A challenge for those of you who want a challenge.

smobo

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So just to clarify

If I took the time to gain points in Stealing Creation and bought the armor/weapon to use during my challenge; is that against the rules? Or should it be?

I would say it is against the rules, and I'd also assume that smobo would to judging by his response, but I don't see how this is any different to achievement items, so what if you can get them unlimited times, its not really like you earnt them during the challenge, but who am I to argue :|

1yrb49.jpg

So just to clarify

If I took the time to gain points in Stealing Creation and bought the armor/weapon to use during my challenge; is that against the rules? Or should it be?

I would say it is against the rules, and I'd also assume that smobo would to judging by his response, but I don't see how this is any different to achievement items, so what if you can get them unlimited times, its not really like you earnt them during the challenge, but who am I to argue :|

No I absolutely see how getting Stealing Creation items (or any for that matter) would be against the rules. All though I don't think things like Explorer Ring should be against the rules for P2p.

It seems like it's near impossible for me to get some good melee/ranged defense armor to solo all three Dagannoth Kings :wall:

Any suggestions anyone?

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

So just to clarify

-You're not allowed to do any quests, sub quests, or mini games, including penguins. You are allowed to use quest rewards though, if you can re-obtain them.

Stealing Creation is a mini game, so the Armour is off limits.

molekill2350.png

23 minutes and 50 seconds, and mole dead. :thumbsup: Sorry, no video -.- I'll do a vid later if I can do this in under 20 mins ;)

Never thought of using kp spears. Don't worry about having 1st for very long though, I'll beat your time. :evil:

Smobo.png

Got his first skill cape April 7th 2009, at lv 121+12 cb and 2000 total

I'm loving this idea, although I don't think I'll be up for the challenge.

Can I resubmit? :)

[hide=second try]brokemyrecord.png[/hide]

New time: 7 minutes and 49 seconds

Do it without prayer...

Yeah, to be honest it's a lot more interesting if prayer was ruled out for the lower levelled monsters such as Cockroaches and Demons. It makes it far too simple.

OK agreed with both of you.

But he didn't say anything about not using prayer in the rules.

So I was allowed to use prayer.

Without I would probably end up in the situation as my first try.

A bit less than an hour. Because I had a full inventory of lobsters there, I think I could have handled him.

But prayer wasn't against the rules. But I have to agree with you both because it would make the challenge a bit more challenging. :)

KADrb.png
260pifq.jpg

Sounds fun.

I'd try it but I would get raped by most monsters without prayer :cry: .

You're allowed to use prayer. Its just for the f2p section, there is two different challenges for each monster. One with prayer, and one without. P2P, prayer is fair game.

I mean with near max melee, set up gear, a really good inventory and a tort full of sharks, (not to mention my friend standing just outside the door to bless my grave), I've been trying to kill graardor w/o prayer (pro item doesn't count), and I've been having a hard time with it. I couldn't expect someone to do this with mcguivered equipment lol.

Smobo.png

What I really like about this challenge is that high levels don't necessarily mean the best time, strategy is the most important (for the higher level foes at least). :)

You have to be able to kill whatever you're killing pretty efficiently with regular gear. Like, regardless of his strategy, a lv 85 is going to have an extremely tough time soloing bandos, regardles of his strategy. I also find to get speed, you'd need higher balanced stats then one stat in particular. Someone with 90/90/90 with a high thieving, cooking, fishing, herblore and agility lv will be a lot faster then someone who's maxed combat, but with low skills.

Accomplished hardcore F2P kill a greater demon in 28 minutes

[hide=]challenge2.png[/hide]

Working on the chaos elemental now

Congrats, I added you in.

I also started a little tip section.

Smobo.png

Can we log out during the middle of a task and stop the timer? Lets say, something like fight caves for example, is going to take a VERY long time to do, and someone may not want to do it all at one time.. So what I am saying is, start the task and play for like an hour and a half, then when you log off record that time, then the next day finish it in an hour, and the total time would be 2 hours 30 minutes

Can we log out during the middle of a task and stop the timer? Lets say, something like fight caves for example, is going to take a VERY long time to do, and someone may not want to do it all at one time.. So what I am saying is, start the task and play for like an hour and a half, then when you log off record that time, then the next day finish it in an hour, and the total time would be 2 hours 30 minutes

I can't see this as a problem, just don't abuse it to recharge home tele or grow something.

Smobo.png

Awesome challenge, might feebly attempt some >.>

Btw.... just a sidenote - enhanced excalibur is a rune long that costs 500gp from lady of the lake and rune scims can be good income for cash if you alch them, zamorak warriors >.>

Btw.... just a sidenote - enhanced excalibur is a rune long that costs 500gp from lady of the lake and rune scims can be good income for cash if you alch them, zamorak warriors >.>

Excellent find!

Any idea for armor comparable to Rune? or at least better than Adam?

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

How strong is Varrock Armour 3?

Also, technically, anybody can earn enough points to gain a sacred clay set at SC and then just get that. Handy for all combat styles, so it's like carrying three types of armor at once!

Of course, they don't allow minigame items.

Varrock armor it is, then.

8f14270694.jpg

Excellent find!

Proselyte? :shock: Addy armour defence + crazy prayer bonus... if you can get 25k quickly (two alched rune scimitars are enough) that armour should do the job. Can't think of anything better right now.

Strilmus, Varrock armour 3 is equal to steel chainbody. And minigames are not allowed.

EDIT: Now I know what's probably the best amulet, it's the gnome amulet which is obtained after Tree Gnome Village. It's free, quick to obtain (spirit trees help) and gives +13 to all melee defence bonuses.

I thought enhanced excalibur was somewhere around a steel long. I'm soooo using it now.

Excellent find!

Here's what I know:

Initiate = mith + pray bonus

Prosy = addy+pray bonus

fally 3 shied = addy kite+pray bonus

slayer helm = rune full

Ram head = addy full helm

ancient mace = black mace

gadder hammer + slave (e) ~= whip + fury vs shades (though not as good as whip + salve (e))

Smobo.png