21st April 2009 - Tale of the Muspah

Hitman247m

Experienced adventurers will be familiar with Fremennik rites of passage, and the difficulties they present. Its little wonder, then, that Fremennik children are always on the lookout for an easier path to adulthood, and Erjolf is no exception. Full of enthusiasm but short on skills, Erjolf will need your assistance if he is going to impress his kinsfolk.

Join him in his quest for a trophy, unravel the puzzling story behind a curious corpse, and discover the dark secrets of one of the most fearsome races to ever walk in Gielinor. You may find one or two useful allies along the way, who are willing to lend a helping hand.

Its been great to work on a quest that involves one of RuneScapes most mysterious races, and develop a plotline thats been around since the early days of RuneScape. This is the first part of a new quest series, and paves the way for following quests.

Mod Roderick

RuneScape Content Developer

Summary:

Where to start Tale of the Muspah:

Talk to Erjolf, north-east of Rellekka, at a cave halfway up a snow-covered mountain path.

Requirements to begin Tale of the Muspah:

10 Magic

10 Woodcutting

8 Mining

6 Firemaking

20 Crafting would be an advantage

In Other News

Picking from a tree or bush has been sped up.

Several items that previously damaged you when used can no longer kill you. Don't worry, though - you can still use them to reduce your Hitpoints if you want to.

The Easter 2009 update has now been removed, and the associated music unlocked for all.

Hitman247m.png

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw mate I'm sick of these really high quest requirements, I'm gonna have to work for weeks to get these ffs :(

2376/2376 total achieved - May 2009

Retired Dec 2009

Leet! What is this race, the Mahjarrat?

To Me_Hate_Libs, if you read the thing you would know that this one is supposed to "pave the way" for them all. And they have said that they are focusing on finishing quest lines now.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

A new quest chain... cause after all, we *reall* need another one. :wall:

A quest is a quest. \'

Besides, Fremennik quests are awesome. :thumbsup:

Didn't think there would be another Fremennik quest so soon after Glorious Memories, but I'm happy.

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.

A medium level quest. Requiring stats no higher than 10...

Okay.

edit - and Olly...lawl!

The first in a series smartass ;) And yea, give it a chance first.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Aw mate I'm sick of these really high quest requirements, I'm gonna have to work for weeks to get these ffs :(

would it be weird if I said I can't start this quest yet, since I don't have all the requirements. .. If I start training now I will have them before servers are back on.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

A medium level quest. Requiring stats no higher than 10...

Okay.

edit - and Olly...lawl!

The first in a series smartass ;) And yea, give it a chance first.

I think i'm allowed to be a little underwhelmed. Here's hoping to a good storyline though!

Dark_Jab.png

The Easter 2009 update has now been removed, and the associated music unlocked for all.

So why is the easter event still there?

kirderf123.png

99 Woodcutting 09/12/08 - 99 Cooking 13/01/09 - 99 Fletching 20/04/09 - 2,713th to 99 Construction 14/09/09

[hide=Quote]

New summon monster. You get 99 summon and complete a hard quest to gain the ability to summon Jesus, who splits the waters allowing you to walk to a new port town where you unlock the sailing skill. Obviously ;)

That was Moses you idiot.

That gets fixed in the bugfix the following week. Maybe.

[/hide]

:wall: :wall: :wall:

it's late april and we haven't had a big/decent update this year yet

fml

How do you even know that without doing the quest? :shame:

And doesn't Chosen Commander, SW, all the improvements and various other updates count for anything?

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

The description of the quest had me on the edge of my seat, until I saw the requirements. I LOL'ed.

Ah well, it's a start of a coming series so I can't complain. Will do this quest tomorrow when I've finished with herblore.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

Let 1 stream open and go opposite of it to solve the first puzzle. Do this to all 3 streams and your done

EDIT: from 2 sides, you have to get a lot of rafts stuck with the rocks. In a long line, this will make that side melt.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

The Patch notes:

[hide=Patch Notes]

Mod Luke

Jagex Mod

21-Apr-2009 15:23:19

Last edited on 21-Apr-2009 15:26:03 by Mod Luke

The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game, please use the Bug Report feature ('Submit a Bug Report' under the 'Help' drop-down menu of the website).

Graphical

Fixed the animations for a leprechaun in the Wilderness.

A rendering issue with the male barbarians has been fixed.

The Hunter box trap has had its model updated.

A problem with the Castle Wars hood when shown on a chathead has been resolved.

An animation glitch with the Dagonhai robes and Zamorak cape has been fixed.

