godc0mpl3x

What happens after your death?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. What happens after your death?

• Other (...)
    • Reincarnation
    • Nothingness
    • Eternal life

U keep 3 clothes on you, or your pocket money, then u go to fally/lumby .. depends on what u have selected and u have to go and live again :o

P.S: I wonder what happens to most of the s player ( no-lifers) .. they have no life how can they die :shock:

no...just no

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U keep 3 clothes on you, or your pocket money, then u go to fally/lumby .. depends on what u have selected and u have to go and live again :o

P.S: I wonder what happens to most of the s player ( no-lifers) .. they have no life how can they die :shock:

Get out please.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

No Valhalla for you.

ezegyc.png

That's why you're on the TZDF blackdawn. Even your balls can tear zombies to shreds.

Also a question to you karma "people"....What defines whats "good" or "bad" in the karma system? Because most moral systems are very dynamic and constantly change, there are no such thing as "objective" morals only subjective morals.

The "best" answer I can give for that is that a god who was intelligent would be able to differentiate between moral relativism and concious. For instance, its safe to assume for karma that murder=bad; feeding starving children=good but its hard to judge things like human sacrifice back in the mayan culture.

But for more blurred concepts like killing someone in self defense, a god has decided whether or not that's good or bad karma? How do you know if something is good or bad?

Also a question to you karma "people"....What defines whats "good" or "bad" in the karma system? Because most moral systems are very dynamic and constantly change, there are no such thing as "objective" morals only subjective morals.

The "best" answer I can give for that is that a god who was intelligent would be able to differentiate between moral relativism and concious. For instance, its safe to assume for karma that murder=bad; feeding starving children=good but its hard to judge things like human sacrifice back in the mayan culture.

But for more blurred concepts like killing someone in self defense, a god has decided whether or not that's good or bad karma? How do you know if something is good or bad?

But where did the idea of good and bad come from anyway. From the first humans a majority of the population must have had stuff they considered good and stuff they considered bad. It's just natural I guess.

It's about suffering, innocent, and guilty. If Person A made Person B suffer, whom did not cause suffering to Person A at all, then Person A is "bad" for suffering an innocent person.

It's who ever throws the first punch. If you know it will bring suffering to those who did not commit suffering to you, and you willingly did it, you're guilty. And guilty is "bad".

It isn't rocket science.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

It's about suffering, innocent, and guilty. If Person A made Person B suffer, whom did not cause suffering to Person A at all, then Person A is "bad" for suffering an innocent person.

It's who ever throws the first punch. If you know it will bring suffering to those who did not commit suffering to you, and you willingly did it, you're guilty. And guilty is "bad".

It isn't rocket science.

I think there should be such a thing as "neutral" karma. For example, an executioner wouldn't get bad karma for removing someone who is a threat to humanity but also wouldn't get good karma.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

It isn't rocket science.

I think there should be such a thing as "neutral" karma. For example, an executioner wouldn't get bad karma for removing someone who is a threat to humanity but also wouldn't get good karma.

I'm not into the whole Karma thing, but you're right.

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind...unless you only do it to guilty people."

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

In that case, it would be more of a neutral action; your not doing anything "good", but there is no reason to say defending yourself is "bad"

awteno.jpg

In that case, it would be more of a neutral action; your not doing anything "good", but there is no reason to say defending yourself is "bad"

But I could also say that you're taking a human life, doing the most reprehensible thing possible. My point is that these concepts of morality are not fixed and even within the same time period(not to mention hundreds or thousands of years) people have vastly different viewpoints. You say it like everyone has the exact same view on morality, but the fact is that they don't. How do you know if something is good or bad? Is this "god" constantly changing the criteria for good and bad karma? And if so who's view is he/she/it taking?

It isn't rocket science.

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind...unless you only do it to guilty people."

Better blind than wicked.

[hide=]

It isn't rocket science.

Better blind than wicked.

[/hide]

beat me to it

[hide=]

But I could also say that you're taking a human life, doing the most reprehensible thing possible. My point is that these concepts of morality are not fixed and even within the same time period(not to mention hundreds or thousands of years) people have vastly different viewpoints. You say it like everyone has the exact same view on morality, but the fact is that they don't. How do you know if something is good or bad? Is this "god" constantly changing the criteria for good and bad karma? And if so who's view is he/she/it taking?

[/hide]

The logical line of thought would say consideration for intent is extremely important, killing someone as a human sacrifice because its cultural tradition isnt evil, but killing someone because you want to steal their car is. As a note, cultural tradition is different then just doing something because its cool.

I dont even believe in karma for the record.

awteno.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

You know, I can think of an outcome that would be more depressing and maddening than nothingness, eternal lucid dreaming, hell, or whatever.

The theory? That we live the EXACT same life OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER.

When we die we start our life all over again. No memory, no chance to right a wrong, why? Because the "life" is moreso a film rather than a game (that's one way to put it anyway). We keep living the same thing again with no memory of it. German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche actually had a theory built off this. He came up with the idea of the "Ubermensch" (or, overman) capable of coping with and accepting this horrible truth. Somehow this was supposed to make "him" (or her for that matter) the perfect human, the next step... somehow...

I won't vote in this poll because my hopes, theories and fears are way too scattered with the afterlife. Timidity makes me want to live forever.

dilo_1_2.png

It's what I do

6968.png

I dont know, and no one else does, just the death, but you cant talk to them.

Im really paranoid about another dimensional-type of existance in other plane, but who knows.

What is for sure is that ur body gets eaten by worms and stuff and then u turn into energy :D

gene.png

gene2.png

gene3.png

person who won the most awards: Generaldesor

RETIRED

chances are there will just be nothing, i hope my immortality potion works

Did you buy it off ebay?

nah, I've seen them on amazon for $39.99

I also heard that they taste like chicken :D

-Hazz ::'

trust me, the imortality potions work. i drank it and jumped off a bridge into oncoming trafic. 6 broken ribs, a cracked skull, broken femur, sternum, 2 fingers and my left radius, but i lived!

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

chances are there will just be nothing, i hope my immortality potion works

Did you buy it off ebay?

nah, I've seen them on amazon for $39.99

I also heard that they taste like chicken :D

trust me, the imortality potions work. i drank it and jumped off a bridge into oncoming trafic. 6 broken ribs, a cracked skull, broken femur, sternum, 2 fingers and my left radius, but i lived!

SWEET!!! I'll pre-order mine tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

The poll results are pretty interesting. I mean, nearly 60% of TIF is atheist (or at least doesn't believe in eternal life or anything else).

Now that you mention it, it would also be pretty interesting to have a poll for religion specifically. :)

The poll results are pretty interesting. I mean, nearly 60% of TIF is atheist (or at least doesn't believe in eternal life or anything else).

Now that you mention it, it would also be pretty interesting to have a poll for religion specifically. :)

It would be actually. I've always assumed that at least a decent portion of TIF was atheist, but I never realized it was 60%. Then again I wonder what the results of this poll would be if it were posted in the runescape section.

It would be actually. I've always assumed that at least a decent portion of TIF was atheist, but I never realized it was 60%. Then again I wonder what the results of this poll would be if it were posted in the runescape section.

I say we try it? :ohnoes: ::'

-Hazz