A challenge for those of you who want a challenge.

smobo

Ever thought that maybe soloing the kbd is a little too easy? Are the barrows tunnels just a bit too simple? Well, here is a challenge to spice it up a little.

Here is the gist. You need to complete a task, without help from others, starting with nothing, not being able to access your bank. This forces you to have to build up some equipment, and an inventory as fast as you can, to see if you can do it faster then other people. You may be surprised what you can actually do with some items normally considered junk.

I got the idea from a bunch of places. I enjoy "running" games like mario bros, zelda ect. I find its fun finding a new way to cut down your time. I also when I was lv 20-30, used to do "wilderness raids". Where i would go in to the wildy avoiding pkers and the dangerous chaos dwarves, to see how much loot I could get out of the wilderness, one time I even got 6k in loot :o. So I fused the idea together and came up with this challange.

Now that we're beyond my lame story, here's the rules:

- You must start in lumbridge, where you spawn, wearing nothing, with nothing in your inventory.

- You are not allowed to access your bank, or the grand exchange while you're doing a challenge.

- You're not allowed to trade or use the assist system.

- You're not allowed to have anyone else deal any damage to something you're fighting.

-You can't buy an item another player sold to a store.

-You can't pick an item off the ground someone else dropped there.

-You can't harvest any of your farming produce to use during the challange, unless you planted it during the challange.

-You're not allowed to do any quests, sub quests, or mini games, including penguins. You are allowed to use quest rewards though, if you can re-obtain them.

-You're not allowed to die. Death = you need to restart.

-the F2P challenges must be done on f2p worlds.

-No holiday items. Ice necklace and the broom are exceptions, because they're quest rewards.

Some things that are allowed:

-You can deposit items in your bank via deposit box, you just can't get them back. Say you got a key half or a handful of charms you didn't need for the challenge, but you'd like to keep, feel free to chuck them in your bank via deposit box.

-You can ask friends for advice, you just can't get them to do anything for you.

Following all those things, you pretty much see how fast you can complete some task.

Task List:

F2P:

[hide="Kill a Cockroach Soldier t2b]1. Warlover 3:11

n518075719_6262702_3193444.jpg

2. Bini 4:38

2444ks9.jpg-%20cockroach%20normal

3. Walka92 5:14

soldier1k.jpg[/hide]

[hide="Kill a Lesser Demon t2b]1.kingfooo Final time: 4:51.

lesser_challenge.jpg

2. Warlover 5:10

n518075719_6262702_3193444-2.jpg

3.Great_one 5:11

lesser.png[/hide]

[hide="Kill a Greater Demon t2b]1. Outsanity 6:34

090428214803.png

2. emmace 7:49

brokemyrecord.png[/hide]

[hide=Get a hold of a fully assembled skull scepter ]If someone's done this, please slap me because I missed it when I accidently deleted it :s[/hide]

Hardcore f2p:

"Hardcore" means no praying, no lumby ring. The non hardcore one is still open, but this adds a slight more challangeness to this. Plus, for the lesser demon challenge, you have to kill one in the wilderness, just because that's more hardcore lol.

[hide="Kill a Cockroach Soldier t2b]1.Warlover 2:55

a><!-- m -->

2.sirlonewolf 9:15

id84yv.png[/hide]

[hide="Kill a Lesser Demon, in the wildy t2b]1.sirlonewolf 17:xx

2d0apfl.png[/hide]

[hide="Kill a Greater Demon t2b]1.LambShankz 15:xx

Finish.jpg

2.Lunar_Drifter 20:15

lesserChallenge006.png

3.r4ngewarlord 21:xx

greaterhardcorechallengecompleted.jpg

[hide="Get a hold of a fully assembled skull scepter t2b]1. Legolas61620 2:27:23

a><!-- m -->

((thanks to Jutyh for the idea))[/hide]

Easy:

[hide="Solo the giant mole t2b]1. ydrasil 22:32

MolefromScratch.jpg

2.Tiigon 23:50

molekill2350.png

3.Smobo 33:50

[/hide]

Medium

[hide="Solo the King Black Dragon t2b]1. Smobo - 3 hrs. (Come on people you can beat this. =p )

ronin3.png[/hide]

[hide=Solo the ChAoS eLeMeNtAl ]No one's done this one yet.[/hide]

[hide="Complete a run through barrows t2b]1.ydrasil 1:27:25

Barrows5at87-25.png

2.killre3 3:06:50

[imghttp][/hide]

[hide=Kill a Mithril Dragon]No one's done this one yet.[/hide]

[hide=Kill Bork]No one's done this one yet.[/hide]

Hard

[hide="Solo the DKs t2b]1. TheLeonardo 5:23:xx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZdXxQxMrs4&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.tip.it%2Fposting.php%3Fmode%3Dreply%26f%3D30%26t%3D791715&feature=player_embedded[/hide]

[hide=Solo Kalphite Queen]No one's done this one yet.[/hide]

[hide=Solo a Tormented demon]No one's done this one yet.[/hide]

[hide=Complete Fight Caves]No one's done this one yet.[/hide]

GWD

[hide=Solo General Graardor]No one's done this one yet.[/hide]

[hide=Solo Commander Zilyana]No one's done this one yet.[/hide]

[hide=Solo Kree'arra]No one's done this one yet.[/hide]

[hide=Solo K'ril Tsutsaroth]No one's done this one yet.[/hide]

When posting a pic, you should also put in basic outline of what you did, especially if you got something cool.

So there's my challenge. You guys should try it out, its actually quite fun, and challenging. Post your results/times here. Suggestions on it would be appreciated too.

