Some 'blogger' parent thinks RS makes kids fat

shivers21

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this women is bringing up that runescape can be addicting etc and her theory that it could be wasting your time with clicks etc. but this is very poorly written. Runescape can't be played too often to the point where it ruins your health. That is the bottom line.

Regardless if this person is serious or not, a lot of people use this line of BS as an excuse. Most of them have really fat and lazy kids, and LAWDY knows it can't be their faults that their kids are fat, lazy, and stupid. It's gotta be a point and lcik game turning them into these lardbutts, not the food they buy the kid and then go in their rooms.

So basically...

Parents Today = Fail

Black Grandmothers = Pass

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

AAGGHH! MY JAW! Maybe I should call the hospital... no, I saw something like this on a game once, all you need to do is consume a seaturtle in 3 bites and it'll heal me!

AAGGHH! MY JAW! Maybe I should call the hospital... no, I saw something like this on a game once, all you need to do is consume a seaturtle in 3 bites and it'll heal me!

quit

[hide=]
So again for everyone who didn't even read the article, or my/others posts...

2yv09kj.png

2yv09kj.png

2yv09kj.png

Yes I didn't spell article right... -.-

~ Captainkidd

[/hide]

Way to look like a jackass, and you did it twice. =D>

Of course it's a joke, do you really think all these people believe it? You think your the only one who can see that it's a joke? :oops: < your ego melting.

Ooo, trying to start internet fights are we? Maybe you should actually read everyone's posts before you make your self look like a jackass.

I understand that there is people posting who know this is a joke (and state it in their post), I was referring to every poster that didn't put they knew it was a joke and made a serious attempt to explain how the 'blogger' is ignorant in their post.

So just clam down little buddy, jeez...

~ Captainkidd

I cannot believe some people. They just can't seem to accept that the main reason that obesity is rising in kids is parents not enforcing exercise or their diets. Runescape is a scapegoat, just like evry other bloody video game out there. I couldn't read all of this article, it made me die inside.

Besides, if child over 12 is stupid enough to believe that then so be it. JaGeX have enforced an age resitriction, so their backs are covered. And thank God, if they got sued for it my faith in humanity would have plummeted below 0. This argument is so weak it actually makes me angry. People are so blind to the fact that obesity in kids is their fault that they look for something to blame it on. Yes, video games are a factor, but if a parent is so stupid that they will feed there kids junk and let them play on games all day, so be it. I know my parents wouldn't mind if I got fat, only how I felt about it.

And, obviously he/she hasn't played this game enough to realise that, yes, it is all clicking, there are some tactics. This article is completely biased, she doesn't see the good side of it.

Yes, Runescape is a videogame and like all others some people are obsessed with it. But there are a few pro's to it. For example, it improves basic maths, concepts of efficiency and maybe even a teeny bit of history, although that's debateable. Also, it's cheap. £35 a year, the price of a game on a console. But you don't have to buy a console, and most games made today don't last a year.

[/rant]

Gawd, people make me mad.

EDIT: I read it all. "*SIGH* Humans."

No. No. No. Get out. Stay out. I loathe you, or rather, what you stand for.

Dodongo_200.png

I <3 SikTh.

First let's cover what this game is... I read a bit from the wonderful Encyclopedia Dramatica.

First of all they took encyclopedia dramatica to be realiable.

And of course RS makes you fat, sitting on your [wagon] for hours on end only moving your hands is gonna make you fat. :wall:

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

I read a bit from the wonderful Encyclopedia Dramatica

I read this and the rest of the page became invalid.

Does anyone know half the stuff posted on ED? Its meant to be a JOKE.

The stuff you mine goes in this order, at least I THINK it does... not naming the member items: Copper/Tin->Iron->(coal?)->Silver->Gold->Mithril->Adamant->Rune->Dragon.

And she thinks the process of 1-99 is 'simple'.

Sitting around and being inactive does NOT make you fat. I'll argue this with you until the end of time. If you think sitting around and being inactive DOES make you fat, you are officially insane and stupid...

What does make you fat is the KIND food you eat. KIND! NOT amount! Again, you can eat a truck-load of food every day and never become fat, provided it is quality, healthy food such as salads composed of lettuce, cucumber, and tomato, and other vegetables, fruits and plants.

Dairy products are not good for the human body, and neither is meat, although they can provide some nutrition, fruits and vegetables are far better suited to our digestive system. If you must eat meat, I'd recommend fish, it's much more compatible with our systems than "traditional" meats, of which red ones like steak and beef are especially bad.

I have more experience with health and nutrition than most of you on this forum will ever have, and don't even try to debate it with me. I will simply ignore you. This is my ONLY post regarding this matter, on this thread.

