Post and discuss all Jagex Twitter updates here!

forestfrolic

[hide]

Batch 1.5 i see.

Until they fix the rewards sections i'm not interested in dungeoneering :thumbdown:

They already said that this wasn't Batch 2...

1.5 isn't the same thing as 2. FYI.

I'm not sure who you are responding to, but you're comment is meaningless either way.

Your premise is essentially "The number 1.5 is not the number 2". Thanks for the insight, buddy. :rolleyes: Next time try to inject a little meaning into your post, instead of trying to teach people how to count.

"FYI" I was informing Demo that this Dungeoneering update wasn't meant to be Batch 2.

He didn't say it was batch 2 :l he said it was 1.5, and you tell him it isn't 2? He never said it was. :mellow:

His comment was "Batch 1.5 I see." He wouldn't have posted that if he wasn't expecting something more substantial (ie Batch 2). You've never heard of literary tone?

And just for the sake of it, heres the quote from the Dev Blog.

These updates are in addition to the new floors, challenge rooms and bosses that we'll be adding to Daemonheim as part of Dungeoneering batch 2, and are likely to be added to the game before batch 2 comes out.

[/hide]

Wow.... just wow....

He meant Batch 1.5 as in the update between 1 and 2. I mean come on.

Way to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Den defined it best: I said batch 1.5 because it isn't substancial enough to be batch 2. That being said, it still brings certain improvements to a skill in dire need of some. So between lauch and batch 2, thi is batch 1.5 :P

Sorry if I caused any problems :lol:

AHEM! ONE POINT SEVEN FIVE!!!!!!!!!ELEVENTYONESHIFTONE111!!!!!1!1!

Because it really, really, really, REALLY matters. ;-)

Louis_Redux.png

All skills 70+ again 16/06/2010

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[hide]

Batch 1.5 i see.

Until they fix the rewards sections i'm not interested in dungeoneering :thumbdown:

I'm not sure who you are responding to, but you're comment is meaningless either way.

Your premise is essentially "The number 1.5 is not the number 2". Thanks for the insight, buddy. :rolleyes: Next time try to inject a little meaning into your post, instead of trying to teach people how to count.

"FYI" I was informing Demo that this Dungeoneering update wasn't meant to be Batch 2.

He didn't say it was batch 2 :l he said it was 1.5, and you tell him it isn't 2? He never said it was. :mellow:

His comment was "Batch 1.5 I see." He wouldn't have posted that if he wasn't expecting something more substantial (ie Batch 2). You've never heard of literary tone?

These updates are in addition to the new floors, challenge rooms and bosses that we'll be adding to Daemonheim as part of Dungeoneering batch 2, and are likely to be added to the game before batch 2 comes out.

[/hide]

Wow.... just wow....

Den defined it best: I said batch 1.5 because it isn't substancial enough to be batch 2. That being said, it still brings certain improvements to a skill in dire need of some. So between lauch and batch 2, thi is batch 1.5 :P

Acutally, i'm the one who said you were expecting something more substantial. Everyone else was too thick to understand the tone of your writing. You should expect Batch 2 at the end of this year (according to the recent Q&A video on YouTube). Cheers ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Acutally, i'm the one who said you were expecting something more substantial. Everyone else was too thick to understand the tone of your writing. You should expect Batch 2 at the end of this year (according to the recent Q&A video on YouTube). Cheers ;)

:rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm really hoping that the one-off rewards for opening the overworld dungeons include tokens.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

[hide]

[hide]

Batch 1.5 i see.

[/hide]

Wow.... just wow....

[/hide]

AHEM! ONE POINT SEVEN FIVE!!!!!!!!!ELEVENTYONESHIFTONE111!!!!!1!1!

Because it really, really, really, REALLY matters. ;-)

XD I Haven't heard that saying in AGES! You sir have made my day.

OT: I was really hoping that, after waking up and then having to run to the bathroom to throw up, that the update would be there to waste some time on before it's morning, because I can't get back to sleep :cry:.

Instead I came here.

1yrb49.jpg

Ok, I give up. :P

Thank you for that valuable information!

Hope the non-daemonheim dungeons come out tomorrow.

All the dungeoneering updates should come today.

Both the rings and the non-daemonheim dungeons seeing as there are 2 weeks left after this week in this month, one is going to be the clue scroll update and the other one is going to be this months rest week.

All the dungeoneering updates should come today.

Both the rings and the non-daemonheim dungeons seeing as there are 2 weeks left after this week in this month, one is going to be the clue scroll update and the other one is going to be this months rest week.

Or the double xp weekend to fill the no-update week.

Any news yet when this weekend is going to be?

SO!! How bout that twitter hint guys....

This sort of crap happened with the Screenshots thread....can we please get back on track.

Batch 2 or not, I'm very excited for the dungeoneering update, the resource dungeons sound awesome (once the 2-3 week original hype dies down at least.)

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

SO!! How bout that twitter hint guys....

This sort of crap happened with the Screenshots thread....can we please get back on track.

Batch 2 or not, I'm very excited for the dungeoneering update, the resource dungeons sound awesome (once the 2-3 week original hype dies down at least.)

Are they going to be instanced? If they are one-off rewards I would imagine so, but Jagex seems to use instancing very sparingly (other than the skill itself of course).

Pardon my ignorance, I actually don't know what instanced means :unsure:

It's where each person gets their own "mini-world" if you will, for a specific area. Example: When entering the Dungeons of Daemonheim alone, you only see yourself in your personal dungeon. Everyone else gets their own version.

