Post and discuss all Jagex Twitter updates here!

forestfrolic

To be honest, instanced or not, no one will be screwed on rewards. look at the stronghold of security, its open to everyone, and no one gets cut from rewards. If they are going to put rewards for everyone one-time, they'll do it so everyone can get it at the same time if need be, so saying it has to be instanced so that people can get their one-time reward is a null comment.

Personally, I'm torn on what I think it will be, there isnt enough information to make a truly viable guess. They are non-Daemonheim dungeons, so they could be like every other dungeon we've ever seen. Alternatively they could follow in suit of the dungeoneering style, and be instanced, allowing you to bring a team of friends to work with you. All we know for sure is that the dungeon wont be randomly generated, so it will have the same structure as previous dungeons around the game world. Logic would say it will follow the skill as it is; but the stated difference opens any possibility.

My vote would be for similar dungeons to daemonheim. It makes the most sense with the skill, spellunking through dungeons as a lone adventurer or with a team. All of the available information only tells us that everyone gets the same reward regardless of what happens, and that the dungeon wont be random.

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would honestly be the happiest if they just made these dungeons like very other cave/dungeon around runescape, just make them with a Dungeoneering requirement.

No instancing, no one-time rewards. Just a new dungeon with a requirement.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

It is going to be instanced.

How do you know? I think it's just a normal dungeon like the Edgeville one with a one-time reward when you first enter it but it requires a certain dung level. I don't know why they should make something special like instances all of a sudden.

[404] Signature not found.

Hi,

As Mod Emilee isn't in the office today I wanted to let you all know that we are not planning to put out a game content update this week - but that there may be a system update later on in the week for some game-engine changes.

Thank you,

-Mod Knox

So, they had 'technical difficulties' but don't want to say that, as their twitter update does say it was going to be this week...

black_eagle4.png

I would honestly be the happiest if they just made these dungeons like very other cave/dungeon around runescape, just make them with a Dungeoneering requirement.

No instancing, no one-time rewards. Just a new dungeon with a requirement.

But with locked rooms so you can't just skip all the monsters and directly go for the boss or whatever is at the end for some lewt.

Ofcourse when i talk about locked rooms i mean rooms which aren't as small as dungeoneering rooms.

Kinda like how you must first obtain a key to get past the lessers in taverly dung, unless you have 71 agility.

jupjup.png[~Visit my Slayer Blog~]jup.png

rvedit2.png

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.~unknown~

I really think that 'one off reward' means that you pay for it once, then you have it forever...

I thin its more like... finding a crashed star, the person who finds it gets that initial XP.

In this case, the first time you enter the dungeon you will receive your XP or whatever else.. Then you have access to the dungeon, you will not recieve that initial bonus again, until you find a new dungeon.

Thats what i figure it means anyway

black_eagle4.png

No update week #?

It seems that way :(

you guys remember the 1 big update + 2 small updates a month post that jagex made a while back right?

we're supposed to have a no update week once a month now, but it only started this trend recently.

I don't mind that, I just don't think jagex really fulfilled their part of the bargain on the 1 big update part.

Naaxi.png

Hi,

As Mod Emilee isn't in the office today I wanted to let you all know that we are not planning to put out a game content update this week - but that there may be a system update later on in the week for some game-engine changes.

Thank you,

-Mod Knox

Quick find code: 16-17-594-61302991

Picture-65.png

td2sig.jpg

Hi,

Thank you,

-Mod Knox

Quick find code: 16-17-594-61302991

Well that is disappointing, at least it seems like it will really be something to look forward to.

jpegsigtest.jpg

Um, yes there was an update planned this week or you wouldn't have revealed the teaser pic. Jagex just can't get it out this week, but they couldn't admit that apparently?

I don't really mind honestly. Remember that they said in the Dev blog that they were trying to complete the solo dungeon saves in time for this update; so we can only assume it isn't quite ready yet. Personally I don't mind another week for me to save up tokens for the ring update.

Um, yes there was an update planned this week or you wouldn't have revealed the teaser pic. Jagex just can't get it out this week, but they couldn't admit that apparently?

I don't really mind honestly. Remember that they said in the Dev blog that they were trying to complete the solo dungeon saves in time for this update; so we can only assume it isn't quite ready yet. Personally I don't mind another week for me to save up tokens for the ring update.

Me either. I'm simply griping at their misdirection about the update being planned instead of saying it's being pushed back a week.

lol @ people who still expect Jagex to release updates when they say they will. :rolleyes: And this is the double edged sword of having BTS back, good that we know what's coming, but then people get angry when Jagex don't deliver when they say they will.

I'm fairly disappointed that it's not coming out this week. Solo dungeon rejoining SHOULD have been released with the minigame as a whole. Infact the minigame shouldn't have been released so unpolished and with the rewards utterly screwed up, but that's for another long gone topic.

On the new dungeons: I believe these will have one off rewards, such as the rewards at the end of FTP3, herbs & seeds etc, and then some resource/monster stuff inside.

"Several places across RuneScape will have extra nooks and crannies added that only those skilled in delving the depths of Daemonheim will fathom how to enter. These areas may contain a few extra spawns of that over-camped monster youre trying to kill; or perhaps some additional resources for you to collect with less competition from other players; or maybe, just maybe, a fearsome creature new to the surface of RuneScape, freshly escaped from the frozen depths of Daemonheim itself!"

From the Dev Blog.

http://devblog.runescape.com/view_post.ws?page=1&post_id=97

asrhasrh.jpg

I personally think the "one-off" rewards will act much in the fasion of the Summer portals rewards - that is, you get one fat amount of xp, tokens, or whatever Jagex chooses to implement, then permanent access to a new area.

Or at least, that's the way I hope it will work.

And here's to more waiting.....

a70c7.png

http://[Use Quick Find Code]/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?198,199,4,61038674

Q: Are the surface reward dungeons going to be randomly generated, or will one dungeon always contain some monsters, and another dungeon always contain some mining rocks etc.?

A: The surface reward dungeons will be static locations that only players of a high enough Dungeoneering level can enter. They will not be procedurally generated - the same dungeon will have the same contents every time you enter it.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Me either. I'm simply griping at their misdirection about the update being planned instead of saying it's being pushed back a week.

Well, a different Mod than usual made the post. Perhaps thinking it best to cover instead of Mod Em's usual forthrightness...might have been a poor choice of wording rather than a company approved decision.

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

Hi,

Thank you,

-Mod Knox

Oh well, next week then. :P

Hi,

Thank you,

-Mod Knox

So, they had 'technical difficulties' but don't want to say that, as their twitter update does say it was going to be this week...

The system update isn't going to be today (it's almost 6pm here in the UK) but may well be tomorrow or Thursday. We don't often update on Fridays.

We had planned to put out our game update this week, but based upon the advice of our QA team we're giving the content some more time before we put it live - hence the picture on twitter/facebook.

We think people enjoy these pictures and 99% of the time they do come before the week of an update - but when we have to delay things, we're letting you know via the forums what is going on and why.

For more information on our updating process please check out the blog by Mod Nexus.

EDIT: added information on twitter and facebook

It's on the 6th page of the post. So not technical difficulties as much as more time to see if there would be technical difficulties.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Was also really looking forward to this, refreshing the RS-frontpage several times/day to see if it updated. :razz:

Oh well, it's a good thing they test it thoroughly before releasing.

This update probably involves a huge ammount off coding.