A challenge for those of you who want a challenge.

smobo

Its interesting.

But maybe have it start off with just the beginner gear.

So your allowed to buy from and sell to a shop?

I'm not sure if the duke will give you an anti-fire shield if you have a dragonfire shield. If he doesn't, I think the only item you should be allowed to start with is an anti-fire shield, because you can't really expect someone to sell their dragonfire shield for this, plus you pretty much start 15 seconds away. Other then that I can't see any beginner gear that wouldn't affect how the challenge is too much.

its a good idea, but anything past the kbd, and barrows, and mith drag, will be impossible. Maybe for the gwd tasks they can use ge if they make the money themselves, no trading?

I myself am trying to do the bandos solo one atm. I'm going to be fair and not use a whip. Being able to use the ge in anyway would ruin it.

ahh these competitions. I love these, really shows how skilled you can be with nothing. Its even better if you have a 1 week race on a new account to see who can make the most, heh. But without the use of the GE thats gotta be tough.

The only problem is you're still starting with skills, and for some people these things will be impossible without the use of req assist. I think req assist should be allowed considering you need to use skills, but still no trading or anything.

I'm still not sure about the req assist thing. The point of it is you do it on your own.

umm whats the typical cb level for these "challenges"?

Pretty much, I think if you could do it with all your normal gear relatively easily, you could probably pull it off.

99 Smithing will make this easier for me than others. I should probably go power mine granite to stout mine rune and do all of these with alot less issues :P

You would be surprised how hard it would still be. It took me 10 minutes to get the addy ores I needed for an addy scim.

Cool challenge, I might try the zil one somtime when I'm extremely bored. How hard could it be?... :uhh:

Just to be clear though: Is it legal in this challenge to use PoH resources such as eagle lecterns/portal/mounted glory?

I never thought about that. I would say yes, just no costume room.

people with 85 slayer can get whips to use :D

Would we be allowed to use Deposit Boxes?

Yes, you just can't take out items you put in.

Hmm it would be nice if we could devote a tab in our bank (starting with nothing in it) so we have more room than just an inventory.

Anyways, this sounds interesting and fun :thumbsup:

Half the challenge is being limited to 39 total spaces.

Smobo.png

Got his first skill cape April 7th 2009, at lv 121+12 cb and 2000 total

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But would it be quick to get a whip? This challenge is about how quick you can do it too! ;)

Anyways, I need to buy more membership to be able to participate, but I think I could do KBD in 30 mins even at my not too high stats :) The only problem are the prayer potions, too bad the Tree Spirits in Enchanted Valley aren't a super-quick source of Ranarrs anymore (used to be like 1 ranarr / 2-3 kills).

BTW, are we allowed to use Beasts of Burden?

But would it be quick to get a whip? This challenge is about how quick you can do it too! ;)

Anyways, I need to buy more membership to be able to participate, but I think I could do KBD in 30 mins even at my not too high stats :) The only problem are the prayer potions, too bad the Tree Spirits in Enchanted Valley aren't a super-quick source of Ranarrs anymore (used to be like 1 ranarr / 2-3 kills).

BTW, are we allowed to use Beasts of Burden?

They're a pain to get a hold of, but yes.

Smobo.png

I love these kind of ideas, they're pretty interesting to see, and alot of fun to do.

Tbh, you should come up with a longer list of tasks (and get suggestions), and present them like this:

[hide=Solo the King Black Dragon]Player 1 (time if kept track) (Pic if taken)

Player 2

Etc)[/hide]

Showing the task, difficulty, pic, and players who did it. (Sure its on an honor system, but the hole thing is really =\)

That is, if this takes off well (and by the posts so far it seems to). Idk you might not like it, but I think it might be cool to keep track)

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

I love these kind of ideas, they're pretty interesting to see, and alot of fun to do.