Some tips:

[*] Don't expect to be doing a lot of these challenges with full barrows, a dfs and a whip. You're probably going to have to bottom feed off steel-addy items for a lot of them.

[*] The more achievement diaries and quests you've done, the better.

[*] Thieving is very very useful. HAM members give you steel hatchets and picks, and thieving guards or knights is a fast way to get pure cash.

[*] If you want to charter from port sarim to somewhere, its usually cheaper to go to karamja and charter from there.

[*] If you just want that extra boost of speed, train agility. The energy you recover from a few extra levels could really add up over the course of a run.

[*] Start off in a non ls world. Hopping wastes time, and its hard to find an empty ls world for soloing. Also make sure you start off with full hp, pray, and run energy.

[*] Also, before you go to all the bother of gathering everything the hard way, buy the gear you think you're going to get on the ge and go complete the task. That way you'll know if you're strategy will work before you invest a lot of time on the run.

People who helped:

[hide=pplz]Dragons_Might, I stoled lay out

Anonymouse, for the "hardcore" idea

Dullmage, stole a few ideas.

sirlonewolf[/hide]

Smobo.png

Got his first skill cape April 7th 2009, at lv 121+12 cb and 2000 total

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a challenge for you: spell "challenge" correctly.

That aside; I might try this. Later. Seems fun.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Its interesting.

But maybe have it start off with just the beginner gear.

So your allowed to buy from and sell to a shop?

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

ahh these competitions. I love these, really shows how skilled you can be with nothing. Its even better if you have a 1 week race on a new account to see who can make the most, heh. But without the use of the GE thats gotta be tough.

The only problem is you're still starting with skills, and for some people these things will be impossible without the use of req assist. I think req assist should be allowed considering you need to use skills, but still no trading or anything.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

its a good idea, but anything past the kbd, and barrows, and mith drag, will be impossible. Maybe for the gwd tasks they can use ge if they make the money themselves, no trading?

Ddddrrr

The level 92 combat barrower

guth helmx1 karil topx1 d legs x1 left half x1

Heh it looked fun and i'll maybe try it if i get bored a time. Kind of epic if you manage to solo some of the gwd monsters tough :)

kirderf123.png

99 Woodcutting 09/12/08 - 99 Cooking 13/01/09 - 99 Fletching 20/04/09 - 2,713th to 99 Construction 14/09/09

[hide=Quote]

New summon monster. You get 99 summon and complete a hard quest to gain the ability to summon Jesus, who splits the waters allowing you to walk to a new port town where you unlock the sailing skill. Obviously ;)

That was Moses you idiot.

That gets fixed in the bugfix the following week. Maybe.

[/hide]

I like this idea :) Will be fun to watch this thread. Don't think anyone'll see my own wussy self try anything, but getting a noob and see how far I can get in a week sounds fun :)

Siobhana.jpeg

Siobhana.png

Siobhana.png

Ty Jeppoz for making it. Thx to the Pup for finding it after it got lost :D And thx to Kill_Life and Turtle for the ava.

Stoltenberg, 22/7-11: "We will retaliate with more democracy" In remembrance of Oslo/Utøya. May we never forget, nor be pulled down to the level of the beast

Its interesting.

But maybe have it start off with just the beginner gear.

So your allowed to buy from and sell to a shop?

You're allowed to buy and sell to a shop, you just can only buy an item that a npc sells, nothing that was put there by a player.

Smobo.png

Got his first skill cape April 7th 2009, at lv 121+12 cb and 2000 total

umm whats the typical cb level for these "challenges"?

Excuses are tools of incompetence that builds monuments of nothingness. Those who specialize in excuses never accomplish anything.
If the world does end on December 21, 2012, I want to be doing hot stuff with Megan Fox and/or playing Runescape :D

I've never thought of doing something like this, sounds like it would be a blast to do though. maybe you could also put a list if the top 3-5 times in the original post for each challenge. I really like the idea too ::'

doogsidoof.png

Owner of a Quest cape since 9/11/08

tipit_grid2.png

It's not about the other people, its about shooting cute furry things that explode.

99 Smithing will make this easier for me than others. I should probably go power mine granite to stout mine rune and do all of these with alot less issues :P

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Cool challenge, I might try the zil one somtime when I'm extremely bored. How hard could it be?... :uhh:

Just to be clear though: Is it legal in this challenge to use PoH resources such as eagle lecterns/portal/mounted glory?

Solo General Graardor

Thats going to be a tricky one lol, maybe camp wit noob stuff tilll you get a whip from abyssals?

Personally, I solo him with a whip + defender. I seem to do better with a whip than with a GS. So it'll take some time to get a whip and maybe you need some luck at barrows and it'll take quite a long time, but it seems do-able. Maybe if you're high level, you can do it with full rune and a tortoise of food.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

this seems a good idea to challenge people who are bored on what to do ingame. however it makes it easier for high leveled people (by that i mean all the stats not just combat) as they can make alot more equipment. i know someone who has done the barrows run although he got hacked so didn't do this voluntarily. took him about 4-5 hours to get enough cash + equipment for a few runs (damn he got dh body from it aswell)

-=Zap=-

eijnnc.png

99 Woodcutting 99 Firemaking

99 Hunter 99 Agility

99 Attack 99 Hitpoints

99 Mining

people with 85 slayer can get whips to use :D

Would we be allowed to use Deposit Boxes?

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

there was once a thread like this a few years back about a guy who started with 1 GP and wanted to see how much he could turn that into just merching and ended up with a few mill pretty quickly documenting all his trades and stuff...i thought that was really cool but it would be a lot harder now with the trade limit

Free.png

@Dragonseance #1 to 200m all.

www.twitter.com/dragonseance