Do YOU Pirate Music?

Maze

Wongtong i've read the same or similar article just yesterday :D

I download all my music and i don't care if musical industry is getting less money because of that. They're not going to get any from me!

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

95% of the time I buy it, and sometimes I just download it, if I like it I still buy it later. Sometimes I even share a couple of songs. :o

Runescapeloser: I think I've done it at least 10 times before, you just get tired of it. Besides, I have three downloaded albums on my computer so I haven't got the right to talk anymore.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I'm not proud of it, but I've downloaded a bit lately. Most of the music I own is still in my CD collection, though.

Someone sent me a link to a news article that claimed, 'People who pirate music are 10 times more likely to buy the actual thing' or something along those lines.

I wouldn't be surprised. It's only when I started listening to music that I didn't own that I started to build a CD collection.

I'd put it down to people having no faith in whether a CD will be good or not; you can't tell until you sample the music, and you're bound to find something you want to buy when you start listening to copyrighted material. It's an interesting moral predicament...

Yes. All 16 gigabytes of it.

I torrent full albums; downloading individual songs is, in my view... silly.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Yes.

I'm not going to try and morally justify it or anything. I just do.

Yes.

And I like how nobody argues with him, just because it's Nadril. If it was some other kid all you guys would be all over him.

Nobody else has jumped on anyone in this thread.

downloading individual songs is, in my view... silly.

Sometimes a band has only a limited number of good songs or the songs you like...

But yes, i prefer downloading whole albums too =] If i don't like all the songs, i just delete them =P

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

Yes. All 16 gigabytes of it.

Downloading song by song would take a long while. I have ~60 gigabytes of music on my computer now, in ~10800 files, with a few albums covers here and there, so around 10000 songs. Downloading those song by song would not only increase the chance of a virus, but it would also take me way too long and it would take a long time to organise it all.

2j3qh46.jpg

Absolutely, musicians don't make as much off an album as you might think. They make money off touring. I go to concerts, pay them well worth their while and download their music.

Eeexactly. Albums are much more for their managers and that company.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Sometimes a band has only a limited number of good songs or the songs you like...

But yes, i prefer downloading whole albums too =] If i don't like all the songs, i just delete them =P

As the great Elton John says, "Listening (or downloading in our case) to a single song is like trying to appreciate a single brush stroke from the Mona Lisa."

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

No. This post from Ultimate Guitar sums up my opinion nicely:

PIRATING DOESN'T JUST HURT THE ARTISTS THE DOWNLOAD:

With so many people stealing music, record companies just don't care about signing talented musicians anymore because their music won't make any money. All they care about is sellout musicians who do merchandise and TV spots and all that crap. When you download a successful band's music, they don't really get hurt. The pain is felt by the amazing band that plays at a bar every weekend and will never go past that because they don't care about making T-shirts.

wl7w9j.png

Haven't downloaded a song ever since I started using Spotify 6 months ago. Before that however, I downloaded quite a lot of music, but in my defense I've always bought music as well. I've ordered 8 albums just this past week. I can say with certainty that I wouldn't have bought close to the amount of music I've done growing up if it wasn't for pirating. I probably wouldn't be going to concerts either, or play guitar.

2009rb9.jpg

LOL

Anyway, I will download on Itunes once in a while, but I would rather support businesses like F.Y.I who can sell some really good cds.

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

Please don't elect this man for president in 2012

I download music, i'm 16, I don't have a job and the money I save up goes towards clothes, jewellery, presents for friends and my social life. I shouldn't really do it but, ahwell.

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

youknowhowilovemygeekyandnerdyguys-1.png

Besides, those guys are rich enough already, amirite? Not trying to justify it, but why does anyone want to protect there hundred acre forest when all I need is a twig?

You're right. A musician should love what he/she does. If he/she can get the basic needs and a bit more for some luxury, why would you need millions upon millions of dollars?

I do that because most I'll ever have is 1gb of music. I'm not a big fan of music like everybody else is, so I don't want to pay overpriced songs.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Here let me be the first to justify why I pirate music. I have no intentions of buying any of my music, so if I didn't pirate it I simply wouldn't listen to it, thus nobody's losing any money.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

Never payed for a song.

Seriously, what's the point? I only download music from Limewire to use in the background in videos, and everything else can be seen on Youtube. This is a battle the companies won't win.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Now, I don't listen to music except on YouTube, so this question is irrelevant for me. However, here's the way I see it: I own my hard drive and I can put whatever numbers in whatever order that I like, on it.

downloadcommunism.jpg

Pic related, lol.

Hm... I guess that means I should start downloading music!

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.