A rendering problem with a devious monk has been fixed.

Rendering issues with the Halloween mask and pumpkin head have been resolved.

The pyrelord chathead has been improved.

The colour of the labels on the newcomer map has been changed to make them easier to read.

A glitch with the lock picking animation has been resolved.

Resolved a rendering issue where your feet would disappear underneath the floor of the combat ring and when standing on a rug in someones house.

Prevented a problem whereby an animation would not play if you were moving while reading from a prayer book.

Rat Burgiss's beard was looking odd on his chathead. A quick trip to the Falador barber later, and his problem has been sorted.

Resolved an animation problem with the Rogue Trader top when worn by female characters and with the Stealing Creation platebody when performing an emote.

A rendering issue has been fixed with the red salamander when held by a player.

Quests

You can now discuss more of the quests you have completed with Juna when telling her stories.

Ensured you don't have a skull icon above your head during parts of Chosen Commander and that you do if you've been skulled prior to taking a balloon ride.

A couple of cutscenes in the Giant Dwarf quest have been updated so that you can 'Click to continue'.

Razmire now stops being one of the afflicted after you have completed Shades of Mort'ton.

Minigames

Ensured that the correct attack options are displayed outside of the Duel Arena.

Ensured that the Blast Furnace correctly depletes your run energy while training Agility.

Resolved a delaying issue with the Fist of Guthix and Stealing Creation waiting rooms.

You will now lose the correct number of druid pouches when attacked by ghasts in the Temple Trekking and Burgh de Rott Ramble minigames.

It is no longer possible to perform any type of attack from within the cloud hiding spot in Stealing Creation.

The Enchant Bolts spell can no longer be used in Soul Wars.

Improved the logic for the stairs in Castle Wars.

Miscellaneous

Various interfaces have been reworked for better compatibility with existing languages.

The remove option in your house should now give you a warning for removing the cage from around a flame pit.

Zanik's Crossbow is now properly affected by several more items marked by the gods.

A few music tracks are now correctly alphabetised, without taking into account any prepositions or articles such as 'The' or 'A'.

The Withdraw-X feature in the bank has been fixed so that it no longer searches for the last number you entered.

Prevented an error with the text on the bank tabs.

Slayer task lists now correctly cater for players with less than level 60 Agility and Strength, as well as players that cannot access ghouls if they haven't completed Priest in Peril.

Some typos have been fixed in, among others, Chosen Commander, Account Creation, the sergeant in Burthorpe and the Gnome restaurant minigame.

Ensured that the Varrock Lumberyard can only be accessed by players on a members world.

The guards in the Khazard Fight Arena and Froono (one of the gnome children) will now address you by your correct gender.

The granite mace has been added to the Attack skill guide.

Fixed a bug in the Phoenix Lair that was preventing the phoenixs death cutscene from playing.

Fixed a problem that occurred when rooms in your house were built above a garden.

Fixed a problem with quick chat that would show the wrong Fist of Guthix rating while in the minigame.

A number of songs have been prevented from overriding manual selections.

Improved the Enchant Bolt interface.

[/hide]

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Let 1 stream open and go opposite of it to solve the first puzzle. Do this to all 3 streams and your done

Puzzles!? Sad face. :cry:

Puzzle quests are so dull (to me). Hope it doesn't turn into a 'trend' with this storyline. Then again I haven't done the quest yet, so it might actually be fun. :lol:

- Zanik's Crossbow is now properly affected by several more items marked by the gods.

What does that mean?

Does Zanik's Crossbow count as a Bandos item in the God Wars Dungeon? Or is it just some prayer bonus bug..

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.

LOL :lol:

But on a serious note, it sound like it might be good.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

A medium level quest. Requiring stats no higher than 10 *...

Okay.

edit - and Olly...lawl!

and double edit - *20 Crafting though is HARDCORE!

Medium LENGTH. The quest itself is rated "novice" which seems just about right. And since it's the first in a series of quests, starting off small is just logical.

Although I'd like to see quest requirements get up a bit, in general. And I do hope they will still finnish up old quest lines that have been laying around for too long.

Next week should be "fixes" so another worthless month. This time I ain't gonna renew until something good is put into the game. :thumbdown:

Have you tried the quest yet? No, you havent.

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

I'll not lie I love fremmy quests, but this one seems a bit side ways.

Trails unlocked the helms, Isles ice trolls and neitz and glorious memories opened the chance of a mountain daughter/fremmy/Miscellania super quest.

This one looks like its just going to start or add a little to the super quest, having said that I'll do the quest and find out soon enough.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]