Some 'blogger' parent thinks RS makes kids fat

shivers21

And notice how it says "may or may not" that means you have to distinguish the sattire. Although somethings may be satirized others may not.

And there is reason to think that someone out there honestly believes this [cabbage]? I don't see where the hell someone sees the author taking herself seriously in all this mess.

Give me some proof that the author actually believes this. I want to see it. There's no reason to take this article seriously that I can see.

Or the blogger is a total [developmentally delayed] person, disprove that ;)

on-topic: of course I don't believe it's true, but you can't say for sure it isn't.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And notice how it says "may or may not" that means you have to distinguish the sattire. Although somethings may be satirized others may not.

And there is reason to think that someone out there honestly believes this [cabbage]? I don't see where the hell someone sees the author taking herself seriously in all this mess.

Give me some proof that the author actually believes this. I want to see it. There's no reason to take this article seriously that I can see.

Or the blogger is a total [developmentally delayed] person, disprove that ;)

on-topic: of course I don't believe it's true, but you can't say for sure it isn't.

You know, I just clicked the site and now I feel like a douche :( That's definitely satire.

wl7w9j.png

Someone click on the [bleep] link. Please. That is all I ask of you. Right above this article, you will see this (emphasis mine):

DISCLAIMER: The content posted in this articles may or may not represent my actual beliefs, some articles may simply be made for satirical purposes or be based on actual facts. If you find any of my posts offensive, immediately send it to your friends and enemies to read, and tell them to do the same.

It might not be good satire, but that's what it is. That's why context is important. WHY IS THAT NOT IN THE FIRST POST?

I see one other person noticed that in seven pages. Why did no one else in seven pages think to even click the link?

You're treating bad satire like someone's actual opinion. We've given this piece far more attention than it deserves.

You have to admit, it's made quite a discussion though. ;)

Someone click on the [bleep] link. Please. That is all I ask of you. Right above this article, you will see this (emphasis mine):

DISCLAIMER: The content posted in this articles may or may not represent my actual beliefs, some articles may simply be made for satirical purposes or be based on actual facts. If you find any of my posts offensive, immediately send it to your friends and enemies to read, and tell them to do the same.

It might not be good satire, but that's what it is. That's why context is important. WHY IS THAT NOT IN THE FIRST POST?

I see one other person noticed that in seven pages. Why did no one else in seven pages think to even click the link?

You're treating bad satire like someone's actual opinion. We've given this piece far more attention than it deserves.

You have to admit, it's made quite a discussion though. ;)

I read the link as well, I just decided to take out my rage of people ignorant to the effects of videogames and MMO's in particular on this post :twss:

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Let's seeee...

I'm out of shape. BEEN out of shape for longer than five years, people! Wasn't just RuneScape!

... Although REALLY, RuneScape didn't help. I'm not overweight though! BMI 20, better than some girls my age. *cough*anorexiaisnotaproblemformebutforgettingtoeatandstayinguptoolatefersuuure*cough*

ON to the other stuff:

FOOD. I was thinking about that... You know how the hp cap is 99? Our characters are DEMI-GODS. DEMI-GODS! 'Cause shrimps heal 7 hitpoints, and that is the hitpoints of the 'average' npc human running around. Guards are pwnage... anything more is getting into magic range.

... So a meal of shrimps is enough to save you from DEATH'S DOOR.

Think about it.

Aaaand the bad lessons: I will repeat what someone ELSE said. Agility -- makes me want to go bounce up and down and bother my mum until she drags us off on a walk. Castle Wars? Not enough sibs to play, unfortunately (orrrr maybe not heh), but Capture the Flag NEEDS teamwork- and oh HECK yes it's FUN.

Aaaand the BEER. I look forward to getting plastered eventually... ONCE. When I'm NINETEEN. Because I'll try almost ANYTHING once. Howeverrr, other than that the most alcohol I've been in contact with IRL is tasting the stuff my mum's drinking... Enough that I can say with certainty that I think beer tastes bad. Cider, on the other hand... :D

YOU REALLY SHOULD USE LESS CAPITALS :shock: .

