A challenge for those of you who want a challenge.

smobo

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a new challenge that u can post on the first page.

The Phoenix:

level 51 Slayers may fight the Phoenix once per day.

Items required: secateurs, knife, tinderbox, five empty inventory slots.

Items suggested: super set, ring of life, one-click teleport, prayer potion, super energy potion, good food, weapon, armour.

I don't think this one will be easy to do good luck to all u are going to try this one.

I might try this, good job making it so great :thumbsup:

few more ideas:

-smith a full armor set of the highest that you can make (runite will be quite a challenge)

-get to place x as fast as possible

for f2p: crandor, highest wildy lvl, end of melazar maze

for p2p: nature spirit grotto, end of temple of light, highest wildy for mems, the secret base in wyverwatch city, scabarite priest room, godwars boss room, a far room in chaos tunnels and alot more possibilities...

-surviving monsters as long as possible (just suffering their hits and not dying)

for f2p: lesser demon, greater demon, any revenant

for p2p: any revenant, any boss monster, trollheim trolls rock throwers, dagannoths/mummies at chaos tunnels

-p2p: collecting and planting in every farming patch (maybe excpet for rares such as trees, fruit trees, calquat and spirit tree...) - that one require lots of ways for transfomation, knowledge to gets seeds and that can be really competitive one...

-p2p: slaying all slayer monsters (from lvl 1 up to your lvl) in the order they're in the slayer guide. need to slay 1 of each.

-p2p: same as above but with hunting implings (that includs *bit* of luck also...)

-touch the 4 spots most north&east&south&west in any order (depends wich spots, if your'e f2p or p2p...)

hope these might help for abit more challenges :D

want_a_box.png

I have a new challenge that u can post on the first page.

The Phoenix:

level 51 Slayers may fight the Phoenix once per day.

Items required: secateurs, knife, tinderbox, five empty inventory slots.

Items suggested: super set, ring of life, one-click teleport, prayer potion, super energy potion, good food, weapon, armour.

I don't think this one will be easy to do good luck to all u are going to try this one.

I'm gonna add this to the front page.

Why did the skull scepter challenge get removed? :cry:

Sorry, must have accidentally removed it while updating scores, my bad. I'll add it back.

And i'll update the front sometime during this slay task ( been slaying a lot lately I've gotten about 800k so far this week).

Updated it now, if I messed anything up yell at me and I'll fix it.

Smobo.png

Got his first skill cape April 7th 2009, at lv 121+12 cb and 2000 total

Darn it. I tried the skull sceptre one, lagged, and died. Shoot, damn Ankous.

Well that took a lot of time and idk if I'm going to go for it again. Here's my procedure if anyone's interested (trying it hardcore):

-Started in lum, ran to Falador

-Picked up bronze pic, killed a few men, got cash

-Bought a hammer and Dwarven Stout

-Ran to Port Sarim, bought fly fishing rod

-Killed chickens for ~150 feathers

-Ran to Lumby Swamp mines, mined addy, mith, and coal to make full mith armor set + addy scim

-Smelted at lumby (these two steps were done at the same time, that is to say, I mined, then smelted, then went back to mine)

-Smithed into equipment at Varrock, used Dwarven Stout to smith the addy scim

-Bought leather gloves/boots/red cape at clothing store

-Dropped hammer, leftover coins, and beer glass

-Went to Barbarian village, fished invent of salmon/trout

-Cooked them at the perm fire in the helmet shop

-Went a-killing

Took about 20 minutes to get all my equipment ready. A majority of that time was spent mining. Stats involved:

-94 atk/99 str/90 def/94 hp

-87 mining

-74 smithing

-72 (?) agility (restored run quicker, even though I did it f2p)

-79 fishing

-99 cooking

i might try for the cockaroach soldiers...

sounds good with my level

Excuses are tools of incompetence that builds monuments of nothingness. Those who specialize in excuses never accomplish anything.
If the world does end on December 21, 2012, I want to be doing hot stuff with Megan Fox and/or playing Runescape :D

Limited relevance to original topic but lookie what I founded!

RsWiki:

Level 23 and 138 cave crawlers drop all of the required components for many potions such as Prayer potion (Vial of water, Ranarr weed and Snape grass) at a fairly regular rate, allowing players to stay in the area for longer. They also drop all the ingredients for both Antipoison and Super Antipoison which is very handy considering they poison so frequently. Some other useful potions made from their drops are Restore potion, Strength potion, Super strength potion, Super attack potion, and Super defence potion.

look what i found

[hide=Development Diary ( a small update aimed at the players who come up with those activities )]

7th May 2009 - Tools for Games

Theres a slightly different update on the cards for the not-too-distant future. It wont suit all of you, but, then, juggling all the different things RuneScape players like to do is always our biggest challenge. What it will do is make some little differences here and there, with new features that you can use in several ways that weve thought of...and hopefully a few we havent.

We know that to some of you, RuneScape is home to various pastimes that we didnt really plan for you. Besides all of the quests, minigames and other features that the team has worked hard on over the years, Gielinor has plenty of room for you to organise scavenger hunts, races and all kinds of other activities, and weve seen that some of you like to do just that. Now, weve decided to set aside some time for a small update aimed at the players who come up with those activities.

