Harry Potter vs. Twilight

IeatWindex

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because, they deal with the aspect of teenage love. In the style of an older woman's fantasy.

You mean how the two aren't really in love but dependent on each other. I've read the first Twilight, that wasn't love. That was superficial dependency that was overall just weird and obsessive.

Sounds a bit like some teenage love to me.

Plus I said it was in the style of Meyer's fantasy.

I'm surprised no one's brought up the fact that in the movie (Twilight) Edward (lead vampire) is portrayed as the creepy loner of the school, who keeps to himself and doesn't talk to many people. You next see him staring at Bella (love interest, vampire fanatic) sa she sleeps. She's never even had a real xonversation with the guy. The first real bit of dialogue in the movie involves him admitting that he has been watching her sleep for months. WTF. Which reminds me that the Twilight movie's dialogue sounded like it was written by a stoned toddler. But how is this "teenage love" ?

I have a personal vendetta against that scene though...my little sister bought an Edward poster, proceeded to draw hearts all over it, tack it over her bed and write on her ceiling "I love watching you sleep". I find this to be creepy as all get out.

I vote Harry Potter a second time.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Because, they deal with the aspect of teenage love. In the style of an older woman's fantasy.

You mean how the two aren't really in love but dependent on each other. I've read the first Twilight, that wasn't love. That was superficial dependency that was overall just weird and obsessive.

I'm surprised no one's brought up the fact that in the movie (Twilight) Edward (lead vampire) is portrayed as the creepy loner of the school, who keeps to himself and doesn't talk to many people. You next see him staring at Bella (love interest, vampire fanatic) sa she sleeps. She's never even had a real xonversation with the guy. The first real bit of dialogue in the movie involves him admitting that he has been watching her sleep for months. WTF. Which reminds me that the Twilight movie's dialogue sounded like it was written by a stoned toddler. But how is this "teenage love" ?

I have a personal vendetta against that scene though...my little sister bought an Edward poster, proceeded to draw hearts all over it, tack it over her bed and write on her ceiling "I love watching you sleep". I find this to be creepy as all get out.

That is really really creepy. D:

You non-hot people don't seem the fully grasp what us hot people have- the power to make even the creepiest of situations sexy.

who'm I kidding. That's [bleep]ing creepy.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

My apologies.

I said it was one aspect of it. The aspect that rarely comes and nobody friggin' wants.

[sarcasm]Oh but you know, its okay because he loves her.[/sarcasm]

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

It just makes me sad that Meyer set her [cabbage] of a series in my home state :cry:

Why couldn't she have used like Alaska or something, maybe even Oregon.

[hide=99s]47,297th to 99 Attack, 12/10/08
47,898th to 99 Hitpoints, 3/29/09
78,286th to 99 Strength, 4/5/09
36,125th to 99 Range, 6/7/09, 12:30 in the morning.
70,280th to 99 Defence, 4/16/10
67,781st to 99 Magic, 8/13/10
Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)
169,099th to 99 Cooking , 4/9/11
Idk what to 99 fm at some point
Idk what to 99 prayer on 1/28/2012

?? 99 thieving 12/30/2015

?? 99 herblore 1/2/2016, ?? 99 dungeoneering 9/5/2016[/hide]

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

It just makes me sad that Meyer set her [cabbage] of a series in my home state :cry:

Why couldn't she have used like Alaska or something, maybe even Oregon.

Same here. Oregon doesn't get enough attention, let's send 'em there.

That is really really creepy. D:

Believe me when i say im very, very sorry.

GG.gif

I'd Vote Discoworld.

(Harry potter t'is better than Twiglet though. (So much so That I will not spell it right. :l))

No.png

CLICK THE IMAGE TO GO TRY SHARK ATTACK DANGIT.

• 4 weeks later...

What careers did Harry Potter and the others end up with? What are Harry Potter, Hermione, Ron and Ginny's jobs as adults. The author told someone in an interview, but I missed it. Does anyone else think it's stupid that in a set of books about someones life and what happens to them, that this was left out, or am I over thinking this whole thing?

market samurai ~ marketsamurai ~ marketsamurai.com

What careers did Harry Potter and the others end up with? What are Harry Potter, Hermione, Ron and Ginny's jobs as adults. The author told someone in an interview, but I missed it. Does anyone else think it's stupid that in a set of books about someones life and what happens to them, that this was left out, or am I over thinking this whole thing?

lol @ random bump?

OT: Harry Potter along with any good series doesn't explain the entire life story of the main character for many a reason. Trust me, I wouldn't want to read about Harry's entire life. Especially after the fall of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. There'd be no conflict. And no conflict makes for a boring as hell story. And yes infact, JK Rollings did put an epilogue into the 7th book. Thank the lord it was only a few pages. It was really cliche, and I prefer to ignore the fact that it ever existed, as it takes away from the otherwise brilliant and original writing style. Harry ends up with Ginny, Hermoine ends up with Ron, and someone had a little Wherewolf baby. So yes, you are over thinking the whole thing.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

lol @ random bump?

