9th June 2009 - Run Energy Update / Patch Notes

Johannas

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I've found the guy that plays the bad song they talked about in the Dev blog :D Quite funny watching and listening to ::'

[hide=]Badbard.png[/hide]

That guy plays pretty good for being drunk

The run energy is incredible... it's a real shame it didn't come earlier when I used to run from varrok to the earth altar to do RC. There's a musician right on that path :thumbup:

Doing a RC run now actually MEANS running :thumbup:

There's also other musician between entrana and draynor (law running) ::'

13Ra3.png

Veteran Cape Owner (10 year)

I have to say this is a very impresssive update. Not only does it help members, but it also helps non-members as well, so all and all this is great update.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

:ohnoes: But it-it's not on the in-game spellbook...

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! PENGUINS!

/larry-like paranoia

I wonder what it is...

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

They don't like hotlinking, good thing I saved it

Some people are saying mobilising armies

spellbook1b.jpg

Well the image is obviously a castle turret. So what low level area could we possibly teleport to where there would be castle turrets?

also do we have a list of monsters that drop the new herb started yet? I was at abby spectres for a task earlier and didn't get a single one, so.....

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

Teleport to Castle? Teleport to Base?

It looks like a little tower. After penguins, I say Mobilizing Armies too.

Lielac.png

We've never had a teleport to a minigame before. At least, not in the spell book.

Not to a minigame, but we had tele to target in BH. That might be it.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

While the run energy update is great for stuff like rc, which I've personally tested out, has anyone noticed a difference in FoG? I can't seem to detect the +run recovery bonus that being in the center used to give o.o

Ikcole.png

Everything's fine now, right? I wanna make sure before I log in. :thumbup:

Edit: ^ That is exactly what I thought. Although a Cooking Guild teleport would seem kind of useless, what with Varrock being right there.

Explain.png

spellbook1b.jpg

Well the image is obviously a castle turret. So what low level area could we possibly teleport to where there would be castle turrets?

also do we have a list of monsters that drop the new herb started yet? I was at abby spectres for a task earlier and didn't get a single one, so.....

its a fairy teleport.

Unless your RSN is "imalil[bleep]er", please keep the title appropriate.

Thank you.

i just grew my first wergali a few hours ago.

i got 8 herbs.

16k! woot.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

Members features were always supposed to be turned off on free worlds to avoid spoiling the game for the free players, and indeed most of them were (which is why you cant use members weapons on free worlds, for example), but for some reason we missed the Agility one.

Restoring your Energy

As well as allowing you to get through various obstacles, Agility is also used to recover energy spent on running.

The higher your Agility level, the faster your energy will recover, letting you effectively run for longer. Players with very high levels of Agility will find that they can move quickly around RuneScape, this also carries over to non-member servers.

Tisk tisk jagex! if you're going to try and claim that agility was "never meant to give a bonus on free worlds" then why, perchance, is it stated in the friggin knowledge base? :^o

seriously, if you wanna remove it, that's cool, but dont claim you didnt notice, or didnt mean for it to be there, when its in the knowledge base that it is in fact there... #-o

otherwise, good update. minus the bugs.

edit- added in quote from the update page

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!

Restoring your Energy

As well as allowing you to get through various obstacles, Agility is also used to recover energy spent on running.

The higher your Agility level, the faster your energy will recover, letting you effectively run for longer. Players with very high levels of Agility will find that they can move quickly around RuneScape, this also carries over to non-member servers.

Tisk tisk jagex! if you're going to try and claim that agility was "never meant to give a bonus on free worlds" then why, perchance, is it stated in the friggin knowledge base? :^o

seriously, if you wanna remove it, that's cool, but dont claim you didnt notice, or didnt mean for it to be there, when its in the knowledge base that it is in fact there... #-o

otherwise, good update. minus the bugs.

:evil: I THOUGHT SOOOO.

:wall: :wall: :wall: If you're going to remove something, CHECK YER BEEPIN' FACTS AND IF YOU DO DON'T LIE!

/capsrape

:shame: Bad, bad Jagex.

Lielac.png

So guys, you know that update this morning that messed up monsters retaliating?

It's an anti-autoing update, because rsbot (a widely used autoing program atm, even used on level 100+ chars and pures and stuff) got ids for items and objects and interfaces directly from the rs client itself, deciding where to click with them.

Well, Jagex changed around a lot of these ID's, and thats why they messed up this morning. And they didn't change it back, so everyone that uses RSBot has nothing but messed up scripts. The object ID's seem to fly around runescape making the characters go crazy and making them really detectable for macroing.

So every macroer just got owned really hard unless they read the notices going around before attempting to.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

spellbook1b.jpg

its a fairy teleport.

I think we have a winner