A challenge for those of you who want a challenge.

smobo

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/5750/cockroach.png

I didn't bother checking if anyone had alreayd done this. ;D

My clock said 11:51-11:56

EDIT: Beat my Warlover.. LOL gf.

(Although, I didn't start with my Explorer's Ring....)

You didn't beat him, you where 5 minish, where as he was a bit over 3

Smobo.png

Got his first skill cape April 7th 2009, at lv 121+12 cb and 2000 total

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, just did a few tries at the Lesser Challenge. Very fun...first try I was just 5 minutes getting boat fare. Restarted...

Second try: ran and got training sword and shield, killed goblins until I got 4 earths, sold them in sarim for $, had a really bad fight with the lesser and ended up with a time of 5:17.

Third try: thought I would prep this time - destroyed my Explorer ring so I could recover it again from Ned. Started in lumby with nothing, got training sword, killed a few goblins and got 1 mail and 6 waters. Ran to Draynor, got ring from Ned, cabbage ported, alched mail (16 gp..ugh) - ran to shop and sold waters, took boat. Restored run, and ran to lessers. Attacked at about the 4 minute mark. Slow fight but prevailed. Final time: 4:51.

King_Fooo.png

Can this be like the official challenge thread or something? That'd be pretty awsome :)

I came up with a rather evil challenge a while back, in which you have to obtain a full set of mystic robes from monsters in the slayer tower without banking or having items ran to you.

Would work in the slayer cave as well.

2Xeo5.png

for pvp you could possiably add completing a clue scroll, although that does take luck in getting it, and maybe killing a dragonoth king?

Completing a clue would be very very time consuming, I might add it later. And you can't kill a dag king by yourself, that would involve including another person, and that just adds all sorts of complications.

ok, i didnt know, ive never actually tryed killing one #-o

doogsidoof.png

Owner of a Quest cape since 9/11/08

tipit_grid2.png

It's not about the other people, its about shooting cute furry things that explode.

Perhaps it would be an interesting twist to include duo or trio challenges. Where a pair or trio of players start all together in Lumby with nothing and work together to do one of the more difficult challenges (DK, GWD). With the right mix of people and skills, would be interesting. Same rules would apply - no banking, no handouts - but you could trade with your teammates. This actually sounds even more appealing to me since it would be fun working with a team (and against the clock).

Obviously solo would be a different category than team, and duo would be different than trio.

Fooo

King_Fooo.png

I really like this idea. Here are a few more that someone could do:

-Get all the monkey greegrees (would be pretty hard)

-Defeat Bork

-Get a skull sceptre (F2P)

-Make one million in pure gp

-Get 100k experience in a skill (without lamps, penguins, etc)

-Solo a TD (don't know why it isnt there already)

-Get to Far off places (Priffindas gates, Lunar rune essence mine, Meyerditch Myreque base)

-Recieve a Duradel (or new guy) slayer task and complete

That's all i can think of atm... im probably gonna do one of these tonight actually

Perhaps it would be an interesting twist to include duo or trio challenges. Where a pair or trio of players start all together in Lumby with nothing and work together to do one of the more difficult challenges (DK, GWD). With the right mix of people and skills, would be interesting. Same rules would apply - no banking, no handouts - but you could trade with your teammates. This actually sounds even more appealing to me since it would be fun working with a team (and against the clock).

Obviously solo would be a different category than team, and duo would be different than trio.

Fooo

that would be an epic idea.

this thread has the potiental to become massive :twisted:

doogsidoof.png

Owner of a Quest cape since 9/11/08

tipit_grid2.png

It's not about the other people, its about shooting cute furry things that explode.

I really like this idea. Here are a few more that someone could do:

-Defeat Bork

-Get to Far off places (Priffindas gates, Lunar rune essence mine, Meyerditch Myreque base)

That's all i can think of atm... im probably gonna do one of these tonight actually

Decent idea, I'll steal it (with credit)

-Defeat Bork

I'll steal this one too

You must have missed it, its already there

Thats very very tedius, and probably very wastefull. To be able to do this in any short amount of time, you would probably have to do barrows runs, and alch the rewards.

I just don't think it would be too popular, its pretty much encouraging grinding.