@ this lady:

Sitting on your computer with a plate of hotpockets and writing blogs about how online games make kids obese makes you a fat, hipocrital [bleep] :lol:

Indie_Kids.png

"Don't push me; what's the hurry?" - Imogen Heap

I can go days without eating if I'm on the computer enough (and often do so during the summer). I'm more likely to lose weight because of RuneScape rather than gain weight. Food is the last thing I want when I'm on the computer :|

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

Pfffft obvious troll is obvious...

1. She knows too much about the game

2. She found videos, which you'd have to be [developmentally delayed]ed to miss the comedic value of (she instead takes them seriously)

3. Terrible points are made such as the eating irl deal....

Also read the top of the page the article is on -.-

1288581197250-1.jpg

Ha! The Encyclopedia Dramatica...

While Runescape promotes cybersex, the Encyclopedia Dramatica promotes... REAL SEX!

Advertisement from Encyclopedia Dramatica: "Seek a girl and meet for sex."

Any morally upright, Runescape bashing mother would never quote the Encyclopedia Dramatica as the source of all knowledge and wisdom.

This article is clearly a joke, and kudos to whomever wrote it.

qeauxraline.png

"Call now, and I'll replace your old television with a new one that looks just like it, while you sleep!" --Dogbert

Parents feeding their children rubbish, allowing their child/ren to sit online all day so they are not bothering them, and basically not getting their own fat arses off the couch and outdoors playing with their kids is what makes children fat.

You let your kids go outside? the pedophiles, murderers, and kidnappers are out there!! You are a horrible parent.

My 'kids' are 18 & 25. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

witchylucy.png

Parents feeding their children rubbish, allowing their child/ren to sit online all day so they are not bothering them, and basically not getting their own fat arses off the couch and outdoors playing with their kids is what makes children fat.

You let your kids go outside? the pedophiles, murderers, and kidnappers are out there!! You are a horrible parent.

The age of the avarage robber and kidnappers@!

Keep them inside for everyones safety.

The age of the avarage robber and kidnappers@!

Keep them inside for everyones safety.

ROFL!

Personally, I've always wondered why it's okay for bloggers to spend hours and hours on their computers but it's not okay for children to do it...

Haha good point. It's a common attitude too. The term "no-lifer" is ironically used almost exclusively on the internet. :lol:

And the player's stomach is insane... Immense storage. I have seen videos of people gulping down an entire inventory of swordfish in a losing battle. Younger players can take this in a bad light. They can suddenly be brainwashed that eating immense amounts of food can help them live longer or heal faster from a simple cut or bruise.

That almost made me laugh my head off :lol:

Oiger1.png

when_power_love_150.gif

Its just a stupid idiot not understanding anything at all. I seriously do not see how people can be this moronic. When (s)he is talking about the stomachs just :wall: I want to smash my face on a giant wall of [bleep]es now.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Bloody hellfire! I come here, to see how this bleeding thread could remain so blasted popular, and I find a lot of numb skulls and hollow heads bashing the blogger who clearly, if you read the article, was being satirical.

IT IS A FREAKIN' JOKE PEOPLE!

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Bloody hellfire! I come here, to see how this bleeding thread could remain so blasted popular, and I find a lot of numb skulls and hollow heads bashing the blogger who clearly, if you read the article, was being satirical.

IT IS A FREAKIN' JOKE PEOPLE!

You know that for sure do you? Are you, in fact, the blogger in question?

The problem with blogs like this, or just blogs in general, is that it allows any self-important twit with an internet connection to spout off about what is wrong with the world to everyone and anyone. The reason so many people in this thread feel this person is being serious is that bloggers like this are always being serious. They may put "disclaimers" at the top of the page, but that's so if their "well-reasoned" arguments are met with anger and, frankly, reality by the readers, they can simply say it was meant as a joke. -.- Ha ha ha...

Last time I checked, jokes were supposed to be funny. This ignorant tirade on RuneScape doesn't even come close to sarcasm, let alone humor.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...