm. Spending hours on a computer doesn't make you obiese. I suppose writing blogs doesn't do the same thing, you've just spend hours on a computer, how is it different?

The lack of exercise is what causes obiesity, not the game.

The article is another big fail..

This is a joke. A merry jest. The writer is PRETENDING to be a PARENT. A technology fearing parent.

QFT

I hate to say it, but y'alls replyin to a troll blog.

The_marauder.png

Playing since late '04. Yes, I DO screw around a lot.

Formerly The Maruder1 -- I finally got the name I've always wanted :)

Man, this made me laugh pretty hard quite a few times.

If a player is actually as addicted as this person assumes, then I would think skipping meals is a more likely possibility.

100523232837.png

Are you winning The Game?

I loved the Zezima chat I literally lol'd, but seriously. Moms like that make me want to punch them in the face. Why must people be like that its so freakin annoying I just can't stand it.

61,358th to 99 range on May 23rd, 2010.

100,927th to 99 def on February 13th, 2011.

pigeons.png

Relics.png

Silly woman got her priorities all wrong. If your child eats 28 sharks (Or anything for that matter that is immensely too big to stomach all at once.) I would fear their stomach exploding ever before I worried about obesity.

LOGIC FAIL!

(Not suggesting that because she a woman btw or because she is obviously not very computer savvy besides using facebook and making blogs.)

I agree that its obviously a troll. Probably a 15 year old guy.

[hide=Realivent]facepalm.png[/hide]

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

I find it hilarious that parents blame video games for everything they do wrong. Is my kid becoming obese? It must be RUNESCAPE'S fault, not my own for not watching what he buys more carefully!

If we're going to use the blogger's logic here:

The game has an agility skill where your character runs from one place to another, swinging on ropes, or balances on logs. This could teach our children about how exercise is important.

Minigames like castle wars teach teamwork.

I mean in all honesty I think that post must be a joke of some kind...

Winters Omen.png

5,693rd to 99 Slayer on 10/08/2009

I've been playing RuneScape for about 8 years. I'm underweight with a BMI of 17. Fat? Hardly!

And yes, I'm aware it's a joke.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Anything in excess is bad for you. If you find the right balance, you will be fine. I hate how they take the extreme players that talk to inanimate objects and actually believe in the RS religion (something I have never really liked) and act like we all think the same way.

On Friday nights, I am either hanging out with my girlfriend or playing Runescape. It's a hell of a lot better than what the other senior guys in high school are doing.

lalalasig2.png

Outrageous! Intolerable! Some crazy Sarah Palin wanna-be is blogging about how this game is bad! Did she even mention the alcohol? Didn't read all of it.... Stupid moms who blog twenty-four/seven place obesity on this good game, instead of on herself :shame: ! Blogging, Ha! Claps to you crazy lady for showing how overprotective mothers can be =D> round of applause from everyone!

Warning: There was extreme sarcasm in my writing above, if you haven't realized that, well.... are you the mom blogger :lol: ?

It's Easter Time!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!! Chocolate eggs and ... wait? Bunnys? Nooooooo!!!!!! Why couldn't they take the rabbits?!? Why??????????

Bunnys186.png

:lol: <- My reaction to this thread. Thank God I didn't read it all the way during a lecture, that could've gotten some bad looks from the professor...

You only need to read up to the line containing "Encyclopedia Dramatica" to get an overview of the entire post, then you can skim through the actual justification of why RS makes kids fat, if you're up for a good laugh. The whole post is nothing more than a joke; don't reply to it seriously. Please.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.