A challenge for those of you who want a challenge.

smobo

Soooo what's the best way to make some cash? Unicorns are over 3k a pouch to make...

I tried Thieving, slow but effective. I also got some Raw Sharks and Adam Ore from chests.

Also, I'm not sure if you can buy an Enhanced Excalibur from the Lady of the lake if you have one all ready. So I'll start with it and negative 500gp. and travel to the lake, just to make the "time trial" fair.

Edit: anyone know where I can easily get a Diamond?

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome challenge, might feebly attempt some >.>

Btw.... just a sidenote - enhanced excalibur is a rune long that costs 500gp from lady of the lake and rune scims can be good income for cash if you alch them, zamorak warriors >.>

I thought enhanced excalibur was somewhere around a steel long. I'm soooo using it now.

Awesome challenge, might feebly attempt some >.>

Btw.... just a sidenote - enhanced excalibur is a rune long that costs 500gp from lady of the lake and rune scims can be good income for cash if you alch them, zamorak warriors >.>

Excellent find!

Any idea for armor comparable to Rune? or at least better than Adam?

Here's what I know:

Initiate = mith + pray bonus

Prosy = addy+pray bonus

fally 3 shied = addy kite+pray bonus

slayer helm = rune full

Ram head = addy full helm

ancient mace = black mace

gadder hammer + slave (e) ~= whip + fury vs shades (though not as good as whip + salve (e))

Doesn't a slayer helmet require a black mask?

I'm not sure if the gem stalls sell them (and I'm even less sure if they aren't strictly all player stock and offlimits), but nothing says you can't just try to steal a diamond from the stall in Ardy.

8f14270694.jpg

Soooo what's the best way to make some cash? Unicorns are over 3k a pouch to make...

I tried Thieving, slow but effective. I also got some Raw Sharks and Adam Ore from chests.

Also, I'm not sure if you can buy an Enhanced Excalibur from the Lady of the lake if you have one all ready. So I'll start with it and negative 500gp. and travel to the lake, just to make the "time trial" fair.

Edit: anyone know where I can easily get a Diamond?

I would just pitch the one you have and keep the one you get during the trial.

Diamonds are impossible to get almost. Your best bet is probably stethoscope + vaults, but you still might be 15 minutes getting one.

Smobo.png

Got his first skill cape April 7th 2009, at lv 121+12 cb and 2000 total

Man, there has to be a better way to make some money rather than Thieving, I'm sick of it; it takes so long.

Its the best way I've found to get decent amounts of cash. If you're getting sick of it, you're probably getting more then I have on a run (I only get 3-4k at most), you'll probably want to kill things for rune/addy items to alch.

Smobo.png

or you could buy a pickaxe (cheap) and mine some rune ess, make runes to sell

anyway, f2p task, kill a cockroah soldier. done in ~5 mins

[hide=]soldier1k.jpg[/hide]

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

I'll do all the f2p challenges tomorrow if I get the chance. Being pretty low combat's going to put me out of the running for the best time on anything, but it'll be fun anyways. :)

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

this is an awesome idea, im think ima try the roach or lessr's.

i also have a few ide'a for more chalenge's...

solo the kbd with out useing a weapon.

or to be evil, solo the kbd with out useing an anti-dragon shield.

kill a lesser with out useing food.

kill a grater in full bronze (haveing no shield for a bronze 2h should still count). i would so lol to see someone doing that one!

finish a particular quest/diary/minigame. lumby diary would be efective for this.

get to a certen place. hmm, maybe the ice path.

small thing's like that would be fun :D.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

[hide=]Start.png

end.png[/hide]

Kill me... I spent over an hour killing Catablepons. :cry:

2 hours 27 minutes 23 seconds. I need to sleep now.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

[hide=]Start.png

end.png[/hide]

Kill me... I spent over an hour killing Catablepons. :cry:

2 hours 27 minutes 23 seconds. I need to sleep now.

nice job, i would have expected more time to pass before they tried completing this one, grats :thumbsup:

doogsidoof.png

Owner of a Quest cape since 9/11/08

tipit_grid2.png

It's not about the other people, its about shooting cute furry things that explode.

Sounds intriguing. I might try some of these. I'm a big G mole fan, so I might go along with that...

