9th June 2009 - Run Energy Update / Patch Notes

Johannas

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just was reading this whole topic, than I remembered I lent out my AGS, now I'm too afraid to log in and see if 65% of my bank is still there or not =p if not, well, spend it all on con and start over haha :?

New Siggy in progress.

Proud Construction cape owner

did they fix the dropping while wc thing? i tried it and it stops my wcing animation :(

you would still be cuting logs though.all i know is it works as a monkey it should work as a human too.

Y_Z.png

it should take a small pause, but hardly...if it worked 3 hours ago it should work now...I doubt Jagex is up at 4 in the morning making updates...

w4M8t.png

I can confirm that you can still cut trees, drop logs, and then automatically resume cutting

Also note that while you appear to be pausing after dropping logs, you're still cutting

fishing confirmed here also.

Y_Z.png

Zilyana's Room is now smaller..? NO! :thumbdown: :evil: :evil: :x She's my favorite GWD boss! I Really hope this doesn't make her harder to do than usual... :wall:

There are three sides to any argument: your side, my side and the right side.

RS BILLYMAYS.png

I can confirm that you can still cut trees, drop logs, and then automatically resume cutting

Also note that while you appear to be pausing after dropping logs, you're still cutting

fishing confirmed here also.

Sacred harpoon isn't, though.

Not that anyone USES that thing... i mean yeah it's double exp but it's half the speed.

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

So is there any point in raising agility (besides quests, shortcuts, the cape) now?

It gets even faster? :thumbsup: to that!

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

So is there any point in raising agility (besides quests, shortcuts, the cape) now?

The shortcuts are fairly significant and the cape is one of the best looking there is. That's always been incentive enough to train Agility!

I'm not sure but I think that 90+ Agility probably restores near instantly, or at least quicker than you can run out, and probably instantly or better while resting.

I also wouldn't be too surprised if they came up with even more uses for having a high Agility level in the near future.

2dgucz6.png

The shortcuts are fairly significant and the cape is one of the best looking there is. That's always been incentive enough to train Agility!

I'm not sure but I think that 90+ Agility probably restores near instantly, or at least quicker than you can run out, and probably instantly or better while resting.

I also wouldn't be too surprised if they came up with even more uses for having a high Agility level in the near future.

Hmmm... Does anyone know any what any of the new exp rates for the Ape Atoll and/or Doorgeshcan agility courses without energy potions are?

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

I just finished running some tests, and here are my results for the HP healing aspect of musicians!

HP restores at 1hp/30 seconds.

2x restore prayer boosts this to 1hp/20 seconds.

I'm f2p so I cant test onyx brace, but i'd imagine it too stacks. If i'm wrong and just crazy feel free to correct me, but thats what i timed.

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!

With so many people being able to run longer distances, Torag's set and the whip special aren't looking quite so....terrible.

Actually they'd be worse, since people can just regain the energy lost even quicker than before.

2dgucz6.png

I have mixed feelings about this update.

First, I find that, for the most part, the tweaks to running are very, very, VERY, good. Though it appears I burn through it slightly faster, the rate at which I now regain energy more than compensates. The only exception is the rest function which, from preliminary reports, appears to be less efficient then just walking whilst waiting with the exception of high level agility quests and for healing damage in hard to reach places.

Next we have the icon changes. Good but unnecessary with one exception- the summoning icon on the minimap. Before it looked pretty cool, like the silhouette of a wolf's head. Now, it looks like the actual head of a wolf, ripped off and placed in my interface as a warning from the Penguin Mafia.

Third, Seaweed nets. I... dunno. Could be useful for a niche market. I'm neutral about this one.

Fourth, the new herb. Quite frankly, I have no idea what Jagex was thinking. A fletching potion is probably one of the most useless items in the game, with maybe the exception for a couple of quests. The crafting potion gets the same result. Plus, why the new herb? Why not just use an existing herb? And finally, why not release a USEFUL potion?

Last, I shall comment on the non repeating slayer tasks:

BurnsExcellentSticker.jpg

Now that that's out the way, I must comment on the bugs. First, the initial glitch is so obvious it makes me doubt the existence of Jagex's QA team. Or, if it does exist, it's comprised of Big Foot, Nessie, Elvis, and spearheaded by Homer J. Simpson. None of which are renowned for the quality or quantity of their work.

Secondly, the ensuing chaos after the "fix" was handled abysmally. They didn't shut down the servers immediately, or at all, which would have sniped this problem between the eyes from three hundred meters before it even began, they didn't do a rollback and it appears there shall be no bannings or even warnings handed out. And, the cherry on this dung cake, they have yet to even mention the situation on the front page! On the forums, it appears they're keeping pretty tight lipped or unsure of their next course of action.

But, really, what should I have expected? Jagex's QA has always been awful, and this seems like the Year of the Bug as far as they're concerned.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

And finally, why not release a USEFUL potion?

Thanks to this potion, I can now craft slayer rings

It is usefull

"Noob" is an insult. "Noob" is overused. Be polite. Try to say "noob" less than once a day.

Thank you.