Hurricane Katrina

uber_n00blet

Can we blame them, though?

These people, these "scum."

They are the bottom of the food chain. They sit on the lowest end of our social spectrum. A majority of them are direct descendents of poor, black, african slaves. They are subsidized by our government and forgotten about. They have known nothing but generations and generations of poverty, and crime.

New Orleans has one of the highest crime rates, both the public and those in the government. The crime rates increase, so the police force must compensate. They give badges to the people who were committing the crimes they are arresting people for just weeks earlier. This is all they know. Their entire lives are based in this area, and a majority of them have never seen anything else. It's a bit sad that no matter what they do, how hard they work, or how hard they try, they will never escape the poverty that they live in. Until now.

Katrina is over, for the most part, and there is little anyone can do to stop the storm, because obviously it has already passed. But maybe now we can give these people a new future. Maybe for someone, Katrina was the best thing that ever happened to them.

You can blame the government all day, but at least be fair. I don't like George Bush, never have, and I think he is a fool. However, that does not change the fact that EVERYONE, state-local-AND-federal agencies are all to blame. We must move on and out of this blame, and try and do what we can NOW, to save lives. I think the worst thing anyone can do right now, is nothing.

Look into donating for UMCOR. Over 95% of the money you donate is directly given back to the people, where as the RedCross/SalvationArmy return rate is something like 60%. (I'm not saying they are crooks, but just letting you know how to get the best bang for your buck) Alot of us may not have extra money to just donate, so maybe you can give your time. I'm volunteering at the Red Cross, and there are refugees coming in by the THOUSANDS. I live in San Antonio TX, about 2.5hours West of Houston, and all over Texas we are already seeing tons of refugees.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[bleep], there is nobody to "blame" other than Katrina. Bad things happen, and people should just realize that without needing to pin the blame to someone.

And I think its time for black leaders to stop pulling the damn race card, looters and people that shoot at their damn rescuers are scum and deserve to be treated like so, no matter what ethnicity they are.

:? Hmm went on albinoblack sheep, and they arent always just for flash and other funny stuff. This is what i found on the front page. And i think its disgusting what some people do in articles....

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/racistnews

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

:? Hmm went on albinoblack sheep, and they arent always just for flash and other funny stuff. This is what i found on the front page. And i think its disgusting what some people do in articles....

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/racistnews

the Associated Press is liberal and waaay to much into equal rights, so I seriously doubt this is a real article, if not edited..

- Only character in Runescape History maxed out in RSC and RS2

x843.png

The wife of former president Bush has quite an interesting view on the evacuees' plight...

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001054719

In a segment at the top of the show on the surge of evacuees to the Texas city, Barbara Bush said: "Almost everyone IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve talked to says we're going to move to Houston."

Then she added: "What IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m hearing which is sort of scary is they all want to stay in Texas. Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality.

"And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this--this (she chuckles slightly) is working very well for them."

Click here

"BUNGLING Barbara Bush yesterday claimed poverty-stricken refugees who lost everything in Hurricane Katrina are actually better off thanks to the devastating floods.

The 80-year-old former first lady piled more pressure on her under fire son George's administration by declaring that the victims are so happy in their makeshift camps they would rather stay than go back to their impoverished communities.

Her gaffe came after a visit with husband George Snr to the Astrodome stadium in Houston, Texas, where thousands of evacuees from New Orleans and other affected areas are being housed.

Barbara chuckled as she said: "So many of the people here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this is working very well for them.

"What I'm hearing, which is sort of scary, is they all want to stay in Texas. Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality. Almost everyone I've talked to says: 'We're going to move to Houston'."

Many of the refugees are anxiously waiting for news of missing loved ones. Their homes have been destroyed and families shattered by the hurricane that hit southern America last week."

Barbara Bush is scared by the fact that the evacuees want to move to her state and says that the hurricane made them better off. This just goes to show you how out of touch with reality those sheltered, wealthy aristocrats are.

People are over there literally dieing in the streets, and Bush wont send help immedietly. But he was pretty hasty to send troops to Iraq, wasn't he..? This is on our own dam back-door... :x

Burn in hell, Bush.....

ok, how could he have made it any faster? Instead of saying " burn in hell" explain what he could have done to make it better. The supplies are there now, and he even visited. From my point of view it looks like food supplies are getting in there. There is always going to be people dying and starving in a situation like this, and then people like you expect the supplies to be magically teleported there :roll: . Do you think it takes absolutely no time to get all the supplies and national guard ready, and then transport it down there? Stop looking for someone to blame in a natural disaster, I could see if the supplies had taken weeks, but they didnt.

btw: the troops going over too Iraq was debated and talked about and took much longer for the troops to get to iraq than to get to N.O.

(pardon my terrible grammer through out this whole thing because I was typing fast and had to get going :?)

lope6jw0.jpg

ok, how could he have made it any faster? Instead of saying " burn in hell" explain what he could have done to make it better. The supplies are there now, and he even visited. From my point of view it looks like food supplies are getting in there. There is always going to be people dying and starving in a situation like this, and then people like you expect the supplies to be magically teleported there :roll: . Do you think it takes absolutely no time to get all the supplies and national guard ready, and then transport it down there? Stop looking for someone to blame in a natural disaster, I could see if the supplies had taken weeks, but they didnt.

btw: the troops going over too Iraq was debated and talked about and took much longer for the troops to get to iraq than to get to N.O.

(pardon my terrible grammer through out this whole thing because I was typing fast and had to get going :?)

the whole dark blue color thing sucks. i dont know why people fidn the need to change color and make it hard to read for people with different forum themes.

anyways, i agree. bush declares a bill or something giving the people down there 10billion or so, then it takes a week for congress to pass. then bush gets the rap.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Here is how you can help: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9115520/

Plenty of links to places you can donate to on that.