Instanced refers to a place that is loaded only for you (or a specific team, like in dungeoneering). The fight caves are instanced, for example.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Each Person/Group has their own "instance" of the dungeon/cave or whatever. Basically it means you have your own area separate from other players.

oh...well I have no idea, I can't imagine they would be though, since that would drive Rune ore prices to the ground (I'm pretty sure I saw a post somewhere that said there would be an added rune rock with the resource dungeons)

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

oh...well I have no idea, I can't imagine they would be though, since that would drive Rune ore prices to the ground (I'm pretty sure I saw a post somewhere that said there would be an added rune rock with the resource dungeons)

That's a good point. I didn't think of the economic effects of instancing reward dungeons.

They could easily apply a limit to how many of them you could find in a day. Or something to that limit. I don't think that'd be too bad and the fact that if the dungeons are random then you wouldn't always get a rune rock in it.

They could easily apply a limit to how many of them you could find in a day. Or something to that limit. I don't think that'd be too bad and the fact that if the dungeons are random then you wouldn't always get a rune rock in it.

It was already stated in one of the blogs or FAQ's on the RSOF that none of the dungeons will be randomised and each one will always contain the same thing.

Sylpheed.png

I hope not.. I'm getting sick of the "limits" and "daily things".. If I like to play something now I should be able to, shouldn't I?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

They are one-off rewards, so you can only get them once.

They'll be instanced. Imagine how many people it would piss off if:

"You've reached 20 Dungeoneering. You have one time access to the dungeon north of Varrok."

*Player enters dungeon*

"Sorry [bleep]. All the rune rocks are depleted."

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

They are one-off rewards, so you can only get them once.

They'll be instanced. Imagine how many people it would piss off if:

"You've reached 20 Dungeoneering. You have one time access to the dungeon north of Varrok."

*Player enters dungeon*

"Sorry [bleep]. All the rune rocks are depleted."

Hate to break it to you but they will NOT be instanced.

Q: Are the surface reward dungeons going to be randomly generated, or will one dungeon always contain some monsters, and another dungeon always contain some mining rocks etc.?

A: The surface reward dungeons will be static locations that only players of a high enough Dungeoneering level can enter. They will not be procedurally generated - the same dungeon will have the same contents every time you enter it.

QFC: 198-199-4-61038674 Dev Blog - Beyond the Release

Bottom of the first post.

200000000.png

Q: Are the surface reward dungeons going to be randomly generated, or will one dungeon always contain some monsters, and another dungeon always contain some mining rocks etc.?

A: The surface reward dungeons will be static locations that only players of a high enough Dungeoneering level can enter. They will not be procedurally generated - the same dungeon will have the same contents every time you enter it.

You need to learn what instanced means. Instanced means that only you (and possibly your group) can enter it.

What that mod confirmed was that the one-off rewards would be in the same place (my level 20 reward dungeon is in the same place as yours) and that they would all include the same rewards (I get 200 coal for my level 20 reward and so do you).

Static location = Same location for everyone.

Not procedurally generated = everyone gets the same rewards.

Instancing didn't come in even once in that post.

Seriously, they're going to be one-time rewards. Anyone at Jagex who would decide that non-instancing them is best is an absolute moron who would only serve to piss off the community even more when players entered these non-instanced dungeons, with their "one time" entering, to find that the resources and rewards have already been plucked and that they are invariably screwed with this particular reward.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

You need to learn what instanced means. Instanced means that only you (and possibly your group) can enter it.

What that mod confirmed was that the one-off rewards would be in the same place (my level 20 reward dungeon is in the same place as yours) and that they would all include the same rewards (I get 200 coal for my level 20 reward and so do you).

Static location = Same location for everyone.

Not procedurally generated = everyone gets the same rewards.

Instancing didn't come in even once in that post.

Seriously, they're going to be one-time rewards. Anyone at Jagex who would decide that non-instancing them is best is an absolute moron who would only serve to piss off the community even more when players entered these non-instanced dungeons, with their "one time" entering, to find that the resources and rewards have already been plucked and that they are invariably screwed with this particular reward.

um. I think that people are talking about the dungeon itself being instanced. The reward being the same for everyone has NOTHING to do with that. I get 20k mining xp you get 20k mining xp. But is the dungeon itself with the resources or monsters instanced or not. That is the question.

Melencholy.png

Questcape first achieved: Sept 20, 2009
99 agility march 11th 2010

99 Magic - some point in 2012

um. I think that people are talking about the dungeon itself being instanced. The reward being the same for everyone has NOTHING to do with that. I get 20k mining xp you get 20k mining xp. But is the dungeon itself with the resources or monsters instanced or not. That is the question.

I just said that but, um, thank you for agreeing with me?

It is going to be instanced.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I think Jagex was only talking about finding the dungeon, when they meant one-off reward.

IE the first time you enter the dungeon, you get some xp

But each subsequent time, you don't get any XP.

like how you get bonus slayer xp w hen you kill bork for the first time.

but all resources/monsters inside still respawn.

Naaxi.png

I think Jagex was only talking about finding the dungeon, when they meant one-off reward.

IE the first time you enter the dungeon, you get some xp

But each subsequent time, you don't get any XP.

like how you get bonus slayer xp w hen you kill bork for the first time.

but all resources/monsters inside still respawn.

And they still haven't confirmed or denied if only you will be running around in one.

priest_wiz.png