9th June 2009 - Run Energy Update / Patch Notes

Johannas

I just wanted to reply to something you said Raven. Off topic, but the thread has 24 pages anyway so what does it really matter?

Bigfoot and Nessie(were they real) would have to be highly intelligent to have evaded capture, or even decent recording, for so long. Elvis, was one of the most popular, and still one of the most universally recognized musical icons in history. He was so damn good at what he did that they let his [wagon] keep doing it after he inflated like a damn weather balloon.

As far as homer Simpson, I take it you never saw the episode where he had the crayon removed from his nose and turned out to be some sort of super genius? Either way the sheer fact that he's still alive and kicking after the years of misadventures he's been through kinda lends a bit to his ingenuity.

That being said, Jagex's QA and customer support have always been sub par. I'm hoping that will change in the future, but to be honest I wouldn't really put my chips on it.

Finally, if what someone said about changing ID's to combat autoers is true, then it may be possible that they can't make an announcement until they're done sorting out that issue.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And finally, why not release a USEFUL potion?

Thanks to this potion, I can now craft slayer rings

It is usefull

You could have just been assisted. It works for Rings of Slayer if you've unlocked the ability.

What are the bonuses for Crafting/Fletching Potions? I've had max offers in all day but since they set the prices stupidly low I doubt I'll get any.

Cool color though...

Now, it looks like the actual head of a wolf, ripped off and placed in my interface as a warning from the Penguin Mafia.

I LOL'd, but only silently. Which defeats itself. But it was still funny, slightly, if you get the reference.

2dgucz6.png

Yeah, about those non- repeating slayer tasks............

Did my kalphite assignment, go back to Lapalok and get my new assignment.....kalphites :wall:

GF updates :thumbsup:

p.s. Both assignments were given after the update.

newge4.png

Oh people, you missed the best part of this update (well, besides the chicken, moving the chicken is epic, especially epic if we knew where it was ;) )

You can bury bones, and clean herbs, and who knows what else durring combat without it interupting you!! I was killing chaos druids to try to get a look at this new herb (two inventories and I still haven't gotten one btw) and I noticed that it didn't interupt.

Oh, if they take it out now... :evil:

Apart from the bugs, great update.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Oh people, you missed the best part of this update (well, besides the chicken, moving the chicken is epic, especially epic if we knew where it was ;) )

You can bury bones, and clean herbs, and who knows what else durring combat without it interupting you!! I was killing chaos druids to try to get a look at this new herb (two inventories and I still haven't gotten one btw) and I noticed that it didn't interupt.

I'm pretty sure that it's always been like that...bone burrying at least.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

I just wanted to reply to something you said Raven. Off topic, but the thread has 24 pages anyway so what does it really matter?

Bigfoot and Nessie(were they real) would have to be highly intelligent to have evaded capture, or even decent recording, for so long. Elvis, was one of the most popular, and still one of the most universally recognized musical icons in history. He was so damn good at what he did that they let his [wagon] keep doing it after he inflated like a damn weather balloon.

As far as homer Simpson, I take it you never saw the episode where he had the crayon removed from his nose and turned out to be some sort of super genius? Either way the sheer fact that he's still alive and kicking after the years of misadventures he's been through kinda lends a bit to his ingenuity.

That being said, Jagex's QA and customer support have always been sub par. I'm hoping that will change in the future, but to be honest I wouldn't really put my chips on it.

Finally, if what someone said about changing ID's to combat autoers is true, then it may be possible that they can't make an announcement until they're done sorting out that issue.