Ya, for us that are not able to help directly, donating money is the best way we can help. And if you don't have money, go to http://www.thehungersite.com to donate money for free. The amount is not much at all, but still going there everyday can make a difference and you can give money without paying just by clicking.

zippil6wp.png

Thanks for the sig, Runesmithie :)

RIP Steve Irwin

chicks on the inside so they would've get rapped or whatever. And if anyone of them needed to go anywhere they were acompanied by 3 of the guys.

To think you need that kind of protection just to go to do something simple like the bathroom is rather scary.

America's a pretty [bleep]ed up place I want to know why is it thats Amercicans are such trouble makers just because theres no law enforcment a large number of them start looting (for food is diffrent), rapeing, killing.

In Australia we have almost no police (in comparison) yet even when that is removed their is still some oppotunists but nothing on the scale of America.

Chicks never require 3 guys for protection.

It also only takes us 2days to evacuate.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

Ya, for us that are not able to help directly, donating money is the best way we can help. And if you don't have money, go to http://www.thehungersite.com to donate money for free. The amount is not much at all, but still going there everyday can make a difference and you can give money without paying just by clicking.

Mmmm I have real issues on site like that. I know they do help to an extent but nothing can really compare to giving hard cash. Sites such as those "click to donate" pages merly create slacktivists. People that think they are doing good, and feel better about themselves for doing it but in reality arnt doing anyhting at all. The people that click those sites are generally the same kinds of people that fill out online petitions all the time.

They really do bugger all. Its the search for the ultimate feel-good that derives from having come to society's rescue without having had to actually gets one's hands dirty or open one's wallet

If you really want to help then open your wallet and give what you can, if you cant afford to give money then maybe you can afford to give your time to help out some of the charities.

Collect clothing and shoes to sent to the people affected. Perhaps you can do some find raising events with some friends. Do something real instead of clicking a button on a website because in the time youve turned on your computer, connected to the net and gone to hungersite.com and raised a whopping $0.01 for charity I could have washed a neighbours car or cut their grass and raised $5.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Mmmm I have real issues on site like that. I know they do help to an extent but nothing can really compare to giving hard cash. Sites such as those "click to donate" pages merly create slacktivists. People that think they are doing good, and feel better about themselves for doing it but in reality arnt doing anyhting at all. The people that click those sites are generally the same kinds of people that fill out online petitions all the time.

They really do bugger all. Its the search for the ultimate feel-good that derives from having come to society's rescue without having had to actually gets one's hands dirty or open one's wallet

If you really want to help then open your wallet and give what you can, if you cant afford to give money then maybe you can afford to give your time to help out some of the charities.

Collect clothing and shoes to sent to the people affected. Perhaps you can do some find raising events with some friends. Do something real instead of clicking a button on a website because in the time youve turned on your computer, connected to the net and gone to hungersite.com and raised a whopping $0.01 for charity I could have washed a neighbours car or cut their grass and raised $5.

Ya, what you said is true and I totally agree. Of course donating money straight to charities are more effective and can help soooo much more. I'm not saying people should feel good just by clicking, and of course everyone should try to actually work in real life to make a difference. I don't feel much better about myself because I always click, but it's just that everytime I go on the computer, I usually go to sites like these, cause it takes like a second to click.

zippil6wp.png

Thanks for the sig, Runesmithie :)

RIP Steve Irwin

• 9 months later...

Ok, ppl need to make post on this.

Current Cost: 125,000,000,000 (compaired to 18,000,000,000 with Andrew)

It has been over 6 months since the hurricane and the coast looks not much better. However, there has been a good deal of econimy for the situation.

New Orleans- well, lets just say I don't know how there going to get out of this. There are thousands of people who can't even afford flood insurance who have been flooded.

Guest GhostRanger
lol nice dude you really are an idiot..

lmao 9 MONTHS AFTER THE LAST POST dude rly you need to get banned from tip.it for the spam of a topic that was lost 9 months ago

The funny thing is, it might have been random, but he did add some information to the post, and who says this post isn't important? Our rules clearly say:

You may bump a topic in the Marketplace or a very important thread elsewhere, but not whilst the thread is still on the first page of the forum.

The FUNNIER thing about your post is that you called him an idiot. And our rules say, even more clearly, this:

Intentionally posting false arguments, flames or personal attacks for no other purpose than to incite a negative reaction, annoy others or disrupt a discussion is also prohibited.

Maybe you're the one that needs to familiarize yourself with the rules...

anyways, not much dealing with Katrina has really changed since then, I know, I've been on the coast.

And as for Bush-

All of this is just a blame game. Would you like to try to lead thousands of troops to the coast just to find they were blown away in the storm themselves? And the late arival? You try moving thousands of troops period.

Hurricane Katrina quite frankly proved how the bush administration cant handle a disaster for crap

I seriously doubt Kerry or anyone else would've done any better.

This topic is a little old :S

However, it wasn't bumped with spam - the post was useful. We'll see what happens yet.

summerpngwy6.jpg

Hurricane Katrina quite frankly proved how the bush administration cant handle a disaster for crap

Maybe they didn't want to handle the disaster well, maybe they wanted it to go all wrong so they could do a marshall law drill and an excuse to take away American's second amendment rights.

Guest GhostRanger

Maybe they didn't want to handle the disaster well, maybe they wanted it to go all wrong so they could do a marshall law drill and an excuse to take away American's second amendment rights.

Now why would a Republican administration want to take away the most Republican supported amendment? :wink:

Now why would a Republican administration want to take away the most Republican supported amendment? :wink:

Just because neocons claim to be supporters of Republican ideals doesn't mean they actually do.