Post and discuss all Jagex Twitter updates here!

forestfrolic

Speculation will soon end ;) although there are numerous possibilities will the website maintenence play a part or is it simply moving hosts?

Anyone with ideas about todays RS 'sneak peak' may want to read the Tip.It thread at http://[Censored - Don't use a URL shortner]/19M9vB. And it's not sailing ;-p Ajd

Also as pointed out in several topics the maintenence areas of the website has now been cut down from 4 to 2 :)

I also got hyped up about that, but I read it again.

It said Todays Sneak peak, not Today's Update Sneak Peak.

Though, im still prayer for an update today. :P

Don't think there will be an update today, or for this week. They are moving servers, which means some will be down over the next few days, no point updating until they are all running again.

However on weeks with no updates planned early monday morning Mod Emilee posts a "no game update this week" sticky. It only appears later in the week if they planned an update but its been delayed.

There is no such sticky whihc would imply an update is indeed planned

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speculation will soon end ;) although there are numerous possibilities will the website maintenence play a part or is it simply moving hosts?

Anyone with ideas about todays RS 'sneak peak' may want to read the Tip.It thread at http://[Censored - Don't use a URL shortner]/19M9vB. And it's not sailing ;-p Ajd

Also as pointed out in several topics the maintenence areas of the website has now been cut down from 4 to 2 :)

I also got hyped up about that, but I read it again.

It said Todays Sneak peak, not Today's Update Sneak Peak.

Though, im still prayer for an update today. :P

Don't think there will be an update today, or for this week. They are moving servers, which means some will be down over the next few days, no point updating until they are all running again.

However on weeks with no updates planned early monday morning Mod Emilee posts a "no game update this week" sticky. It only appears later in the week if they planned an update but its been delayed.

There is no such sticky whihc would imply an update is indeed planned

Game worlds moving/offline...

Just to inform you over the next few days some worlds will be moving to some newer hosting facilities.

There'll be a period this afternoon where some worlds are moving. At the weekend a few more will be offline whilst the actual move takes place. You will recieve the "system update in 10 minutes" warning beforehand.

We have tried to minimise disruption to various worlds (themed or otherwise) so that all game features are still available.

Thanks for your patience,

Mod Nexus.

Most likely no update this week because some people may not be able to access it. It's nice of Mod Emilee to tell us, but it can't be expected from her to always post. Jagex never update whilst maintenance is being done. Sometimes it's updated afterwards, but this is a project that is definitely going to take longer than a day or two.

Although even saying that I can't ever rule out that they won't, it's just better to prepare for no update.

Dark_Jab.png

Darkjab my point still stands.

When we have no update Emilee ALWAYS posts a no update this week sticky.

Worlds moving is unlikely to stop an update, they are moving a few at a time like 2 or 3 so there's still plenty of space for everyone and won't cut anyone off.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Apparantly it's "unfair to post hints on twitter"

RSOF: 16-17-593-59581869

Jackass.

How does his not wanting to go to another site other than Runescape to find out about Runescape updates make him a jackass?

I'm in favour of some of the ideas posted on that thread as I personally don't like or use twitter. If it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't find out about any of these Twitter posts.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

I'm fairly sure we have had some friday updates over the years.

None in recent memory though.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I was just thinking about it, possibly another expansion to heroes quest. You have to go under rocks (taverly dungeon) to catch an eel (lava eel). Starting off on a new foot... another expansion to it possibly? This would include mining and fishing

7049be8d11.png

archsupportei2.png

Proudly achieved 99 fletching before the 'string x' option

Proudly achieved 99 firemaking before the Grand Exchange was introduced

Call me crazy but I alched all the way to 99 magic

I was just thinking about it, possibly another expansion to heroes quest. You have to go under rocks (taverly dungeon) to catch an eel (lava eel). Starting off on a new foot... another expansion to it possibly? This would include mining and fishing

I should hope not. The Taverly dungeon is huge as it is, full of stuff, and completely great the way it is. It doesn't need to be alter, adjusted, or anything.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Jackass.

How does his not wanting to go to another site other than Runescape to find out about Runescape updates make him a jackass?

I'm in favour of some of the ideas posted on that thread as I personally don't like or use twitter. If it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't find out about any of these Twitter posts.

I don't honestly see the problem with Jagex using Twitter; it's not as if it's some shady site which could potentially infect your computer. You don't even need to register an account to view the tweets, and checking for updates takes less than a minute with the current setup. :lol:

They could post hints in the RSOF, to keep everything on their site, but does that sound appealing to you? I certainly wouldn't want to have to trawl through the official forums for a small bit of information; Twitter is simply a much more convenient outlet. You'll have to explain to me how posting tweets instead of obscure RSOF posts is "unfair," as I can't understand why that would be.

I suggest favouriting the OfficialJagex page for those that haven't, by the way.

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png

Jackass.

I don't honestly see the problem with Jagex using Twitter; it's not as if it's some shady site which could potentially infect your computer. You don't even need to register an account to view the tweets, and checking for updates takes less than a minute with the current setup. :lol:

They could post hints in the RSOF, to keep everything on their site, but does that sound appealing to you? I certainly wouldn't want to have to trawl through the official forums for a small bit of information; Twitter is simply a much more convenient outlet. You'll have to explain to me how posting tweets instead of obscure RSOF posts is "unfair," as I can't understand why that would be.

I suggest favouriting the OfficialJagex page for those that haven't, by the way.

If you had read the guys post on RSOF I can't remember anywhere where he said it was unfair, I may be wrong though.

He was mainly complaing at the fact that the Tweets aren't posted on the RSOF as well.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

He doesn't specifically mention the word "unfair," but it's implied when he mentions that he shouldn't have to frequent the clan chats of Jmods and visit Twitter to obtain leaked information, since he doesn't like using them. For the record, I do think it's unfair (read: bs) that certain Jmods are able to discuss future updates in their chats--that crosses the line.

Anyway, I can agree that the hints should be posted in the RSOF as well, but I still can't imagine why anyone would prefer to read them there. :?

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png

• 3 weeks later...
@Colintje3 my personal favorite is the "Worst Update Ever" t-shirt & I'll be wearing it around the content team area once I get it ;-) Ajd

RT @Runeopolis have released Runetweet V 3.0. New design and improved features. Mostly back-end enhancements to make it better. Ajd

@MrHeavenlyevil 'Freeing up' display names doesn't have a date attached to it yet. We do want to do it, but it needs careful planning-RSDev

@marioscape Of course we are having a Halloween event! Look out for it closer to the time... -RSDev

A new player made video spotlighted on the #RuneScape youtube - Rocky! http://[Censored - Don't use a URL shortner]/pgU7o for more. Ajd

Almost ready to go with the new EXTREME!! combo flavours for #RuneScape whilst the Imps finish off their "colloquium" project... Ajd

The last one doesnt make any sence to me. :P