Favorite sayings

Guest Rob

So, tipit, what are some of your favorite sayings? They can be ones you created, famous quotes or just something from a song. Here are some of mine:

" Always expect the unexpected " - Can't think of who made it up, it's so famous"

" But what is today but yesterday's tommarow?" - Little brother told it to me, turns out it's from spongebob :lol:

" Oh my god, they killed Kenny!" - Southpark. I just laugh everytime I hear it :lol:

So, what are some of yours?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, he'll be warm the rest of his life.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it. ~Andre Gide

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?

You are a child of God

Your playing small doesn't serve the world.

There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

We are all meant to shine, as children do.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.

It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

And as we let our own light shine,

we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

As we're liberated from our own fear,

our presence automatically liberates others."

1994 Inaugural Speech - Nelson Mandela

------------------------------------------------------------------

Once upon a time there was a wise man who used to go to the ocean to do his writing. He had a habit of walking on the beach before he began his work. One day he was walking along the shore. As he looked down the beach, he saw a human figure moving like a dancer. He smiled to himself to think of someone who would dance to the day. So he began to walk faster to catch up.

As he got closer, he saw that it was a young man and the young man wasn't dancing, but instead he was reaching down to the shore, picking up something and very gently throwing it into the ocean.

As he got closer he called out, "Good morning! What are you doing?"

The young man paused, looked up and replied, "Throwing starfish in the ocean."

"I guess I should have asked, why are you throwing starfish in the ocean?"

"The sun is up and the tide is going out. And if I don't throw them in they'll die."

"But, young man, don't you realize that there are miles and miles of beach and starfish all along it. You can't possibly make a difference!"

The young man listened politely. Then bent down, picked up another starfish and threw it into the sea, past the breaking waves and said- "It made a difference for that one."

How many "starfish" do you come across in a day?

- Author Unknown

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The wise man in the storm prays to God, not for safety from danger, but deliverance from fear.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yesterday is history, tomorrows a mystery. Today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."

-Unknown

28jkzuv.jpg2a9b8sy.jpgwqx853.jpg

gridblack.png

"Travel far enough away, my friend, and you'll discover something of great beauty: yourself." ~ Cirque du Soleil

You'd have to be in a really good mood not to find this quote cliche, though it is a good one nonetheless.

wl7w9j.png

CALMER DOWN THERE BUD!

Is usually what me and my friends say to each other when we play CoD and one of us gets mad. (Happens too often) Though this just gets us more mad, which is why we do it. XD

Basically a game on who can we get to just totally snap and go on a 10 minute rampage swearing at everything in site. Good times, good times. :lol:

~ Captainkidd

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -George Orwell

hopesolopatriot.jpg

I'm bored and don't feel like thinking of the good sayings I know, so I'll just copy the "Confucius quote of the day" off iGoogle.

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated."

Yet another one I agree with.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

That's what she said.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

"Pain is momentarily, Pride is forever."

"The only thing to fear in life is fear itself."

"Hit him hard, if he gets back up you hit him harder, if he gets back up again, it's probably smartest to run." (Don't go by it, it's just pretty funny)

"[bleeping] a person drunk is like riding a bike high, it will take a lot longer to get there and there'll be some funny moments on the way, but you'll eventually get there."

"War is the terrorism of the rich and terrorism is the war of the poor."

I forgot

Anger is a gift.

and

That's what she said.

I say the second one waaaay to much. #-o

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

If you do things right, People won't be sure you've done anything at all - (Name it!)

Not too many that I know off the top of my head. That one being my favorite.

If you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things"

-George Carlin

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Aku Soku Zan. It's the primary Shinsengumi code that they went by. Shinsengumi being a group of people during the Bakumatsu in Japan (start of 1800s, I think) who tried to prevent the overthrowing of the emperor at the time. It translates to "Swift Death to Evil." It's something that I personally identify with VERY much. I imagine that a lot of military and similar folks will agree with that sentiment.

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

~Theodore Roosevelt

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours"

- Stephen Roberts

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -George Orwell

I like this one, because it's very true.

edit: I meant the top one, but the one at the bottom is cool as well.

Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round heads in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules and they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify them, or vilify them. But the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.