Tbh, you should come up with a longer list of tasks (and get suggestions), and present them like this:

[hide=Solo the King Black Dragon]Player 1 (time if kept track) (Pic if taken)

Player 2

Etc)[/hide]

Showing the task, difficulty, pic, and players who did it. (Sure its on an honor system, but the hole thing is really =\)

That is, if this takes off well (and by the posts so far it seems to). Idk you might not like it, but I think it might be cool to keep track)

Imma pretty much steal your idea because it owns. I was planning on doing something like this after a few people posted, but your set up is pretty nice. I'll tweak it a bit and use it. (and of course, give you credit)

Smobo.png

Lol thanks, my ideas do pwn 8-)

Inb4

[hide=Solo Corp Beast]Lol...[/hide]

Yes I had to..

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

You say purchase anything from a store as long as it was not sold by another player. Does that include skill capes? because you have to earn them and I feel if you have the skills you should be able to use them.

peace,

Vann

You say purchase anything from a store as long as it was not sold by another player. Does that include skill capes? because you have to earn them and I feel if you have the skills you should be able to use them.

peace,

Vann

Im pretty sure any infinate stock items are fine, as well as some skillcapes which arent even in shops (talk option). NOTE: Don't take my word on this one 100%, I'm just basing that off his legend's cape and addy gloves.

Whether they are or not, you still need 99k. I'm pretty sure you aren't allowed to sell on the ge as well as buy, so 99k might be a slight pain to get... (I might be wrong, just trying to answer it in case he isn't around atm)

In addition to that, maybe there are other challenges to think up besides kill this boss? (Complete some task, etc), (Maybe even like earn 1m? That would actually be a challenge, only if you aren't able to sell on the ge, and could prove fun :D ) Theres probably other things to think up as well.

sgsagssighe6.jpg

Hmm.. none of it would be THAT hard.

Even without the ability to fish sharks I could steal raw sharks from the ardougne chest or something. I can solo anything with full rune and a whip. 'spose it's an issue that I can't smith or mine rune though...

Come to think of it, I could probably kill the kq with dragonhide, a whip, and a rune c bow.

peace,

Vann

Believe it or not 99k is a hell of a lot of money doing this. Legends is a nice cape because its like 500 gp, and almost as good. But yes, if you really wanted to you could buy a skill cape.

The store rule was awkwardly worded. Its more of a "You can only buy things from a shop, if you could have if you where the only person in rs" kinda thing. So your friend can't sell something to the shop so you can buy it/

Smobo.png

KQ is even harder than graardor! I don't think I'd be able to kill her without some really good gear =X

Also, I bet she'd regenerate in the time it took to fish and cook another load of sharks.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

Care to add no teleporting? There was a thread daring people to go a week without it. :P

I would die -- if I was doing this, one of the first things I'd do is make a load of law runes so I could get around.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

I've been doing this for a day now. From what i've seen runecrafting is the most useless skill. Don't forget, no banking ess, and you start with no tallies.

Smobo.png

I've been doing this for a day now. From what i've seen runecrafting is the most useless skill. Don't forget, no banking ess, and you start with no tallies.

Runecraft isn't the most useless. Whenever I do this, I plan to start easy- barrows. Mine ess, get an inventory and craft (abyss), to useable runes for barrows. Yea its a [bleep] but its efficient enough.

sgsagssighe6.jpg

Task List:

F2P:

[hide=Kill a Cockroach Knight]No one's done this one yet.[/hide]

[hide=Kill a Lesser Demon]No one's done this one yet.[/hide]

[hide=Kill a Greater Demon]No one's done this one yet.[/hide]

Killing a Lesser and Greater Demon won't be much of a problem, Silverlight and prayer flashing (along with monk robes from the monastery), though, killing a Cockroach Knight might be a bit hard, considering they don't exist. I think that you meant Cockroach Soldier. Anyways, a nice idea, but you might want to work on your F2P list.

PS: Killing a Revenant Knight is pretty hard in F2P (even normally).

100% F2P

Bonesaw342.png

234fcb4520.png

Bonesaw342.png

Bonesaw342.png

99 Defense, Tuesday February 10th 2009

99 Attack, Tuesday May 26th 200962,189th to get it