It should be on there -steals-

Slayer tasks are too random, some take minutes, others can take hours. ((Set up to kill 195 dark beasts, no cannon. Umm nty))

Smobo.png

He used the explorer's ring... >.<

EDIT: (Sarcasm) Thanks for reading my whole post before replying to me.

He used the explorer's ring... >.<

EDIT: (Sarcasm) Thanks for reading my whole post before replying to me.

I read the whole post, so what if he used it, he's allowed.

Smobo.png

I think this has been answered all ready, sorry.

If we get rid of our Achievement stuff or just really anything we can get back for "free" before we start; can we use that for this challenge, providing we obtain it during the challenge?

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

I updated the list. Yay, all the f2p challanges have been completed ^_^.

atm, I'm going for a vided <1 hr run at the KBD. I've gotten him to half in 45 minutes, so I'm pretty sure its possible if I refine my route a bit more.

What weapon are you using? I think that Zanik's crossbow would be the best option. Good damage, very quick to get. 6K cash should be enough for everything.

I've actually been using melee, and using a addy hasta (best stab wep i can make with 1 addy bar) I never thought of using zanik's crossbow, that could cut some serious time off. -goes to do it-

White Wolf Mountain crossbow shop is probably to best place to get materials for addy crossbow, which you could swap for Zanik's crossbow. But what would be the quickest way to get cash for the materials? :| Only about 6k is needed though...

If we get rid of our Achievement stuff or just really anything we can get back for "free" before we start; can we use that for this challenge, providing we obtain it during the challenge?

That was how I read it. You start with nothing and cannot take anything out of your bank. That is why I ditched my Explorer Ring and then went and got a new one when the timer was on. I guess anti-dragon shield is obtainable then - provided you dump the ones in your bank first.

King_Fooo.png

I hate to be an [wagon] here, but I had a question. The kill a lesser one is under the F2p section. Doesn't this mean it should be done in f2p (Meaning no members items) Hate to pick that out specifically, but the explorers ring King used made me wonder...

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

That was how I read it. You start with nothing and cannot take anything out of your bank. That is why I ditched my Explorer Ring and then went and got a new one when the timer was on. I guess anti-dragon shield is obtainable then - provided you dump the ones in your bank first.

Ok well considering the other pictures I've seen, I guess it's all right.

I'm also starting off with an anti-dragon shield, because I have a DFS and can't get another from the Duke.

I hate to be an [wagon] here, but I had a question. The kill a lesser one is under the F2p section. Doesn't this mean it should be done in f2p (Meaning no members items) Hate to pick that out specifically, but the explorers ring King used made me wonder...

Isn't Explorer Ring F2p as well?

But I agree with you for other things.

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

I did the same thing a while back. Here are some steps along the way and a final inventory picture of what I produced:

Getting the crossbow:

minesg.png

Getting the accumulator

accumulator.png

Final inventory:

endq.png

lalalasig2.png

It is a good point! But...explorer ring is f2p (and I did use a f2p world).

King_Fooo.png

I updated the list. Yay, all the f2p challanges have been completed ^_^.

atm, I'm going for a vided <1 hr run at the KBD. I've gotten him to half in 45 minutes, so I'm pretty sure its possible if I refine my route a bit more.

What weapon are you using? I think that Zanik's crossbow would be the best option. Good damage, very quick to get. 6K cash should be enough for everything.

I've actually been using melee, and using a addy hasta (best stab wep i can make with 1 addy bar) I never thought of using zanik's crossbow, that could cut some serious time off. -goes to do it-

White Wolf Mountain crossbow shop is probably to best place to get materials for addy crossbow, which you could swap for Zanik's crossbow. But what would be the quickest way to get cash for the materials? :| Only about 6k is needed though...

I'm testing ideas atm. I havn't done a run yet with ranged, but I'm contemplating the use of bone bolts vs broad vs iron.

Smobo.png

It is a good point! But...explorer ring is f2p (and I did use a f2p world).

Sorry then lol. I forgot about lumby diary being f2p. :wall:

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

It was a painfully long fight but I killed it

molekillstop122228.png

took 2 hours and 15 mins

•  
    *made the dagger and sold drops for the bone dagger

*fished sharks for food

*made a prayer pot from a random ranarr I got