A challenge for those of you who want a challenge.

smobo

Task List:

F2P:

[hide=Kill a Cockroach Knight]No one's done this one yet.[/hide]

[hide=Kill a Lesser Demon]No one's done this one yet.[/hide]

[hide=Kill a Greater Demon]No one's done this one yet.[/hide]

Killing a Lesser and Greater Demon won't be much of a problem, Silverlight and prayer flashing (along with monk robes from the monastery), though, killing a Cockroach Knight might be a bit hard, considering they don't exist. I think that you meant Cockroach Soldier. Anyways, a nice idea, but you might want to work on your F2P list.

PS: Killing a Revenant Knight is pretty hard in F2P (even normally).

I couldn't think of anything hard for F2P, when I was f2p, lessers where a fairly easy challenge with gear, and i could kill a few greaters without too much problem. Someone else said cockroach knight in an earlier post, so I just thought the big ones where called knights, sorry about that.

But yes, the F2P list needs work, I just am at a lack of ideas for it.

Smobo.png

Got his first skill cape April 7th 2009, at lv 121+12 cb and 2000 total

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can we get defenders?

I can't see why not, however in my opinion it would be a waste seeing as it takes a few hours to get to rune usually, and its not that good if you're going for speed. You would start at bronze btw.

YES!

-insert image-

could probably do it in 4:30 but i was kinda doing it as a went

Congrats. I added a logical rule, f2p challenges are to be done on f2p worlds, because well, they're f2p challenges lol. You appear to be in a p2p world, but it wasn't a rule before, and you seem to be using f2p items. So it counts.

Smobo.png

Task List:

F2P:

You know what, I accept the challenges for F2P. The only "tough" objective would be to run from Lumby to Karamja. Kicking a Lesser Demon to death will be no cake.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

can we get defenders?

I can't see why not, however in my opinion it would be a waste seeing as it takes a few hours to get to rune usually, and its not that good if you're going for speed. You would start at bronze btw.

YES!

-insert image-

could probably do it in 4:30 but i was kinda doing it as a went

Congrats. I added a logical rule, f2p challenges are to be done on f2p worlds, because well, they're f2p challenges lol. You appear to be in a p2p world, but it wasn't a rule before, and you seem to be using f2p items. So it counts.

well it was in p2p but i will list what i did.

start in lumby

run to melee tutor get training equip

run to ned to get explorer ring 3

ran to the port, killing all muggers/robbers/etc i saw on the way got ~25gp from that

killed 2 gobs for the rest of the gp

took the boat

ran down and killed the lesser only using f2p prayers

Y_Z.png

This is a great idea actually :thumbsup: . Something to do when Im bored of fletching. Ill try it once I get a chance.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Task List:

F2P:

Killing a Lesser and Greater Demon won't be much of a problem, Silverlight and prayer flashing (along with monk robes from the monastery), though, killing a Cockroach Knight might be a bit hard, considering they don't exist. I think that you meant Cockroach Soldier. Anyways, a nice idea, but you might want to work on your F2P list.

PS: Killing a Revenant Knight is pretty hard in F2P (even normally).

I couldn't think of anything hard for F2P, when I was f2p, lessers where a fairly easy challenge with gear, and i could kill a few greaters without too much problem. Someone else said cockroach knight in an earlier post, so I just thought the big ones where called knights, sorry about that.

But yes, the F2P list needs work, I just am at a lack of ideas for it.

Yeah my bad with the cockroach knight, i havent played in awhile.

I killed a greater demon using this method last knight, took me about an hour and a half. I killed some men in lumby for some startup gold. Then I bought a bronze pickaxe, which i used to mine enough iron for full iron, smithed it in Varrock, then killed some guards outside falador for money, selling everything i got for more cash. Then i bought a fly fishing rod and feathers, along with a tinderbox and axe, and caught some trout and salmon at the barbarian village. Then i bought a team cape, and went up and killed a greater demon, the proceeded to get killed immediatly after by a Revenant Ork.

Oh yeah i picked up leather gloves and boots in their spawn points in Edgeville and al kharid.

And also, another idea for f2p, ive seen people talk about trying to get all the pieces for a skull sceptre in one run at the stronghold of security, so that could be another idea.

I absolutely love this idea. It would be fun to get a group together at one time in lumby, pick a challenge and then race to the end. It would also be interesting to perhaps set groupings based on total skill level and/or combat level and categorize the results based on some reasonable breakdown.