As a concrete example, I never exercise, ever. I haven't exercised in close to 3 or 4 years now. I also eat a lot of food; I eat constantly. And guess the result? I am 178 cm tall, 54 kg, which, according to Wikipedia, equates to a BMI classified as "underweight". Of course these BMI things aren't always accurate, but I'm stick thin, put it that way.

The reason for these "mysterious" results? I eat healthy foods, and lots of them.

If you want to be healthy and thin, eat plenty of fruits and vegetables and do not consume sugar, high fructose corn syrup, dairy products (or at least keep them to a minimum), most baked goods, pasta (rice is better, and brown rice is better than white rice), or really anything that isn't classified as "natural". There's a reason most Americans are fat and in the hospital all the time. They eat greasy, sloppy disgusting food at places like McDonalds every day, which provides no nutritional value, and hardly eat fruits or vegetables.

On the other hand, people from places like pre-WW2 Japan (modern Japan too, for the most part), and modern day Puerto Rico are never sick and are healthy. I have a few friends from Puerto Rico; I love hearing their stories of the jungles rich with ripe fruits, which dwarf in quality the chemical-laden produce sold in the supermarkets of most nations. But still, they're better than nothing, and eating chemical-laden fruit from your local supermarket is a HELL of a lot better than crackers, meat and macaroni.

Now, I'm not saying that exercise is bad nor am I saying it isn't benefical. What I am saying is that lack of exercise does NOT make you fat. Exercise builds muscle and stimulates the body. Eating nutritional food keeps you thin and healthy. Exercise and food serve two completely different purposes. You can exercise 24/7 and eat disgusting sloppy American McDonalds food all, and you'll be fat as a pig, guaranteed. Now I don't want to ever hear that lack of exercise = obesity ever again.

As I write this post, I am chewing a raw tomato. Far more delicious than ice cream, and if you disagree it's only because your taste buds are perverted from being conditioned with that type of food for so long (along with cultural ties as well). Farewall, I shall now enjoy my tomato.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

actually eating alot of anything can be dangerous, but somethings are worse than others. you still have to do exercise to work off most food...if not all

althought yes, the type of food does make a large difference, it is not everything. you should still exercise

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Wish I could mine dragon...

Get a pickaxe and wack a dragon over the head. :P

tried that all i got was some bones and hides

None of them dropped ores :cry:

Lolwut? Green dragons drop ores...

Misc: Dragon egg, Herbs, Bass, Adamant ore,

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

Raid naxx with some schoolmates on WoW and you're a fat menace to society with no ambition or motivation.

I hate this stigma... I'm not particularly social but I'm certainly not a worthless slug leeching off of society. Though I'll be honest, most of my best friends are online.

OH S***! He/she/it is back!

Well I knew it was a joke when the author said the phrase "But I play it responsibly." Playing runescape responsibly doesn't exist (let's face it runescape is frighteningly addictive with godlike powers), so obviously the author never even played runescape, probably just scimmed the Manual.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

THis person doesnt know what she's on about.

Ofcourse after bieng bit by a dog a kid wouldn't eat 10 steaks. Cause steaks dont heal you foo!

Its swordfish and lobbies he would go after ;)

tipit_grid1.png

2,274th person to 99 mining

Parents feeding their children rubbish, allowing their child/ren to sit online all day so they are not bothering them, and basically not getting their own fat arses off the couch and outdoors playing with their kids is what makes children fat.

witchylucy.png

Well, this is a really interesting article...

Besides, I'm sure people who play Runescape have common sense, eating a whole inventory of Swordfish does not mean you should eat 28 swordfish in real life.. -.-

And theres that point about obesity..I'm sure your parents/guardians/friends don't want you to sit on a chair and play Rs for the rest of your life,

And yeah.. :x

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

Parents feeding their children rubbish, allowing their child/ren to sit online all day so they are not bothering them, and basically not getting their own fat arses off the couch and outdoors playing with their kids is what makes children fat.

You let your kids go outside? the pedophiles, murderers, and kidnappers are out there!! You are a horrible parent.

ok just a few points.

1. There is no evidence that she is a parent herself.

2. The blog is satire, but it's not entirely a joke. It's meant to comically point out the horrible ramifications of playing runescape.

3. She is obviously a horrible writer who does little to no research into a subject before blogging about it.

4. Read a couple of her other blogs, especially the one about the 13 year old father for more evidence towards point 3.

5. Sorry guys, she really is just that stupid.(Although quite a few of you are too for not looking into the rest of her blog posts before posting. Come on the point is to be better than her.)

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]