• Other (...)
    • Reincarnation
    • Nothingness
    • Eternal life

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This would be better suited as a poll than a thread. I'd love to see how TIF's split up on this matter, but I couldn't give a hoot about an endless and redundant discussion.

Hope we get a poll up, but until then, I'm with Maleficus. I don't understand why that seems depressing though. Eternal life scares me more.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

What do you believe lies beyond our mortal coil?

Hamlet much?

OT

interesting question of course, my bets are on either floating in nothingness concious for eternity or simple end to existing.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

I'm 50/50 on this. Of course, I believe if there is an afterlife, no religion on the planet has the right version of it.

Off topic.

Valhalla, its the only after life I'd want after life. Although I am a firm believer in the staying on earth as a spirit just to [bleep] with people.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

Well most likely we just rot in the ground. Though it'd be fun to have like a greek underworld. Where you go is based on your favor with the gods. I bet all those religious people killing in the name of god would piss the greek gods off so bad.

Theres this one guy, his name is Jared. (hes got a really big house) and he invites you to live with him. If you refuse, you go to Sam`s house. (its on fire or something, Idk. :? ) If you accept Jared offer, you can live with him, and play xbox and runescape forever. :thumbsup:

I've always had two thoughts as I've never been 100% sure on either of my ideas.

I don't believe in Heaven nor Hell as preached in the Christian bible. My view is, there is some form of a higher power, yet no religion preaches him as he wants to be preached, he'll grant afterlife to those who are a benefit to the world I.e Helpful to others, not people who devote their life to pleasing god yet are a horrible person (I've come across quite a few) simply because "we're not pleasing god."

I just can't believe in the Christian or Islamic ideas of "Heaven", I really think a fair god would grant entry into some form of paradise through the persons work during his life, not his 40 minutes every Sunday and a pray before bed.

I'm have a similar belief like Kranked. However, I think what you people really want to know is, what is there ? Any thoughts or feelings we will experience ? Any super-ego conscience talking to us ? Floating dismembered heads ? Etcetera.

So, what does it feel like to be dead. That's what I, like most other people [i presume], would like to know.

We all know in science, that energy cannot be lost or destroyed, only created, yes? Well, one could classify us as a form of energy, or, at least having energy in us (Not going to go into diff. types). So, by that, what happens to us? We are simply destroyed? No. Our energy is transferred, and most likely, into a new born.

That's just my 20 Cents/theory. Feel free to rip it to shreds.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

We all know in science, that energy cannot be lost or destroyed, only created, yes? Well, one could classify us as a form of energy, or, at least having energy in us (Not going to go into diff. types). So, by that, what happens to us? We are simply destroyed? No. Our energy is transferred, and most likely, into a new born.

That's just my 20 Cents/theory. Feel free to rip it to shreds.

Rip it to shreds? No, no, that would be too easy. I'm just gunna laugh at it.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Right now I think that nothing happens, that death is the end for us, and nothing happens after it. However the world is a very strange place and I wouldn't put anything at certain. While I don't believe that a god created everything or that there is some mastermind behind everything in the universe it isn't within the realm of possibility that something else happens when you die other than nothingness.

i believe i will simply cease to exist. darkness, silence

however, as noone knows what happens for sure, i want to make the most of my life so that i dont end up regretting it in hell :lol:

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Theres this one guy, his name is Jared. (hes got a really big house) and he invites you to live with him. If you refuse, you go to Sam`s house. (its on fire or something, Idk. :? ) If you accept Jared offer, you can live with him, and play xbox and runescape forever. :thumbsup:

I choose Sam's house.

X-Box? That's hell.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

I don't know. I think you should go explore it. Don't worry, we'll tie a rope around you to drag you back.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Nothingness.

Complete and utter nothingness.

Its not bad though, since you wont be able to understand what bad is. Or anything for that matter.

As much as I would like to be reincarnated, its not going to happen :(

2Xeo5.png

It's not darkness or nothingness. Your brain is dead. Therefore you are not there. You no longer exist, and you never know that you don't exist. You're just gone. You take your last breath, and that's it. You're gone.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

It's not darkness or nothingness. Your brain is dead. Therefore you are not there. You no longer exist, and you never know that you don't exist. You're just gone. You take your last breath, and that's it. You're gone.

This is the thing I simply can't get my head around... I mean I know/am damn sure that it's true... but I can lie in my bed for hours, and even in my most abstract thoughts I can't imagine not existing... or not even being able to think that I don't exist... I just stop, and this makes the life I lead now seem so infantissimally small... it really is something I try to avoid thinking about now. You try to think: what does it feel like to be dead? But it doesn't feel, and nothing is or matters, or even exists from your prospective because you're not there to have a prospective any more. I could actually warble on for hours about this and get absolutely nowhere... it's scarily "nothingy", but at the same time not nothing, because nothing is, like everything else, prospective, and there is no prospective when you're dead. I actually am gonna have to force myself to stop writing now!! :wall:

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

This is the thing I simply can't get my head around... I mean I know/am damn sure that it's true... but I can lie in my bed for hours, and even in my most abstract thoughts I can't imagine not existing... or not even being able to think that I don't exist... I just stop, and this makes the life I lead now seem so infantissimally small... it really is something I try to avoid thinking about now. You try to think: what does it feel like to be dead? But it doesn't feel, and nothing is or matters, or even exists from your prospective because you're not there to have a prospective any more. I could actually warble on for hours about this and get absolutely nowhere... it's scarily "nothingy", but at the same time not nothing, because nothing is, like everything else, prospective, and there is no prospective when you're dead. I actually am gonna have to force myself to stop writing now!! :wall:

You wouldn't realise you didn't exist, you wouldn't understand or be aware of anything.

You wouldn't even be aware of your own unawareness?

2Xeo5.png

You wouldn't realise you didn't exist, you wouldn't understand or be aware of anything.

You wouldn't even be aware of your own unawareness?

Yeaauppp xD It's scary :S

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113