Post and discuss all Jagex Twitter updates here!

forestfrolic

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could be an interface update. "Flavours" do not always have to do with food. It can replace "styles". It could be a skybox since they mentioned something about that after Runetek5 upgrade.

EDIT:

from http://devblog.runescape.com/view_post.ws?post_id=27&page=1

What next?

The impetus for some of these improvements has come from the development of "Mechscape", and RuneScape is now able to benefit from these too.

Development is still continuing; another member of the Game Engine team has just commenced work on the DirectX RT5 implementation, and we have several awesome features in the pipeline.

impetus... Isn;t there something called impetus impulsive involving imps or whatever?

If I am right,

colloquium could be a forum update based on deffinition.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Sounds like a new hunter minigame to me. I hardly consider Impious Impulses a hunter minigame, as it is really just an expansion area. I hope Im wrong, as I can't find any enthusiasm for anything hunter related right now, personally. Maybe it would be fun. Maybe it's high lvl hunter stuff. Either way, it sounds like a clue toward something hunting related.

edit: if it is some wierd combined minigame of hunter and cooking... that... sounds.... very, very odd.

http://twitpic.com/kgu1a - Mod Ajd is most pleased that his new T-Shirt has finally arrived :-)

Like #RuneScape? Like sharing what you're up to in #RuneScape? Want to combine the two? RSBandB to the rescue! http://[Censored - Don't use a URL shortner]/19yXjS Howes CM

Lovely shirt. :lol:

I think "flavour" hints to a cooking or herblore update as both skills result in products which could have some extreme flavours.

And the imp thing could have something to do with a graphic update of these creatures or a quest involving them or a hunter update.

The word "extreme" is mentioned in the english, german and french hint so the word could be something important.

[404] Signature not found.

Wasn't there a hint with something to do with Zimberfizz (the imp at Soul wars) in the Chaos Elemental suitcase?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I found this post on the RSOF by RankWinner which sounds like a very good theory to me:

Hi! As anybody who follows the jagex twitter will know:

1: "Almost ready to go with the new EXTREME!! combo flavours for #RuneScape whilst the Imps finish off their "colloquium" project... Ajd"

And 2:"Andrew and Mod MMG talking to the staff at our recent company meeting."

Collquium: An academic meeting or seminar usually led by a different lecturer and on a different topic at each meeting .

Anyway... I found it funny that jagex referr to they're staff as "Imps" lol... and there's almost no chance of a update today because of the meeting...

So, the update WILL be tomorrow, because tomorrow the "Imps" (Jagex staff) will have finished they "Colloquium" (meeting) and they will add "new EXTREME!! Combo flavors" into runescape tomorrow, after the meeting's finished...

So yeah, as you may know from their twitter, Jagex had a company meeting today :P

As for the combo part... We'll just have to see about that :D

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

I found this post on the RSOF by RankWinner which sounds like a very good theory to me:

1: "Almost ready to go with the new EXTREME!! combo flavours for #RuneScape whilst the Imps finish off their "colloquium" project... Ajd"

Collquium: An academic meeting or seminar usually led by a different lecturer and on a different topic at each meeting .

Anyway... I found it funny that jagex referr to they're staff as "Imps" lol... and there's almost no chance of a update today because of the meeting...

So, the update WILL be tomorrow, because tomorrow the "Imps" (Jagex staff) will have finished they "Colloquium" (meeting) and they will add "new EXTREME!! Combo flavors" into runescape tomorrow, after the meeting's finished...

So yeah, as you may know from their twitter, Jagex had a company meeting today :P

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Here are the Twitters for those who dont check them:

http://twitpic.com/kgyub - Andrew and Mod MMG talking to the staff at our recent company meeting.
http://twitpic.com/kgyvx - And the staff listening to what they have to say.
RT @JamesSwann: @officialjagex Still working out of that tent? surely you can afford premises by now?

I noticed one of the guys sitting there had the Limited Edition Bandos Hoodie. :P

"Almost ready to go with the new EXTREME!! combo flavours for #RuneScape whilst the Imps finish off their "colloquium" project... Ajd"

Something just hit me! It sounds like the "EXTREME!! combo flavours" has to do with a Runescape update, while there may be an Arcanists update too! If you followed the Arcanists developer diaries on Funorb, you'll know how they often refer to the "Imps" creating new spells, and unlocking new areas in Arcanists. "Colloquium" also fits the theme of Arcanists having to do with arcane knowledge, and spellbooks, and whatnot.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Here are the Twitters for those who dont check them:

http://twitpic.com/kgyub - Andrew and Mod MMG talking to the staff at our recent company meeting.
http://twitpic.com/kgyvx - And the staff listening to what they have to say.
RT @JamesSwann: @officialjagex Still working out of that tent? surely you can afford premises by now?

I noticed one of the guys sitting there had the Limited Edition Bandos Hoodie. :P

Those pictures were from the Jagex Jolly a week or so back. :wink:

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Were there any foreign language hints released? Aren't there usually? I think those have helped decipher the clues in the past...

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

German Twitter:

Das #RuneScape-Update wird euch extreme Aromen bringen, und auch die Kobolde sind fast mit ihrem Kolloquium-Projekt fertig! -Mod Heiko

Translation: The RuneScape Update will bring extreme flavours and the imps are almost finished with their colloquium project! - Mod Heiko

[404] Signature not found.

French twitter anyone?

Sounds like a potato style update and the imp update sounds interesting.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

http://twitpic.com/kpjk5 - Andrew, Mod MMG, Mod Riaan, and Mod Slake getting ready for a serious meeting...
http://twitpic.com/kpzix - Mod Rob at the launch of RuneScape in India. We also had Bollywood star Aftab Shivdasani there http://[Censored - Don&#39;t use a URL shortner]/bPyJ0. Ajd

It'll soon be time in #RuneScape to head west and meet up with some old friends. Ajd

I am curious, and slightly excited for some Elven content!

Definately sounds elvern but that's just my head saying elves elves elves, and my heart saying no no no :(

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

As much as I know better than to think Elves...It's the only conclusion i can come to with this hint. There aren't "old friends" in Ardougne and I wouldn't say we're "friends" with anybody in the Gnome Stronghold, though I remember Jagex saying they wanted to update Gnomes...

Only other places I can think of, besides Elves is the Fishing Colony, which I hope not, or the Phoenix Quest, but...there's only one friend there, the guthix priest. Elves here we come!

This could be alot of things actually. :P

- New Gnome Quest/Graphic Update

- Making History Part 3

- Elven Quest

- Soul Wars Related (Something about the Imp there?)

- Ogre Quest (Very Unlikely)

- New Sea Slug Quest

- Another Sea Troll Quest (Revenge of The Sea Troll Queen? :P)

Place your bets people. ;)

It seems pretty obvious to me. From the postbag a while back we know a new elf quest is coming. First thing that comes to mind from the west is the elven lands. So hopefully MEP3 is coming out next week.

Sleep on...fly on.

In your mind, you can fly.

Gigatiran.png