I was asked to come up with some items to help out, some little trinkets for the freestyle gamers among you. Its an interesting challenge: if this stuff is all about the things we didnt design, how can I deliberately set out to develop it? If I over-design these objects theyll be really good for whatever I had in mind, but give you much less freedom. That would completely ruin the idea of helping you with the gameplay that you want to make.

With that in mind Im working on a range of simple objects, each of which does something a little useful. Most of the objects are pretty simple, some a bit more complicated, but all are versatile. Hopefully, youll look at each item and think: I know what I could do with that! Just as people in the real world make dice and dont worry about what games people will use them for, we can provide some helpful tools for you to use however you want.

We thought long and hard about what to include, seeking suggestions from fan sites, the forums and Jagex staff. We had many great suggestions - far more than we could ever use - so we picked out a selection that were particularly suitable. The number of objects were going ahead with is relatively small, but the intention is that each of them has plenty of potential there for all kinds of things you might think of.

As you might have guessed, there will be dice; Im a big fan of dice. You can keep the rolls to yourself, or you can send them to your clan and everyone will know the result was genuine. Other items will help you start races fairly, run votes of clan members and check that nobody is cheating at collection and scavenging games.

Involving clans and keeping things fair are two of the main things Im keeping in mind while developing this project. We want these tools to be good for groups, and the best way we can do that is through the Clan Chat system. That way, the game remains yours and you can invite the people youd like to play with. Fairness is important because once you have come up with rules for your events, I want you to have ways of knowing that they are being followed.

All of these player-driven activities are part of what games developers refer to as emergent gameplay. Its a broad and interesting topic and I encourage you to hit the Web if you are interested. Ill start a thread on the forums in case anyone has any thoughts theyd like to share.

Mod Hew

RuneScape Content Developer

[/hide]

This is great news wen this comes out this thread will see lots more players posting here :thumbsup: \'

A couple things I don't understand:

Can we use shops? (aside from player stock)

And are we allowed to start with achievement items? Or do we have to drop them and then reobtain them?

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

And are we allowed to start with achievement items? Or do we have to drop them and then reobtain them?

Yes you can use shops (no player stock)

You have to "destroy" or drop your achievement items and reobtain them.

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

Yes you can use shops (no player stock)

You have to "destroy" or drop your achievement items and reobtain them.

Ok thank you ::'

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Alright, so I did the Chaos Elemental challenge. However, I sold pure ess to the GE 26 at a time =/ (forgot about that rule) Didn't use the GE for anything else though. On the other hand, I did not take advantage of achievement items because I wasn't sure if they were allowed (look two posts up).

But why does it matter anyways? I failed miserably :lol:

I got comboed by an Orc revenant and the Elemental, and this fail comes in at 1 hour, 17 mins and 30 secs.

I took off about 1/4 of its hp :|

[hide=Epic fail]Challengefail.png[/hide]

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

• 2 months later...

With the new update today i think it time to revivethis thead. i think the new tools will make this thread more fun than before.

Knowing that many of RuneScape's adventurers sometimes like to kick back and enjoy time with their friends and clan-mates, Al Kharid's newest resident, the mysterious entrepreneur Faruq, has brought to market a selection of curiosities to help pass the time between grand escapades.

If your clan needs fair ways of making decisions, then Faruq has something for you. If you want to have a race without any cheating or need something to mark the route, he can help. Whether youre planning a scavenger hunt, a race, a seeking game or any kind of adventure within the adventure, Faruq asks only that you look at his wares, because he might have just what you need.

To peruse Faruqs Tools for Games, check out the stall he has set up next to Ali Morrisane in Al Kharid market.

This is an unusual update for us, because, unlike just about everything else in RuneScape, we havent planned out what you should do with it. During development, we thought of things you could do, of course, but Im eager to see what else you can come up with yourselves.

To make the tools, we sought suggestions from the forums, fan sites and various corners of Jagex. It all helped shape the project, and some of the players who made suggestions when the developer blog went out should find certain objects very familiar: congratulations on making your mark on the game!

Mod Hew

RuneScape Content Developer

Ps: I like the stop watch and the cliker.

Pss: a new challenge for f2p will be the hellhounds in the wild ( i go and do them and post my resolds later )

[hide=EDIT]i started with the stop watch11kytl1.jpgEpic fail lol :lol:[/hide]

:thumbsup: \' =D> I have done it in 10m51s

[hide=hellhound owned]vh3g44.png

09m12s the start of the fight

10m49 fals aralm red bar not dead like me lol

10m51 at last dead yeah[/hide]

• 3 months later...

Everyone is saying to camp Abyssal Demons, but with full equipment and potions you usually only get one every 3-5 hours, as the drop rate is pretty lousy. It would probably be faster to make some cash from thieving or selling stuff to stores and buy a dragon scimitar from Ape Atoll.

welcometors8xn.png

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

I just saw this thread pop up on the new content page and I'm glad.

I'm getting to the levels where some of the more interesting ones are now more possible.

Where did the list of PvP challenges go?

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

How are we going to know that they did it correctly? What if, for instance, (I'm not saying they did this) Outsanity simply un-equipped all his weapons and armor and hit him with the punch for the kill, then switched to the prayer screen so we wouldn't see his armor? It seems fun but that's a major loophole.

matchboxtwentyf.jpg

Ii_Bows_Ii.png

Jump_GP is a fail merch clan.