OT: Harry Potter along with any good series doesn't explain the entire life story of the main character for many a reason. Trust me, I wouldn't want to read about Harry's entire life. Especially after the fall of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. There'd be no conflict. And no conflict makes for a boring as hell story. And yes infact, JK Rollings did put an epilogue into the 7th book. Thank the lord it was only a few pages. It was really cliche, and I prefer to ignore the fact that it ever existed, as it takes away from the otherwise brilliant and original writing style. Harry ends up with Ginny, Hermoine ends up with Ron, and someone had a little Wherewolf baby. So yes, you are over thinking the whole thing.

The epilogue was so-so really, but I think JK left their careers out and stuff so that the fanfiction writers could still have something to write about. If she wrote exactly how their lives panned out then there'd be no speculation/stupid fanfics about it now...

And yeah... random bump much? O_o

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I hate both authors.

JK is just... strange. I don't have much to complain about, she's not as bad as Stephanie Meyer, but I do have one problem. After the release of part 7, she just comes out and the last thing she says on the subject is "oh yeah, and Dumbledore is gay". What. The. Hell.

Stephanie Meyer is a 40 something [female dog] living out her creepy stalkerific fantasy through a disgrace to prose writing that Helen Keller would have been able to better articulate, which she then SELLS TO KIDS AND GETS RICH.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Wow. There's no contest. Even if Harry was a homosexual flying piglet, he alone would be better than Twilight,

That would make for a very interesting story.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

After the release of part 7, she just comes out and the last thing she says on the subject is "oh yeah, and Dumbledore is gay". What. The. Hell.

What the [cabbage] is wrong with that? I see nothing strange at all, you can't expect every character in every book ever written to be heterosexual.

Also Harry Potter is awesome, it beats twilight hands down.

After the release of part 7, she just comes out and the last thing she says on the subject is "oh yeah, and Dumbledore is gay". What. The. Hell.

What the [cabbage] is wrong with that? I see nothing strange at all, you can't expect every character in every book ever written to be heterosexual.

Um, yeah. You can. It's not in the book, she just said it for no reason, and it has no effect on the story at all. So what was the point?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I saw twilight and I almost got kicked out of the class cause I couldn't stop laughing when all the vampires started hissing at each other like a bunch of fifth graders...

Harry potter no contest

You saw it in class?

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I posted early on in this topic, but I'll post again.

I never got into the fangirlism for this series, and I'm glad about that. One thing that bothers me more than a avid twilight fangirl is one of the countless guys who pretend to like it, just to try to get points with the fangirls. That really annoys me.

Anyhow, the books aren't good. Anyone (or most people atleast) who've had any longterm/serious relationships would know that the romance in the book is just ridiculous.

Then there are girls who are literally in love with one of book characters (or what they think is love). This is really no different than falling in love with an imaginary friend, and avoiding any real relationships because of it. It's just stupid. Have any of you ever looked at a twilight fan-forum? I did once, and there was a thread "Worst thing to say to a twilight fan". Most of the replies were something like this:

"I was talking about edward and my dad told me he wasn't real. I went up to my room and cried for an hour" (That one's a real quote)

It just disgusts me to be honest, the people who obsess about it, and in some cases even physically attack people who don't like the books (One girl in my class tried to hit me when I said I didn't like twilight). It's just stupid.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Haven't read or seen Twilight so I base my answer on the storylines

No-brainer, HP wins hands down. I feel like murdering Meyers for the high expectations people will have from now on....damn Edward

Understanding.png

"Probably the worst thing I do is take bubble baths. But manly ones."

No matter what the avatar looks like, I'm male

Um, yeah. You can. It's not in the book, she just said it for no reason, and it has no effect on the story at all. So what was the point?

She said it in answer to an interview question. It's not like she came out in the middle of a signing or something and went "HEY GUYS DUMBLEDORE IS GAY."

I believe the first time she said anything about it was when she reviewed one of the movie scripts. The screenwriter added a scene where Dumbledore reminisces about a female crush he had as a kid. She crossed it out and wrote "Dumbledore's gay."

The "big" announcement was in answer to a fan question, something about Dumbledore's romantic life.

p2gq.jpg

I have to base it on the movies alone, as I have not read Twilight (and if the movie is much like the books, I likely won't) but Harry Potter is far better. Unlike many people, I like the fact that most movies don't follow the storylines perfectly. But I just can't enjoy the "sparkling vampire" idea.