The comment about Nessie, Big Foot, and Elvis was not implying they were stupid, but very hard to find, maybe even non existent. And, well, you are right about Homer Simpson having to be either ingenious or extraordinarily lucky to have survived over the years.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

No, if you were good and buried at the exact right time it wouldn't mess up the cycle, but most of the time (especially with a fast weapon like skimmy), it would interupt the combat cycle so that you would basically miss a chance to attack while the monster was still atacking. Trust me, there is a difference. (I've gotten most of my prayer levels burying normal bones because I hate looking at them littering the floor, both mine and other peoples)

No, if you were good and buried at the exact right time it wouldn't mess up the cycle, but most of the time (especially with a fast weapon like skimmy), it would interupt the combat cycle so that you would basically miss a chance to attack while the monster was still atacking. Trust me, there is a difference. (I've gotten most of my prayer levels burying normal bones because I hate looking at them littering the floor, both mine and other peoples)

So you can just bury in the middle of attacks now? :shock: Does that go for potions as well? It would take off a bit of hassle if you don't have to put in that little extra to time sips.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

I feel like training agility at 70 isn't a waste... Wow. If jagex increases the aggresivness of combat familiars (clicking the whistle each time is a bit of a pain) then that's just about every possible improvement I could of wanted in less than 7 months :shock:

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

I feel like training agility at 70 isn't a waste... Wow. If jagex increases the aggresivness of combat familiars (clicking the whistle each time is a bit of a pain) then that's just about every possible improvement I could of wanted in less than 7 months :shock:

Of course they've still got the, "Your familiar is too far away or can not see you to use this scroll" problem to fix.

As well as the familiar interrupting every and any action you decide to take. Take, for example, attempting to rest on-the-fly with a familiar out is quite a fiasco.

Stellactic.gif

Wow, you're gone for 2 hours and miss the biggest bug to ever be introduced to the game, aside from duping, which I did see. :shock:

090609101618.png

O

That SS in your inventory? You pretty much unknowingly stole it.

Just made a small vid from yesterday at Miths - with Waterfiends equipment on.. ::'

Check it out, to see the bug/glitch from yesterday

:D

I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust.

Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days.

I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.

Miandrjo.png

With so many people being able to run longer distances, Torag's set and the whip special aren't looking quite so....terrible.

Actually they'd be worse, since people can just regain the energy lost even quicker than before.

Torags/Whip need a serious revamp. At least Karils isn't as useless (Ability Wise) anymore.

Popoto.~<3

These updates are really good, besides the glitches part which have sorted out (most of them).

And the potions part is especially good, you know why? We now have a stackable secondary, fletching potion uses wimpy bird feathers as secondary. They are annoying to get, but 27 pots/inv=win. The pots won't sell probably tho :roll: .

joke33.png

archsupportei2.png

My Blog of pure... Uhmm... Well... Something...

Proud owner of Quest Cape, achieved 05.08.2008

29062th to Woodcutting 99, 02.05.2009

Looks like a good update, aside from the bug-fest. I panicked when I heard that lent items weren't being returned, I can't afford another Bandos plate. But it only affected items lent during the bugged period. *snuggles BCP*

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Looks like a good update, aside from the bug-fest. I panicked when I heard that lent items weren't being returned, I can't afford another Bandos plate. But it only affected items lent during the bugged period. *snuggles BCP*
Actually it didn't affect ANY lent items, either during the glitched period or before. Anyone that claims it did is either a) lying or B) mistaken

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

love the new update regarding item-producing familiar. I now have no excuse not to use them while smithing, smleting, flecthing etc...

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

love the new update regarding item-producing familiar. I now have no excuse not to use them while smithing, smleting, flecthing etc...
I always used fruit bats while firemaking, now I can use them for everything else too. <3:
imagangster.png

What's different?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

What's different?

Before if you were fletching (was the same with cooking, but I never noticed it in other skills tbh) and it produced an item, you stopped what ever you were doing.

It go freaking annoying when I was fletching with a fruit bat.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

What's different?

Before if you were fletching (was the same with cooking, but I never noticed it in other skills tbh) and it produced an item, you stopped what ever you were doing.

It go freaking annoying when I was fletching with a fruit bat.

Meaning that you get the same xp rates as before but you add between 5k up to 25k cash per hour gained from familiars tht you didn't used previously due to the stoping. Not a game breaking update, but certainly something wise skillers should focus on.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563