Do YOU Pirate Music?

Maze

I'm actually about to go use Limewire right now.

Limewire fails.

Except for getting you any song for free in a few seconds.

And a virus every other song.

Never gotton a virus from downloading songs, and my family has probably done well over a thousand.

"Every other song"?

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually about to go use Limewire right now.

Limewire fails.

Except for getting you any song for free in a few seconds.

Right, because you can obviously find every song on Limewire.. :thumbdown:

And am I wrong in assuming that people who buy all their music are either rich or listen to little music? (Little= less than 1500 songs)

Also, to all you iTunes users, your DRM music is gonna spoil.

mssigqc5.jpgI do English to Japanese and Japanese to English translation for free! Just keep it under 5 sentences, and PM me to use my fluency in Japanese to your advantage!

I download songs nowadays only for use on a BTEC music course or for my mum to use as a School Teacher. I've had to learn 20+ songs from 10 or more different artists and I don't have the cash to buy an album for each of them only to listen to a few times. I hate legal MP3 downloads as well as barely any money gets to the artist and I don't have any hard copies at the end of it either. All the artists have been The Beatles, Elvis... etc though so it's not like I'm robbing some indie artist who's living a regular life.

I started buying CD's about 2 years ago and I've easily got 70+ now, mainly metal/ rock artists who don't really have a lot of cash even if they are managing to actively go on tour such as Devin Townsend.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

Yes. Yes I do. Me and my 9 year old brother are both adept at torrenting :thumbup: Though I usually use Limewire for music. It's either download the music and listen to it, or not listen to it at all. I don't have any money really that I would spare on music.

I love the 'The pirates are out to get you! Don't let them brand you with your mark!' thing on DVD's and that about piracy :lol: With these butch piratey dudes around a fire poking stacks of DVD's and CD's and making them explode with a hot poker :lol: And the 'You wouldn't steal a car! You wouldn't steal a handbag!' It's just awesome that you only get all these on films that have been bought legally :lol:

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Oh, man. I hate "you wouldn't steal a care, you wouldn't steal a handbag" stuff. Jesus, I buy all my movies, and still I'm forced to see this burned in commercial (you can't skip it!).

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

And the 'You wouldn't steal a car! You wouldn't steal a handbag!'
I would!

Dohoho, aren't I just so funny?

Anyway, yeah, most of the artists I 'steal' from have CDs that are out of print, or extortionate import charges on their CDs. Even on eBay, some can fetch up to about £50, which is still extortionate for a CD; if it were the vinyl release of said album, I wouldn't mind at all.

Oh, man. I hate "you wouldn't steal a care, you wouldn't steal a handbag" stuff. Jesus, I buy all my movies, and still I'm forced to see this burned in commercial (you can't skip it!).

Yeah, I think they hope that anyone who distributes that film illegally will leave it in, or pay attention (as if).

Its kind of a slap in the face for us though, we went out and bought it, and then they're telling us that?

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Yeah, I think it's funny how half the time pirated movies don't have those sorts of things in them. Love it.

Plus, what if the person did steal cars and handbags? That ad would just inspire them on a film-stealing spree.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Pc0mfw4EFEU

Pc0mfw4EFEU

I laughed to be honest.

Piracy is on par with murder? My arse.

Oh, and I forgot to mention this earlier, but on most films I buy now, you can infact skip the messages and such that warns that Piracy is a crime. I lol'd first time I did that.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Its from a tv show called Boondocks. Yes it is probably making fun of those commercials.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I don't pirate music. I download it for free off of the internet from people who may or may not be pirates themselves.

pi·rate

3. To make use of or reproduce (another's work) without authorization.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

I've just realised that this is a [bleep]ing pointless thread. Call me slow, or whatever.

Everyone has at LEAST downloaded one album, or one SONG, since they got an Internet connection. It's just that some seem to think they have something to gain by hiding it. So, simply put, nobody really cares if you've downloaded anything. It's pretty basic human nature: take what you can for free. I'm not saying it's the right thing to do, but we've all downloaded music illegally at some point.

I've just realised that this is a [bleep] pointless thread. Call me slow, or whatever.

Everyone has at LEAST downloaded one album, or one SONG, since they got an Internet connection. It's just that some seem to think they have something to gain by hiding it. So, simply put, nobody really cares if you've downloaded anything. It's pretty basic human nature: take what you can for free. I'm not saying it's the right thing to do, but we've all downloaded music illegally at some point.

Yeah, I know this one person who claims that he has never downloaded a song online before. But he didn't have any trouble hesitating to receive songs from me over MSN - even then he'd say "I've never downloaded a song." :|

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Its from a tv show called Boondocks. Yes it is probably making fun of those commercials.

Yeah it's from the boondocks, love that show. :thumbup:

Yeah it's from the boondocks, love that show. :thumbup:

It is an awesome show, which I pirated. :lol:

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

DRM is [cabbage]. :twisted: Limewire, baaaby! \' Although I had to take it off my computer and now scrounge around on Google or just YouTube it... But I have like a couple hundred songs plus a couple dozen I got from scrounging.

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

Yup, I do. It is wrong, but I can justify it to myself.

In Canada, and most European countries, it IS NOT illegal. Court cases and the law prove my point over and over: the record companies are not the law.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.