Do YOU Pirate Music?

Maze

Yep. I don't go crazy with it though, couple songs here and there that are hard to find is pretty much all. If I enjoy the music, chances are I'll go and buy the CD. Although if there's only a few songs I'd like, I'll probably just download it from somewhere. :thumbup:

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know professional bands who do. I heard the bands make little money off of the CDS.

All the bands I would pirate music from I support directly or are millionaires.

My pure's stats:

str:70

attc:35

def:4

range:72

mage:70

hp:70

Pirating is a cultural norm now, they're never going to stop it

It could happen, you know DVDs that have safeties on them so you can't put them on your comp or copy them.

My pure's stats:

Here's my justification.

Walking into a store and running off with a CD is wrong. It costs the company money to produce the physical disc and box.

When you download from the internet, you're not getting anything physical. It does not cost anyone money. Therefore nothing is being stolen.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Yup, I do. It is wrong, but I can justify it to myself.

In Canada, and most European countries, it IS NOT illegal. Court cases and the law prove my point over and over: the record companies are not the law.

Whoa, I definitely want some proof on how it is legal to pirate in Canada. Please.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

Whoa, I definitely want some proof on how it is legal to pirate in Canada. Please.

In a shocking Federal Court decision handed down last week, Justice Konrad von Finckenstein declared that the music industry did not provide sufficient evidence to warrant unmasking the identities of these and 25 other suspected music file swappers. The Canadian Recording Industry Association - a lobby group representing the country's major record labels - had asked the court to order ISPs such as Sympatico and Videotron to reveal the names and contact information of suspected swappers in order to serve them with lawsuits for copyright infringement. (Nearly 2,000 people have been sued in a similar manner in the U.S.)

Not only did the judge refuse the order, citing privacy concerns and a lack of evidence showing the accused were actively distributing copyrighted songs, he also ruled that uploading songs to networks such as Kazaa does not constitute copyright infringement. This, combined with a Copyright Board decision that downloading music is legal under Canadian law, has led many observers to declare that file sharing - both the uploading and downloading of free music files to and from the Internet - is now legal in Canada.

"It is now abundantly clear, if it was not before, that downloading songs from the Internet for personal use and merely making them available to others is not infringement of copyright in Canada," said Howard Knopf, the lawyer

representing the Canadian Internet Policy and Public Interest Clinic, who argued against the music industry in the case.

Also this.

[hide=]750px-Piracygood.jpg[/hide]

That would get rid of a lot of jobs though

Its a joke....

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Yep.

Just downloaded limewire 5, its quite good as long as i remember to scan everything i download.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Pirating is a cultural norm now, they're never going to stop it

It could happen, you know DVDs that have safeties on them so you can't put them on your comp or copy them.

Which are easily broken in the end.

probably true, concerts still can make a bit though.

My pure's stats:

I pirated music for a bit until one of my friends got a huge fine from his internet provider for pirating music, and almost got his internet cancelled (like a $5,000 fine)... So, I don't anymore :)

I'd rather buy the CD though, I like having the album.

Who was the ISP?

I pirated music for a bit until one of my friends got a huge fine from his internet provider for pirating music, and almost got his internet cancelled (like a $5,000 fine)... So, I don't anymore :)

I'd rather buy the CD though, I like having the album.

Who was the ISP?

I thought it was Comcast, just because thats what most people around my area have, but it might not have been because I've never heard of that happening to anyone else with Comcast. I think most ISP's have that policy, but many either can't find if you have been pirating, or just don't really enforce it maybe.