The Running Thread

noble_aloof

I probably won't be starting on Friday since I need to get a physical on the date that the practice is on, hopefully I can get cleared on the same day but I doubt it...I won't be practicing till next week :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey everyone. im surprised to see there haven't been any new posts. i'm thinking of updating the first post

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

How do you relax when you run?

i try to regulate breathing and not think about it. if you keep your mind on other things it is very easy

As we're nearing the end of our 700 mile summer, we're doing 70+ miles a week. :thumbup:

holy cow =D>

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

My first meet is tomorrow. Damn.

Lucky...

I finally started the actual training for Cross country. did 4-5 300's to see where we were at and everyone is Sub 6's and most of the guys are sub 5.

Just under 5 if I can hold that pace...Which I likely can't for now...

Lucky...

I finally started the actual training for Cross country. did 4-5 300's to see where we were at and everyone is Sub 6's and most of the guys are sub 5.

Just under 5 if I can hold that pace...Which I likely can't for now...

As in 300M? That doesn't seem like a very good distance to judge XC runners by :|

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

How do you relax when you run?

I sing during training, think lyrics when competing (well, at football, same diff). I find come game time I breathe easier as I'm so used to expending all this extra air. It obviously doesn't boost performance, but it's a comfort thing

SoLawny.png

Broke my heel on sunday :( Another few months of swimming and weights :(

ouch, how?

Well it's over. 29th out of 89.

what was your time?

i think we might be having a meet on saturday between us and the other team in our cluster. i'm not sure though.

playing a practice match footy, trying to recover from injuries funnily enough. I got tackled and thrown into the post, hit it with my foot, broke my calcaneus :( As well as some achilles tendon damage.

SoLawny.png

Soccer tryouts start tomorrow - and there's going to be a lot of running. But I haven't really run this summer, and at Captains Practices we ran a lot less than we should have. I'm a good enough runner, I'm sure I'll be fine - but I really hope I make it :(

Question: When I eat bananas to help with cramps, should I be eating them for breakfast before I run, or some other time. Probably a stupid question, but I just wanna make sure.

Eating a banana 30 minutes to an hour before you run helps.

Ran in the rain today. 15 minute warmup,30 minute uptempo (6 minute miles) and a 15 minute cooldown, all in a downpour <3:

Ran in the rain too (IL :P )

we did 1000 meter tempos...

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Ran in the rain today. 15 minute warmup,30 minute uptempo (6 minute miles) and a 15 minute cooldown, all in a downpour <3:

Oh that's right, you live somewhere near Chicago, right? Me, you, and Pinkbullet are all semi-neighbors.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

How do you guys get in the mood to run? A lot of times on race days I'm not feelin it.

[bleep]. today we had scrimmage with just our team and i was not feelin it at all.. i finished 9th out of maybe 20 when honestly i could have pulled off 7th. it was a two mile race with plenty of hills. my first mile was 6:10 and my race overall was 12:50.. not happy with my [bleep]es either :thumbdown:

Oh that's right, you live somewhere near Chicago, right? Me, you, and Pinkbullet are all semi-neighbors.

Yep ::'

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

I have my first cross country meet on Friday. I believe the course is 2.1 miles with a couple of hills. I'm looking forward to participating in my first cross country race. :thumbsup:

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!