9th June 2009 - Run Energy Update / Patch Notes

Johannas

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, super energy potions are practically useless now. I smell a crash :P

Seriously, I regain the energy I use during a RC run while I'm crafting and banking. I mean unless you're going at super optimal crafting speed, you'll never need to sip super energy. And when you do, it recovers more than it used to. :shock:

And that's just for 76 agility. Imagine it with 99...

Saradomin solo was unharmed by this update. Except Bree on you at all times, I guess?

Yup, I imagine it actually helped it. I used to solo with a terrorbird, but with reduced energy drain rates and with sweets possibly recovering more (do they? haven't tried them but they did say energy restorers have been boosted) it could be worth using a bunyip and defiantly a unicorn when I get 88.

Wow, super energy potions are practically useless now. I smell a crash :P

Seriously, I regain the energy I use during a RC run while I'm crafting and banking. I mean unless you're going at super optimal crafting speed, you'll never need to sip super energy. And when you do, it recovers more than it used to. :shock:

And that's just for 76 agility. Imagine it with 99...

... My prediction: at 99 agility you don't need salt water pools.

Okay, maybe not THAT bad, but completely insane.

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

If even someone with 99 RC (thus very fast runs) don't need them, you're probably right.

Saradomin solo was unharmed by this update. Except Bree on you at all times, I guess?

Yup, I imagine it actually helped it. I used to solo with a terrorbird, but with reduced energy drain rates and with sweets possibly recovering more (do they? haven't tried them but they did say energy restorers have been boosted) it could be worth using a bunyip and defiantly a unicorn when I get 88.

All run energy boost methods (besides t bird and explorer ring) boost twice as much as they used to do. So sweets restore 20% energy!

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

My super energies just started selling an hour ago after sitting there all day. :P

Im betting on a crash.

I did a test with free to play runecrafting to see if Run+Resting was faster then Run+Walking.

Test 1 I started with 50 energy and did 3 rounds from the bank to the Air alter.

I ran when I got energy from walking and ended with a time of 4:12 minutes.

Ending energy was 0 when I finished.

Test 2 I started with 50 energy and did 3 rounds from the bank to the Air alter.

I ran all the time and started resting when I hit 5 energy left and let it restore to about 30-50 before starting to run again.

Ending energy was 0 when I finished.

The time was 4:09 Minutes.

To summarize, running+walking and running+resting are equaly efficient at 1 agility. ;)

Run restore shouldnt in minigames.

129-130-781-58951876

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

Does the rest option stack up with the bracelet of regeneration and/or rapid heal prayer?

ibiteu2death.png

[hide=Funny Quote]

Cbow! Cbow!!!!! +120 range is orgasmic. Or maul, thats what I'd get out of those two options.

I agree with baconisbacon, Cbow looks freaking sensual

Runescape: Where strong weapons bring sexual pleasure.

The size of the e-peen0r is directly proportional to the rarity/power of one's equipment.

[/hide]

If even someone with 99 RC (thus very fast runs) don't need them, you're probably right.

Just did enough crafting to use one ghraak pouch. After the whole run, I did manage to get down to about 10% energy. So I opted to rest for about 10 seconds instead of using super energy. :lol:

So guys, you know that update this morning that messed up monsters retaliating?

It's an anti-autoing update, because rsbot (a widely used autoing program atm, even used on level 100+ chars and pures and stuff) got ids for items and objects and interfaces directly from the rs client itself, deciding where to click with them.

Well, Jagex changed around a lot of these ID's, and thats why they messed up this morning. And they didn't change it back, so everyone that uses RSBot has nothing but messed up scripts. The object ID's seem to fly around runescape making the characters go crazy and making them really detectable for macroing.

So every macroer just got owned really hard unless they read the notices going around before attempting to.

yeah i think its a very smart move on their behalf(jagex), but botting would still continue i reckon

signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you if

^^^^read backwards^^^^

anish00b.png

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=757562&p=6009903

^^^^The Best Melee Training Spot In The Game^^^^

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=786213

^^^^The new Bandits^^^^

even i have the misfile craze!!!

Across the (f2p) world in 3:25 minutes!

Resting every time I got down to 3-4 energy, it took me about three and a half minutes to get from Taverly gate to the gate that leads to Morytania and the Digsite.

... But run/walking is 3:01 minutes. :?

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

Across the (f2p) world in 3:25 minutes!

Resting every time I got down to 3-4 energy, it took me about three and a half minutes to get from Taverly gate to the gate that leads to Morytania and the Digsite.

... But run/walking is 3:01 minutes. :?

i think your better off running from around the makeover mage to those old ruins in level 46 wildy or something.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

its a fairy teleport.

I think we have a winner

I think you're wrong :P

Leaked Mobilising Armies Icon:

2hxat0y.jpg

WINNER!?...!

WINNAR!@!@!!!

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

What's wrong with getting the same slayer task twice in a row. It's not like it makes any difference in the long run.

"Your next task is, 47 Steel Dragons"

"Your next task is, 42 Steel Dragons"

"Your next task is, 49 Steel Dragons"

No Visage or drop over 10k. fml

on topic: thank god for (above) and the energy fix. \'

Popoto.~<3

* While on PvP worlds, you will now be shown a percentage of your maximum possible drop potential and, also, a line it can't pass if you're not in a hot zone. --Oooh, cool, pvp potential has always confused me.

I'll check out the magic icons later, though they look cool from the screenshots. Only thing is the inability to eat or equip armor while running, which I would guess is a bug, just due to the updates it is coinciding with.

If not, that really sucks :o

* While on PvP worlds, you will now be shown a percentage of your maximum possible drop potential and, also, a line it can't pass if you're not in a hot zone. --Oooh, cool, pvp potential has always confused me.

I'll check out the magic icons later, though they look cool from the screenshots. Only thing is the inability to eat or equip armor while running, which I would guess is a bug, just due to the updates it is coinciding with.

If not, that really sucks :o

it was fixed, then the other bugs ensued

Y_Z.png

you can listen to one of the musicians while morphed into a rock.. the QA's didn't pick up on this one.. if i keep abusing it we might need a rollback.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

Great update, besides for all the bugs. Too bad i had to go to work right after school, or they would have been fun to see ::'

EDIT: wow, after reading over all the posts im glad my 8m in yew longs didn't get whipped out :!:

EDIT: wow, after reading over all the posts im glad my 8m in yew longs didn't get whipped out :!:

everyone was lieing about that. it's a shame they had to work overtime because of it.