However, I noticed there are no skilling challenged in this list. What if you were to add something like that? One example could be this: Obtain a Magic Log. That doesn't sound too hard, but you're basically timing how long it takes to find and chop a Magic Tree with a Bronze Axe (unless you can obtain a better one).

I also have an idea for Super-Hardcore challenges. The idea behind these is that you create a new account and time how long it takes to complete a task. It may not sound too hard on the surface, but even if you had something as simple as "obtain a willow log" you have to go from 1 to 30 woodcutting without buying a better axe from anybody. Sounds hard? An even harder example would be "fletch a Magic Shortbow". These tasks would probably take a lot longer than regular tasks, possibly even days to complete. But I think it would be a really good challenge for anybody who is extremely bored.

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

SLAYERGEEK

To above.. the skilling challenges might work.. Idk though it sounds boring.. more of a grind really (Sit at a mage tree with a bronze axe.. FUN!)

To the hard challenges you said with starting a new account, my first thought is no way in hell. (I think the OP might think along the same, he stated a few pages back, where skilling to get x goal, x exp etc is just a grind... and these challenges are meant to get away from grinding)

idk, you might be right and I could be an idiot, but those just seem like grinding a stupid throwaway account for no reason -.-

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

Yeah, now that I actually re-read what I posted it sounds boring and stupid. Eh.

OT: I didn't realize how hard some of these were :lol: I just attempted hardcore kill a cockroach solider, and I made the mistake of running away from it to eat. Got owned by the Ranged attack. It was at about 2 hp too #-o

Might try again later.

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

SLAYERGEEK

Although the challenges don't directly require skills, only those with higher skill levels can accomplish the more challenging tasks. For example, to fight a mithril dragon, one might need mithril or addy bolts, requiring that player to utilize mining, smithing, and fletching skills. In addition, antifire potions require level 69 herblore. Unless a player has balanced skills, the harder challenges might be a lot more difficult. Sure, a pure skiller would have a hard time doing these combat challenges, but I still think that the challenges employ much more than just combat skills.

Sounds intriguing. I might try some of these. I'm a big G mole fan, so I might go along with that...

However, I noticed there are no skilling challenged in this list. What if you were to add something like that? One example could be this: Obtain a Magic Log. That doesn't sound too hard, but you're basically timing how long it takes to find and chop a Magic Tree with a Bronze Axe (unless you can obtain a better one).

I also have an idea for Super-Hardcore challenges. The idea behind these is that you create a new account and time how long it takes to complete a task. It may not sound too hard on the surface, but even if you had something as simple as "obtain a willow log" you have to go from 1 to 30 woodcutting without buying a better axe from anybody. Sounds hard? An even harder example would be "fletch a Magic Shortbow". These tasks would probably take a lot longer than regular tasks, possibly even days to complete. But I think it would be a really good challenge for anybody who is extremely bored.

IMO, all the bigger challenges are skiller challenges. You'll need to make something during them. I also don't like the idea of making new accounts for this. One of the purposes of it is to give people the extra encouragement to train that skill they've wanted to train, but havn't got around to it yet. Like this:

99 Smithing will make this easier for me than others. I should probably go power mine granite to stout mine rune and do all of these with alot less issues :P

You never know, I might have just been a contributing factor for Das to get 85 mining (after he relizes he's got no chance of mining rune with a weak pick at 84 with stout).I know I'm going to get 76 smithing for this, so I can make addy limbs. Its not really happening yet, but when we'll have people beating each other's time by seconds, they will start getting those extra levels to speed things up.

And in the next 5 mins or so, I'll update the list.

Smobo.png

Pure skilling challenges I realize now are pointless. Thanks guys (no sarcasm intended).

OT: Achieved a fairly respectable time of 6 minutes, 26 seconds on the regular Cockroach Killing challenge.

[hide=6]CockroachSoldier6min26sec.png[/hide]

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z1/K ... n26sec.png

The bow is a Training Bow, not a Magic Shortbow.

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

SLAYERGEEK

you should add a rule: you can't do it in a pvp world, otherwise you could just get a ton of potential and claim it during the challange. If you got a dfh or dfs drop, most of these challanges would be a joke.

I might try one of the easier ones tomorrow.

Soldin_911.png

What type of proof would I need that I did the skull sceptre one (f2p)? I mean like, how can you guys be sure I didn't just get the pieces beforehand and just attached them while wearing mithril armor?