Harry Potter vs. Twilight

IeatWindex

But Sworddude, you can't say all X mythological species need to follow Y traits. Technically there is no true definition of a vampire and if she wants to make them animal blood suckers who glow in the dark, let her.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harry Potter easily.

They might be different, but it's easy to see how much garbage Twilight truly is. It's just a lame excuse for the writer to live out her fantasy. Which are very weird at that, we don't need to know she wants to be stalk by a vampire for months while she sleeps.

But Sworddude, you can't say all X mythological species need to follow Y traits. Technically there is no true definition of a vampire and if she wants to make them animal blood suckers who glow in the dark, let her.

Perhaps.

But perhaps their definition is accepted by society, and one person cannot change that. Besides, we have a man who was thought to be the real vampire. Vlad Tepes, or if you prefer "Vlad the Impaler".

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Vampire

Definition of Vampire for ya too.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Harry Potter is a clear winner for me. Yes the epilogue was garbage, but if you ignore those last few pages, it's an incredible (and rather original) series.

Twilight is a waste of paper. It's overhyped, and singles out one target audience, and an annoying one at that. Twilight stole the plot line of dozens of stories already told (such as cooler versions, like Underworld and Van Helsing) and craps all over everything anyone ever knew about vampires. If you're going to write about mythology. Get the facts straight. You show me a glowing vampire, I'll show you something dumb.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I've never watched or read the Twilight movie/series but I've done them for Harry Potter.

I can honestly say that I find Harry Potter to be boring. I may be in the minority here, but I can't stand watching a HP movie for 10 minutes or read one page of the never ending book series. I just don't find it interesting.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

I liked them both, as books though I could not read the Harry Potter series entirely.

However, with Twilight, I simply adored the romance aspect of things. It's not as good as Harry Potter in writing, but it is still my preferance over Harry Potter.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

Harry Potter.

The only think good I have to say about the Twilight movie is a lot of girls think I look like the lead character, other than that, meh.

THAT is one of the few things that a male with ever gain from the Twighlight books, and something that should make you bow down to the writer. 99% of girls are pretty much in love with that guy, you just got yourself a hot ticket! :thumbup:

Discworld.

Hells to the YES!!! Terry Pratchett for King? :D

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

The Harry Potter movies really need lots of work though. Roughly around 60% of the movie follows the book, although the same can be said with A LOT of book-adapted movies. (Eragon, for example)

The Harry Potter movies really need lots of work though. Roughly around 60% of the movie follows the book, although the same can be said with A LOT of book-adapted movies. (Eragon, for example)

Ewww the movies are crap, anyone should admit that. I think the first two weren't too bad but then they just went off on one half the time and started missing loads of stuff out. The books on the other hand are great.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I don't really know.

I like all the Harry Potter books. The books are good, but I feel that they progressively get better. The first book seems to be written for a younger audience, and then by the last book the audience has changed to a much older audience. The language and the way it is written gets better with every book.

The twilight books aren't that good compared to Harry Potter, but unlike Harry Potter they are all wrote in a similar manner.

I can't really comment on the films, since Twilight only has one film out. I loved the Harry Potter films and I actually liked the Twilight film thought but I had never read the books when I went to see the film. I went to see Twilight with a bunch of girls and guys, all the girls instantly fell in love with Robert Pattinson while after watching him be a maniac in the Haunted airman.

Overall it has to be Harry Potter. Harry Potter is pretty much the only major book with that sort of storyline. Twilight is exactly like every other teen vampire book in existence. There is nothing new except it is dragged out for four books instead of just one or two. Also, twilight brought in such unbelievable stuff like the glittering skin. I know they were only there because it was the only way the book could really work unless the human went on nightly walks every night but the writer deviated from the usual myth stuff so much that it just didn't seem like a vampire book in the end.

I just find it amusing how the guy playing the vampire in Twilight also played Cedric Diggery in the Harry Potter films. :D

tifsiggy.jpg

I just find it amusing how the guy playing the vampire in Twilight also played Cedric Diggery in the Harry Potter films. :D

I just remembered that.

He was a better Cedric.

Yea, but then again Cedric is a better written character. :P

tifsiggy.jpg

You mean because he has more careful writing beyond a stock stereotype?

Pretty much... you know how he's feeling and could empathise with Cedric even though he wasn't exactly a huge character in the book. The Vampire is one of the two main characters in Twilight and you still think "wtf is with him?" as if he was some weird outsider. I know he's meant to be a weird outsider from the town's prospective but being a main character the audience should know more about him and his feelings in my opinion.

tifsiggy.jpg

I don't really know.

I like all the Harry Potter books. The books are good, but I feel that they progressively get better. The first book seems to be written for a younger audience, and then by the last book the audience has changed to a much older audience. The language and the way it is written gets better with every book.

I believe that was intentional. After all, Harry is a year older in every book and as such sees the world in a progressively more mature way. In terms of originality, the plot of Harry Potter far surpasses Twilight. I think the vampire genre has been milked dry, you can only fit a limited number of themes with it.

~ W ~

sigzi.png