A friend and I are definitely going to have a run at this - probably barrows just for fun.

And I agree, anti-dragon shield is a problem unless as part of the prep, you can dump the ones you already have. It is not a big deal except it makes it very difficult to kill any dragon above green without it. (So the mith dragon challenge becomes extremely difficult)

Fooo

King_Fooo.png

[hide=picture]challengecomplete.png[/hide]

Needed a bit less than an hour to finish but I wasted too many time getting lobsters and steel armour as I didn't need them at all... #-o

KADrb.png
260pifq.jpg

Great Idea

Ill have to give this a go after 99 def <3:

I love the idea of fending for urself and having to get all your items the hard way.

Also some of the challenges seem to overlap... Barrows for guthan for fight caves, or verac for KQ

Ya it would take a long time to complete but you have to remember you still get the profit after lol :lol:

BTW: if you have a god cape , can you drop it before the challenge and go get it after you start?

Also, if you do a clue and get noted food can you bank them and get them back or can you only sell them to a general store and re-buy them?

Thanks, This will be fun! :thumbsup:

or3zbs.jpg

99s - Attack, Defence, Strength, Hitpoints, Prayer, Magic, Cooking,Slayer,Summoning

Proud Fire Cape Owner!

5500th to summon the amazing Unicorn!

Really nice idea, a true challenge. I would try some of these myself, but I lack most of the skills I need. Not even with 99 hp, att and str I would be able to punch graardor to death :(

16185_s.gif

To make it fair with levels, shouldn't you make everyone create a new character, then give them a week or something to get the best stats, money and QP they can? (F2P only).

Like make a rating system:

- Each 2 Quest points = 1 point for this challenge

-Each 5 skill levels = 2 points for this challenge

- Each 1k in gold = 1 point for this challenge

Items do not count towards this

- Each F2P 'boss' monster killed = 2 points (non repeatable) [Lesser & Greater demons, Cockroach soldiers ect...]

The person who gets the most points wins!

(proof of bank + skills + quest list would be needed obviously)

THAT would be a true challenge.

2v8sgvs.png

I love these kind of ideas, they're pretty interesting to see, and alot of fun to do.

Tbh, you should come up with a longer list of tasks (and get suggestions), and present them like this:

[hide=Solo the King Black Dragon]Player 1 (time if kept track) (Pic if taken)

Player 2

Etc)[/hide]

Showing the task, difficulty, pic, and players who did it. (Sure its on an honor system, but the hole thing is really =\)

That is, if this takes off well (and by the posts so far it seems to). Idk you might not like it, but I think it might be cool to keep track)

im not trying to rant or anything but thats like an elaboration of my idea on the first page, lol

(if only i knew how to use tabs) #-o

i guess great minds do think alike though ;)

doogsidoof.png

Owner of a Quest cape since 9/11/08

tipit_grid2.png

It's not about the other people, its about shooting cute furry things that explode.

I updated the list. Yay, all the f2p challanges have been completed ^_^.

atm, I'm going for a vided <1 hr run at the KBD. I've gotten him to half in 45 minutes, so I'm pretty sure its possible if I refine my route a bit more.

Smobo.png

atm, I'm going for a vided <1 hr run at the KBD. I've gotten him to half in 45 minutes, so I'm pretty sure its possible if I refine my route a bit more.

What weapon are you using? I think that Zanik's crossbow would be the best option. Good damage, very quick to get. 6K cash should be enough for everything.

for pvp you could possiably add completing a clue scroll, although that does take luck in getting it, and maybe killing a dragonoth king?

doogsidoof.png

Owner of a Quest cape since 9/11/08

tipit_grid2.png

It's not about the other people, its about shooting cute furry things that explode.

What weapon are you using? I think that Zanik's crossbow would be the best option. Good damage, very quick to get. 6K cash should be enough for everything.

I've actually been using melee, and using a addy hasta (best stab wep i can make with 1 addy bar) I never thought of using zanik's crossbow, that could cut some serious time off. -goes to do it-

for pvp you could possiably add completing a clue scroll, although that does take luck in getting it, and maybe killing a dragonoth king?

Completing a clue would be very very time consuming, I might add it later. And you can't kill a dag king by yourself, that would involve including another person, and that just adds all sorts of complications.

Smobo.png